Right Wing Peaceful Protestor Shot Dead In Portland

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Oregon Gov Kate Brown calls for end to protest violence. But she does it with a quote that is very interesting.

“The violence must stop,” Brown wrote. “There is no place for white supremacy or vigilantism in Oregon. All who perpetrate violent crimes must be held equally accountable.”
l
Every step of the way the leaders in Seattle and Portland have called out white supremacists for this trouble. Even when they are crowds mixed with all races or when they are burning flags they are called white supremacists. If it's really white supremacists doing this it would appear Seattle and Portland have more of those than Oklahoma City.

Dishonesty is not productive and shows a tremendous weakness in the position they are taking.

I still would prefer Trump let the people burn these cities down if that's their choice. The people of those cities elected these politicians and make excuses for the trouble makers.

Let it ride, it's my reality TV.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
1599349675571.png

Corporate property got "redecorated".

Also this is why I have little sympathy for these cities. The anarchists are getting pretty good support from some of the locals.

1599349894415.png

Mar 11, 2006
Jacob Blake — How did I not know this?

Some know that the former girlfriend of Blake accused him of breaking into her home, sexually assaulting her, and stealing her credit card and car in May. Court documents from July show an open warrant for his arrest.

What I didn’t know was it was the very same former girlfriend, who had previously been sexually assaulted, that called 911 on Blake last month on the day he was shot. When a rape victim calls the cops because her assaulter was back in her house, and wouldn’t leave, it’s extremely relevant context.

Also, the car he tried to get into right as he got shot was not his car.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Jacob Blake — How did I not know this?

Some know that the former girlfriend of Blake accused him of breaking into her home, sexually assaulting her, and stealing her credit card and car in May. Court documents from July show an open warrant for his arrest.

What I didn’t know was it was the very same former girlfriend, who had previously been sexually assaulted, that called 911 on Blake last month on the day he was shot. When a rape victim calls the cops because her assaulter was back in her house, and wouldn’t leave, it’s extremely relevant context.

Also, the car he tried to get into right as he got shot was not his car.
Only context that matters is that he had a knife he wouldn't drop when ordered to, and had started to turn towards the cop with it when shot.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Mar 11, 2006
Only context that matters is that he had a knife he wouldn't drop when ordered to, and had started to turn towards the cop with it when shot.

Legally for defense of police officer shooting I agree. But I was getting at the #metoo movement. Has the movement ended so quickly that an accused rapist showing up unannounced at his victims home means nothing to the #metoo group, and that his name should be celebrated?

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Well the effort of “We are here today to begin the process of ending the Minneapolis Police Department and creating [a] new transformative model for cultivating safety in Minneapolis,” isn't going quite as planned. A better man would be a little less "I told you so" but that train left the station long ago.

“I think when you take a statement and then move into policy work, it gets more complicated,” said City Council President Lisa Bender.

Apparently the City Council President didn't know ending the police department in a major metropolitan area would be "complicated". Honestly the idea went away more quickly and quietly than I even expected.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
How do we know the gunshot is the thing that killed him? He may have been overweight or also had drugs in his system prior to the incident. I see alot of people jumping to conclusions to try and steer a narrative. Also what was this gentlemen's complete and thorough criminal record.

Were his taxes 100% paid? Had he gone on any bad dates? Does he have a history of parking tickets? Was he a fan of Gary Glitter's Rock and Roll Part 2?

I see alot of people wanting to mourn the death of an individual who could have been a threat to polite society!

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
How do we know the gunshot is the thing that killed him? He may have been overweight or also had drugs in his system prior to the incident. I see alot of people jumping to conclusions to try and steer a narrative. Also what was this gentlemen's complete and thorough criminal record.

Were his taxes 100% paid? Had he gone on any bad dates? Does he have a history of parking tickets? Was he a fan of Gary Glitter's Rock and Roll Part 2?

I see alot of people wanting to mourn the death of an individual who could have been a threat to polite society!
Why not carry that
Right on out to...Did he once conduct and mastermind an armed home invasion and point a loaded weapon at a pregnant woman’s belly?? And yes...these things do matter in the grand scheme of things and you are right..they should be asked of this persons history as well.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Why not carry that
Right on out to...Did he once conduct and mastermind an armed home invasion and point a loaded weapon at a pregnant woman’s belly?? And yes...these things do matter in the grand scheme of things and you are right..they should be asked of this persons history as well.
Did this guy fight with the person who pulled the trigger? Was the short in a lawful position to detain the victim?

Point is, you can't compare them. And yes, being overweight and having heart issues, and overdosing on a drug while also having meth in your system, is basically a way to commit suicide. So is fighting with cops and then brandishing a knife.