Republican Party in an Oklahoma county makes clear its opposition to public education

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
No they did not, it was allowing a Maintenance fund to pay teacher salaries. You can't increase building fund taxes
You are all out WRONG. For easy proof of why you are wrong just simply try reading how SQ801 was worded. Not one single word about teacher pay. It goes:

"This measure amends Section 10 of Article 10 of the Oklahoma Constitution. It expands the uses permitted for certain ad valorem taxes levied by a school district. Currently, tax revenue is placed in a building fund. The fund is changed to allow use for operations. The operations would be those deemed necessary by a school district." Once again, not one word about teacher pay. So please STOP trying to create misinformation.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
You are all out WRONG. For easy proof of why you are wrong just simply try reading how SQ801 was worded. Not one single word about teacher pay. It goes:

"This measure amends Section 10 of Article 10 of the Oklahoma Constitution. It expands the uses permitted for certain ad valorem taxes levied by a school district. Currently, tax revenue is placed in a building fund. The fund is changed to allow use for operations. The operations would be those deemed necessary by a school district." Once again, not one word about teacher pay. So please STOP trying to create misinformation.
What do you think OPERATIONS are? They include teacher salaries, administrative salaries, instructional supplies, administrative supplies, transportation, transportation supplies and instructional support salaries and services. Operations are basically anything that is not capitol purchases (that means buildings) or maintenance of capitol purchases. No misinformation on my part. I would suggest you look into what you are voting for more carefully in the future.

Last edited:

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
What do you think OPERATIONS are? They include teacher salaries, administrative salaries, instructional supplies, administrative supplies, transportation, transportation supplies and instructional support salaries and services. Operations are basically anything that is not capitol purchases (that means buildings) or maintenance of capitol purchases. No misinformation on my part. I would suggest you look into what you are voting for more carefully in the future.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
About 40%. My neighborhood is about 12 years old. Also out west.
Thanks...we were talking about moving, the wife wants further west and I want closer in so for the time being we have decided to stay put, this will be information to consider when it comes to decision making.

Jul 20, 2018
Thanks...we were talking about moving, the wife wants further west and I want closer in so for the time being we have decided to stay put, this will be information to consider when it comes to decision making.
Property tax rates vary widely across the Houston area. You can still find good rates out west if you go to more established/older areas.

Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
But you started out wanting to limit operations to teacher pay hikes. I read and saw nothing in SQ801 limiting it that way.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
But you started out wanting to limit operations to teacher pay hikes. I read and saw nothing in SQ801 limiting it that way.
I didn't limit anything, I plainly stated it would take revenue intended for maintenance and let it be used for teacher salaries. You jumped and told me I am wrong. Seventy five percent of most district operations budgets are spent on salary and burdens. That huked on fonics course isn't helping you, is it?