Rifle builds

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OSU Sig

Federal Marshal
Jan 28, 2005
Edmond
Recently bought a new AR. LWRC 5.56 IC. It's fully ambi, has great finish and shoots lights out...
I'll get some photos posted.

dds115

Free Roverto!!!
Aug 11, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
www.hirecoachgundyscoaches.com
I've seen them between $450-600. That includes the BCG which uses a special buffer tube/spring combo that's built into the bolt carrier.

So with the BCG and such it comes out to be like $350-400. DAMN. That would be sweet on an SBR... which I really want to build. I'm putting my 16" AR15 for sale next week I think to fun the SBR/trust/tax stamp.

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
So with the BCG and such it comes out to be like $350-400. DAMN. That would be sweet on an SBR... which I really want to build. I'm putting my 16" AR15 for sale next week I think to fun the SBR/trust/tax stamp.
Just a thought; Form 1's are coming back from the ATF faster than Form 4's. Form 1's are where you alter your own/build your own when it comes to rifle or handgun. Example; building your own suppressor, or what I would suggest for you... cutting your barrel down. You could cut it down to a 10.5" and move the gas block. Nearly all 'smiths can do that. But I've seen Form 1's back in 4-7 weeks lately.

dds115

Free Roverto!!!
Aug 11, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
www.hirecoachgundyscoaches.com
Just a thought; Form 1's are coming back from the ATF faster than Form 4's. Form 1's are where you alter your own/build your own when it comes to rifle or handgun. Example; building your own suppressor, or what I would suggest for you... cutting your barrel down. You could cut it down to a 10.5" and move the gas block. Nearly all 'smiths can do that. But I've seen Form 1's back in 4-7 weeks lately.
If I'm getting a SBR, I would like it in 300 BLK so I can eventually get a suppressor. I have read Form 1s are coming back in less than a month with eFile.

PokealypseNow

You Can Dere-Lick My Footballs, Cap-E-Tan
Oct 15, 2008
New to KCMO
WillPhillips.org
So cool.

I'm in love with the CCS stock. Just can't find it (sold out and a huge backorder) and then of course, it only costs as much as the AR itself! :)

Makes a SBR even smaller. I wonder what the BCG/buffer tube combo would be like shooting How much recoil it would have.

Holy sweet Jesus, Odin, and Allah. Is that a functional stock with some fancy buffer super-strength spring in there?

Can you imagine an SBR'ed super-portable hunting rig in 6.8 SPC or - even better - .458 SOCOM with that?

Actually I take that 458 bit back. Recoil would likely destroy that stock. But... damnit! That would have been amazing!

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Fairfield, CT
Get some oil to loosen it a bit. They are a PITA to rotate, if I remember. I got handpiece oil from the dental office and it loosened it. Not sure if you want to use WD40, heard it can damage the finish but I'm not 100%. Might try rim-oil first.
Still having problems with mine. Magpul is replacing. So far their customer service has been very responsive.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Fairfield, CT
Still having problems with mine. Magpul is replacing. So far their customer service has been very responsive.
It took almost two months to get a replacement, but they finally came through. The new one works much better.
They said they were in the process of setting up in Wyoming so shipments were delayed. I'm not sure if that really explains a two month delay... but I am happy now.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Fairfield, CT
It took almost two months to get a replacement, but they finally came through. The new one works much better.
They said they were in the process of setting up in Wyoming so shipments were delayed. I'm not sure if that really explains a two month delay... but I am happy now.
I'm going to quote myself. Yeah. I did it.
Now I am trying to ship back the defective one. The mailing label says it has to be mailed by the 6th of March (today is the 7th). I received said mailing label on March 3rd. So they take almost 2 months to get me a warranty covered RMA'ed unit to me, and they expect me to turn around and get it back in the mail in 3 days. Wut?

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Fairfield, CT
I'm going to quote myself. Yeah. I did it.
Now I am trying to ship back the defective one. The mailing label says it has to be mailed by the 6th of March (today is the 7th). I received said mailing label on March 3rd. So they take almost 2 months to get me a warranty covered RMA'ed unit to me, and they expect me to turn around and get it back in the mail in 3 days. Wut?
I'm guessing they don't want me to ship this thing back. Totally unresponsive on the mailing label. I'm not complaining, but I want to be honest and get the old one back to them with no added cost to myself since it was a warranty replacement. Well I guess I am technically complaining.