Research undermines medical marijuana claims

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
I don't think using any medication is immoral. It may be stupid if there is inadequate literature support, and I believe that for most uses the literature support for MMJ is inadequate. No one owes their life to it, that is a nonsensical statement. I don't even think that using a pharmacological substance recreationally is necessarily immoral. Even the Bible allows that drinking wine in and of itself is not a sin, and medicinal use of alcohol certainly isn't a sin. However, the Bible says a LOT about drunkeness, and I believe it. That would also include intoxication from other pharmacological substances including MJ. From a personal standpoint, I do not see what good comes from it. From a professional standpoint I've seen a lot of harm.

But you're an expert on what I think. Put. The bong. Down.
Try making your point to the people who owe their survival of cancer to marijuana. This is because nothing worked to get them to eat until they tried marijuana. Don't say they should have tried Marinol, because they did try but couldn't keep it down. I'll trust such people as the real experts over whether marijuana saved their lives. When it comes to medical marijuana, it's quite ugly obvious you have no compassion for the sick.

Last edited:

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
No wonder. This is because aspirin isn't a Schedule 1 drug. Lots more research in the U. S. would be done on marijuana to verify its medical good if it wasn't Schedule 1. So other countries, like UK and Israel are leading the research, including clinical trials. As a matter of fact, marijuana will have to be changed down to at least Schedule 2, if any marijuana based drugs from those countries can be prescribed in the U. S.

Some doctors don't even advise the use of aspirin.
The database I searched was world wide and included foreign language articles. So, more bullspit.
Townie is about to have to go find more talking points.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Huh, Townie, Mister "Keep the poor away from my porch"? What have you actually done to show compassion to the sick or the poor? If you're going to cast those stones you'd damn well better not be living in a glass house.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Huh, Townie, Mister "Keep the poor away from my porch"? What have you actually done to show compassion to the sick or the poor? If you're going to cast those stones you'd damn well better not be living in a glass house.
If I were in Stillwater right now he would have to go find a place to hide.
Now look, I continue to stand by every word I said about you, which was when it comes to medical marijuana, it's quite ugly obvious you have no compassion for the sick. Now did I say you don't have compassion for the sick period. Hell, no. There are a number of other ways to show compassion for the sick and I commend you for doing it.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
because we don't yet live in a communist dictatorship - but with folks like you around, it won't be long.
You're so pitifully wrong. I stand for personal liberty as long as people are not hurt against their wills in the personal pursuit of individual liberty. But you have people on both the right and left who strongly disagree and feel we should live under a nanny state in a number of ways

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
So easy to answer. The federal government bans marijuana as a dangerous Schedule 1 drug, and then turns around every month to send out a tin can full of joints to each of several special people who are eligible for it.
And then says mj can't be studies because it's schedule I. I see where you're going.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
You're so pitifully wrong. I stand for personal liberty as long as people are not hurt against their wills in the personal pursuit of individual liberty. But you have people on both the right and left who strongly disagree and feel we should live under a nanny state in a number of ways
I am so pitifully wrong? So you are saying that we DO live in a communist dictatorship now?

Please explain that one to me too.

May 22, 2005
Behind Enemy Lines
Marijuana users feel MORE pain:...cannabis lowers pain tolerance...users need more painkillers

The drug, which is legal for medical use in the majority of US states, is mainly prescribed to ease pain. But this new research conducted in Colorado - which was the first state to legalize - suggests that short-term pain relief could weaken the body's resilience to pain over time. The researchers, from the Swedish Medical Center, Colorado, analyzed around 260 people who were involved in minor vehicle accidents and admitted to trauma centers. Of these, 54 tested positive for recent marijuana use while 16 claimed they used the drug more or less every day.

(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...