Reporter Arrested on orders of Giuliani Press Secretary

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Slugger926

Federal Marshal
Oct 19, 2004
Neither did the guy that got taken away.
As far as that goes, Giuliani's Press Secretary was just as guilty by engaging so therefore should have been arrested too. He could have kept walking and ignored the question. His attitude shown now makes me warry fo the Giuliani group. I would have supported him before the debates.:cool:

Slugger926

Federal Marshal
Oct 19, 2004
Think about it, all Giuliani had to say in response to 9/11 accusations was, "No, that's absurd." And most everyone would agree.

Instead he says, "Arrest this man."

Wow. That speaks volumes.:D

OSU Sig

Federal Marshal
Jan 28, 2005
Edmond
Does anyone know all the facts in this case or are we all basing statements on what we've heard from other posters and one (?) article?

kaje

Let's Go Heat!
Nov 19, 2005
Stillwater, OK
www.maczealot.net
Does anyone know all the facts in this case or are we all basing statements on what we've heard from other posters and one (?) article?
Sig, I doubt you have all of the facts on everything you have an opinion on.

What facts are you wanting? What do you consider fact? Do you consider a CNN reporter calling and interviewing the people that were there and quoting them on it in an actual CNN article as fact? Do you require a voice recording of the officer threatening to charge espionage for it to be fact?

No one knows all of the facts except the people involved. The article was written by some of the people involved. You either believe them or you don't.

McalPoke

Territorial Marshal
Nov 12, 2006
McAlester, OK
Think about it, all Giuliani had to say in response to 9/11 accusations was, "No, that's absurd." And most everyone would agree.

Instead he says, "Arrest this man."

Wow. That speaks volumes.:D
Well, Giuliani didn't say anything, he wasn't involved in the incident.

The press secretary repeatedly asked the guy to see his press credentials. IMO if he had shown his credentials he would have gotten some sort of answer to his question.

The assumption was made that since he wouldn't show his credentials, then he didn't have any credentials. I probably would have made the same assumption, but then, what do I know.

kaje

Let's Go Heat!
Nov 19, 2005
Stillwater, OK
www.maczealot.net
You see a lanyard around the reporters neck that was asking the questions. I imagine that was the press pass. Not sure what the press secretary wanted when he said to show him his "documentation."

Apr 7, 2005
How many of you guys were at the scene where this took place? Nobody ok thank you. Iunderstand you guys hate Guiliani, but don't believe everything you hear or see especially

Aaron C.

AKA Shortbus
Jul 20, 2005
Edmond, OK
www.ultimatenurse.com
Better not drive a car, fly in a plane, walk down the street b/c something could happen. I don't break the law so I am not worried about being taken anywhere.
Yeah, I can say the same thing, and so could that reporter.

But the point is, IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU ARE COMMITTING A CRIME.

You are being so obtuse that you can't see the principle of the matter.

BEFORE the Military Commissions act IT DIDN'T MATTER what you did. You would get a fair trial, an attorney, etc.

NOW it's possible that you won't.

THAT right there, should be enough to make you think, but you won't open your mind to it. All you will say is "well I don't break the law"...

Think about it with more of an open mind.

What if the government sees you as a threat, EVEN THOUGH YOU AREN'T BREAKING THE LAW. Maybe you are an outspoken internet blogger in 2010 or anything like that.

All they have to do is CLAIM...CLAIM that you are conspiring against the government and YOU ARE GONE.

SEE YA.

No day in court.

No lawyer.

No phone call.

NO CHANCE TO PROVE YOUR INNOCENCE!

But you aren't an enemy combatant you say! You did nothing wrong! Sorry, tell it to your cell mate in nowhere prison.

Before, our government never had this ability.

CITIZENS NEVER HAD TO TRUST THE GOVERNMENT. WE NEVER HAD TO RELY ON FAITH IN THEM.

Now we do.

The failsafe has been taken away.

But hey, you're okay with it because you aren't a law breaker...

Who cares that they've dismantled a cornerstone of our constitution! It doesn't affect you...right?

Aaron C.

AKA Shortbus
Jul 20, 2005
Edmond, OK
www.ultimatenurse.com
no idea about any of the facts.

I only posted because it was a good chance for me to remind of the Military Commissions Act which is in my mind a violation of the U.S. Constitution.

How many of you guys were at the scene where this took place? Nobody ok thank you. Iunderstand you guys hate Guiliani, but don't believe everything you hear or see especially
I don't hate Guliani. My post had nothing to do with him.

Apr 7, 2005
I have an open mind, I just don't see America as negative as most of you seem to think it is. To even compare the U.S. with the nazi's is just assinine, and it seems alot of you think you know stuff when you really are just making assumptions. I have my opinion and you have yours and just b/c I don't think that America is just a big prison doesn't mean I'm small-minded or anything.

Pokefan

Territorial Marshal
Aug 3, 2004
Between Pryor and Adair on Beautiful Lake Hudson
Better not drive a car, fly in a plane, walk down the street b/c something could happen. I don't break the law so I am not worried about being taken anywhere.
Thats what everyone else said in Nazi Germany when the took the Jews gypsy's Catholics etc... It won't happen to me....

Not saying This administration is Nazi Germany. Just pointing out that self same attitude got about 6 million people killed.

Apr 7, 2005
Thats what everyone else said in Nazi Germany when the took the Jews gypsy's Catholics etc... It won't happen to me....

Not saying This administration is Nazi Germany. Just pointing out that self same attitude got about 6 million people killed.
This goes to show that even people with some sense say dumb things, anybody else want to compare our gov't to the nazi's