Rickie

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
I was so excited to watch Rickie Fowler today. He’s my favorite golfer and when he’s on, his game is second to none and a beautiful thing to watch. The things he can do with a golf ball are nothing short of amazing.

He doesn’t need a swing coach, he needs a “head” coach. When he went to 12 under today and tied for the lead I thought “OK, this is going to be the Sunday that he finally does it and shows some killer instinct”! But as is nearly always the case, he stops playing the way he’s played the three previous days and begins to fade on Sundays. He shot three rounds in the 60s and seems headed for a final round in the 70s.

He needs to hire somebody that will get inside his head and help him to develop some confidence and killer instinct on the final day of tournaments. He has just too huge of a history of not playing on Sunday the way he played the previous three days. If he can correct it he could dominate!

Coach H

Wrangler
May 27, 2016
Duncan, ok
I am also a big Fowler fan. It is very frustrating to continue to watch him struggle on Sundays when he is in contention. Today is a combination of pressure and being in the middle of a swing change. Pressure causes you to revert back to old habits. Right now his mind and body are grinding gears. Old vs new

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
I am also a big Fowler fan. It is very frustrating to continue to watch him struggle on Sundays when he is in contention. Today is a combination of pressure and being in the middle of a swing change. Pressure causes you to revert back to old habits. Right now his mind and body are grinding gears. Old vs new
He still has eight holes in plenty of time to do something special. He’s got to get his head right. He needs to hang around and play with Matthew Wolfe for a little while and remember what it’s like to go just for it!

Feb 25, 2018
North Texas
It appears as though he may have forgotten how to win. I agree it’s not a swing thing but more so a head thing. I’m always hopeful and if he could figure out how to win another it may be off to the races again for him.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
I was so excited to watch Rickie Fowler today. He’s my favorite golfer and when he’s on, his game is second to none and a beautiful thing to watch. The things he can do with a golf ball are nothing short of amazing.

He doesn’t need a swing coach, he needs a “head” coach. When he went to 12 under today and tied for the lead I thought “OK, this is going to be the Sunday that he finally does it and shows some killer instinct”! But as is nearly always the case, he stops playing the way he’s played the three previous days and begins to fade on Sundays. He shot three rounds in the 60s and seems headed for a final round in the 70s.

He needs to hire somebody that will get inside his head and help him to develop some confidence and killer instinct on the final day of tournaments. He has just too huge of a history of not playing on Sunday the way he played the previous three days. If he can correct it he could dominate!
So you’re saying 3/4 of the way it’s pedal to the metal and the last 1/4 he’s on cruise control?
Where could he possibly learn this from his time at OSU?

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
So you’re saying 3/4 of the way it’s pedal to the metal and the last 1/4 he’s on cruise control?
Where could he possibly learn this from his time at OSU?
Not even cruise control, more like choking. The confidence displayed in the first three rounds is gone and he plays tentatively. Even when he goes for it on Sundays, it's almost like he's expecting it to fall apart. I guess you could compare it to Gundy's head when we play OU and you wouldn't be wrong......

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Not even cruise control, more like choking. The confidence displayed in the first three rounds is gone and he plays tentatively. Even when he goes for it on Sundays, it's almost like he's expecting it to fall apart. I guess you could compare it to Gundy's head when we play OU and you wouldn't be wrong......
Yup. Sounds bout right.