Returning Baseball Players

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
It will be interesting to see how the draft plays out this week, but there are plenty of talented players coming back regardless.

Heasley showed his tremendous potential yesterday and will be a junior next year. Recall that Thomas Hatch had a huge junior year after a slow start (yes I know about the arm injury) to his career. Lienhard has thrown a lot of big innings in his career but should be able to fill a very different role as a senior if we are able to get back some of these arms from injury. Varela, Battenfield, Leeper, and Basso all showed good potential this year. Obviously, getting Jensen Elliot back would be huge, and it sounds promising thus far. If Parker Scott and Mitchell Stone can return from injury as expected we could have a very talented weekend rotation with plenty of quality/experienced arms for relief and midweek games. Keep an eye on Brett Standlee; losing him this year was certainly a big blow. People qualified to comment on the situation think he could be really good.

Trevor Boone and Michael Neustifter are quickly becoming very dangerous hitters while making big plays in the field. Both made tremendous progress in the last year and should be even better next year. Jake Taylor had a great season before his injuries, but he showed a tremendous bat already in his young career. I'll be curious to see what the coaches do with Cody Milligan and Noah Sifrit, but the both showed some ability this past season. Cade Cabiness had a tough year, but remember he was very good as a freshman and started to regain his form the last month or so. McCusker is still learning a lot, but there is reason to believe he could take a big step forward next year while still providing a power bat in the lineup. Ryan Cash is similar to Cabiness; really nice freshman campaign but seemed to struggle some at the plate as others stepped up. He is such a gamer that I really hope he takes over as the leader of the infield next year. Daniel DeSimone had a great year for a kid that PH a lot this season as a freshman. He showed the ability to go the other way and has a little pop in his bat. I thought Funk settled in nicely late in the season, but it looks like DeSimone will be able to compete for that job in the near future. I'm also really excited to see Tanner Sparks and Tanner Griffin finally play, as both had excellent HS careers.

Matt_bob123

SBC presents Mattbob
Oct 16, 2003
It will be interesting to see how the draft plays out this week, but there are plenty of talented players coming back regardless.

Heasley showed his tremendous potential yesterday and will be a junior next year. Recall that Thomas Hatch had a huge junior year after a slow start (yes I know about the arm injury) to his career. Lienhard has thrown a lot of big innings in his career but should be able to fill a very different role as a senior if we are able to get back some of these arms from injury. Varela, Battenfield, Leeper, and Basso all showed good potential this year. Obviously, getting Jensen Elliot back would be huge, and it sounds promising thus far. If Parker Scott and Mitchell Stone can return from injury as expected we could have a very talented weekend rotation with plenty of quality/experienced arms for relief and midweek games. Keep an eye on Brett Standlee; losing him this year was certainly a big blow. People qualified to comment on the situation think he could be really good.

Trevor Boone and Michael Neustifter are quickly becoming very dangerous hitters while making big plays in the field. Both made tremendous progress in the last year and should be even better next year. Jake Taylor had a great season before his injuries, but he showed a tremendous bat already in his young career. I'll be curious to see what the coaches do with Cody Milligan and Noah Sifrit, but the both showed some ability this past season. Cade Cabiness had a tough year, but remember he was very good as a freshman and started to regain his form the last month or so. McCusker is still learning a lot, but there is reason to believe he could take a big step forward next year while still providing a power bat in the lineup. Ryan Cash is similar to Cabiness; really nice freshman campaign but seemed to struggle some at the plate as others stepped up. He is such a gamer that I really hope he takes over as the leader of the infield next year. Daniel DeSimone had a great year for a kid that PH a lot this season as a freshman. He showed the ability to go the other way and has a little pop in his bat. I thought Funk settled in nicely late in the season, but it looks like DeSimone will be able to compete for that job in the near future. I'm also really excited to see Tanner Sparks and Tanner Griffin finally play, as both had excellent HS careers.
Heasley is a draft eligible sophomore. Tho I expect he’ll be back.

Tank just committed to the Cape to play for TH so there’s a chance he’s back.

I’m assuming Kroon is gone, but I could see Teel being 50/50 on wanting to make one more run at Omaha.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Heasley is a draft eligible sophomore. Tho I expect he’ll be back.

Tank just committed to the Cape to play for TH so there’s a chance he’s back.

I’m assuming Kroon is gone, but I could see Teel being 50/50 on wanting to make one more run at Omaha.
Good to hear about Tank! That would be huge if he came back. And good call on Heasley, @Takeout Slide set me straight on that.

I would also assume Kroon is gone, but I really don't know anything. Given that his dad was a pro I'm sure he is well aware of the reasons to turn pro this year.

Teel is an interesting one. Given that he is from Stillwater, I could see him coming back, especially if Tank comes back and he thinks the team has a shot to make a deep run. It would be great to have him and Jensen as the veteran leaders of that talented rotation next year.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
So it looks like Kroon is likely to sign but Simpson should be staying. Morrill went in the 36th round so I would imagine we get him to campus. It will be interesting to see what Teel and Heasley decide.