RIP Dan Blankenship.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 29, 2016
US
True story: there is no treasure. Never has been. It's a myth, a story. Captain Kidd no more buried treasure there than I buried in my backyard full of ancient Viking loot.

Whatever you do, don't Google the fakeness of the show.. reality TV is no more real than the script writers' imagination.

I only write this because of the disgust I have for the once-science filled networks, such as Discovery Channel, National Geographic, etc, have all sold out, and is nothing but freaking trash. If I wanted to watch a show that required zero thinking, there are 100 more networks that have sunken to such trash.. "reality" shows litter my DirecTV guide, every freaking time I hit guide button. It's disgusting. It's a shame.

I hate everything these once great networks now represent.

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
True story: there is no treasure. Never has been. It's a myth, a story. Captain Kidd no more buried treasure there than I buried in my backyard full of ancient Viking loot.

Whatever you do, don't Google the fakeness of the show.. reality TV is no more real than the script writers' imagination.

I only write this because of the disgust I have for the once-science filled networks, such as Discovery Channel, National Geographic, etc, have all sold out, and is nothing but freaking trash. If I wanted to watch a show that required zero thinking, there are 100 more networks that have sunken to such trash.. "reality" shows litter my DirecTV guide, every freaking time I hit guide button. It's disgusting. It's a shame.

So while I too think the show should have been one really good season of what was actually found instead of 7 of a guy walking around finding buttons with a metal detector there was absolutely something there.......what it was and whether any remains are two different questions.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
"I boulder? In the ocean? Could this mean someone placed it there, as a marker to the real treasure? Or, could it mean something... even more sinister?"

The dude is wearing me out. I want to make him #7 for the Island. Sacrifice him over the money pit.
What do you mean? Are they repeating too many questions? Are they wasting time summarizing what you just learned? Can they do that every show? I agree, open up bore hole hx and toss him in. 300 years from now that'll really mess with searchers. Plus I don't like seeing our beloved metal detector guy on other lost gold shows.

Has anyone even tried watching the others? Can't do it myself as oak island was a real story growing up for me and that's the draw. The others remind me of that gold digging show that highlights their stupidity instead of teaching about gold dredging.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005

I concur. The real treasure is the show. But I'm pot committed at this point.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
So while I too think the show should have been one really good season of what was actually found instead of 7 of a guy walking around finding buttons with a metal detector there was absolutely something there.......what it was and whether any remains are two different questions.
Exactly. Its pretty amazing how they built this system. Makes one think they've done it elsewhere as how else does one come with the idea and resources to pull it off.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
I do some metal detecting myself. Not as much as I like. A few years ago, I was granted access to Boggy Depo outside Atoka and found a dozen rifle balls, bullets and horseshoes. Also found a lot of pottery in old privies. Really fun looking for history in the ground!
That's the best part. Hardly anyone does it anymore and there's plenty of fun buried in the ground. Last winter I was heading to the ski slopes in North Bend Washington and ran into these old timers who had a metal hunting club. They rigged their detectors with longer poles to search beneath the snow pack. They showed me their findings. Tons of old car keys. Some class rings. Aviator sunglasses. And a Mason jar from 60's to 70's with an old bud, pipe and lighter in it.