Report: Omarosa has several secretly recorded conversations with Trump during her time serving in the WH

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 7, 2008
Bombshell if true...

https://twitter.com/RVAwonk/status/1029434211319640067
So far her strategy has been: make accusation against Trump team, wait for Trump team to deny accusation, release tape confirming her story. It's the same thing the NYT and Wapo did months ago when they were breaking stories day after day. Their one mistake: they think Trump supporters care that we have a pathological liar in the WH.

State

Russian Bot
A/V Subscriber
Mar 15, 2007
TX
So far her strategy has been: make accusation against Trump team, wait for Trump team to deny accusation, release tape confirming her story. It's the same thing the NYT and Wapo did months ago when they were breaking stories day after day. Their one mistake: they think Trump supporters care that we have a pathological liar in the WH.
Maybe I haven't followed closely enough, what has she released that contradicts what the WH has said? The only two I've heard is John Kelly firing her because she's unethical- while she's secretly recording him in the WH situation room. Seems like Kelly was correct there. And Trump saying he didn't know she would be fired.

I Googled for updates and found this regarding the 'N-word' tape.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqkgkb
My name is Lynne Patton and I am a senior official in the Trump Administration.

White House leadership, both past and present, can confirm that I was the closest confidante & friend to Ms. Manigault-Newman during her tenure at the White House, Transition and Campaign - texting and speaking multiple times per day.

To that end, Omarosa attempted to contact me just two days ago, but I refused to accept her call.

Like Ms. Manigault-Newman, I have also known and worked for both the President and his family for over a decade and am confident that they would collectively confirm that I know them far better than she.

To be clear, at no time did I participate in a conference call with Katrina Pierson advising me, Jason Miller and Omarosa Manigault-Newman that Frank Luntz had heard President Donald J. Trump use a derogatory racial term - a claim that Luntz himself has also denied.

What I can confirm is the following:

On December 12, 2017, at approximately 11:30PM (EST) – a date I now know to be the evening Omarosa was relieved of her official duties by General Kelly - I received a telephone call from her informing me that she had personally heard a second-hand recording of President Trump using the “N-word” in a derogatory fashion.

She proceeded to tell me the full name of the individual who played this second-hand tape for her, from whom the primary audio tape had originated, as well as the specific context of the President’s usage of this term and to whom the derogatory term was allegedly directed.

Omarosa also proceeded to inform me that she had officially submitted her resignation to General Kelly and that I should promptly do the same before the audio surfaced.

The next morning, I immediately notified senior communications officials and a Trump family member of the same, only to discover the true nature of her departure was termination.

Today, the individual who Omarosa confirmed to me as having played the second-hand audio recording to her last year confirmed that they have no tape, never had possession of a tape, never claimed to have possession of a tape and never played such a tape for Ms. Manigault-Newman.

Tonight, on the MSNBC program, Hardball, Omarosa revealed to the general public what she had told me last December: That former Apprentice producer, Bill Pruitt, was the original source of the “N-word” tape.

Bill Pruitt is a mutual friend.

I just spoke to Bill Pruitt tonight before releasing this statement.

He confirmed to me (before Hardball had even gone off the air) that he does NOT have an audio tape of President Trump using the “N-word” and has NEVER had an audio tape of President Trump using the “N-word.” Period.

Suffice it to say that the past few weeks have been wrought with disappointment, immense sadness, anger and outright disgust.

Based upon her conflicting accounts and the newfound information revealed in my statement, it should be abundantly clear to everyone that not only is her book a complete work of fiction, but that the existence of this elusive “N-word” tape is a figment of her imagination and merely a destructive tool of manipulation applied only when it best serves her interests.

Like countless other minorities and women, the President has given me the opportunity of a lifetime to rise up through the ranks of The Trump Organization and now proudly serve this country.

Therefore, unless directed otherwise, this will be my only statement on this baseless accusation and imaginary audio tape, as falsely claimed by a former friend.

My primary and sole focus remains the low-income and public housing residents of New York & New Jersey, as the President would expect it to be — and as the President has hired me to do.

Thank you. #MAGA

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
This White House is such a clown show. Every day that passes is more embarrassing than the day before. Please, can we simply have one normal f'ing week?!
The media are the ones willing to give these clowns the air time. I'm not defending Trump's contribution to it, his twitter account is often a clown show all on it's own, but to blame this specific instance on anybody but Omarosa and the media is silly.

Oct 7, 2008
Maybe I haven't followed closely enough, what has she released that contradicts what the WH has said? The only two I've heard is John Kelly firing her because she's unethical- while she's secretly recording him in the WH situation room. Seems like Kelly was correct there. And Trump saying he didn't know she would be fired.

I Googled for updates and found this regarding the 'N-word' tape.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqkgkb
My name is Lynne Patton and I am a senior official in the Trump Administration.

White House leadership, both past and present, can confirm that I was the closest confidante & friend to Ms. Manigault-Newman during her tenure at the White House, Transition and Campaign - texting and speaking multiple times per day.

To that end, Omarosa attempted to contact me just two days ago, but I refused to accept her call.

Like Ms. Manigault-Newman, I have also known and worked for both the President and his family for over a decade and am confident that they would collectively confirm that I know them far better than she.

To be clear, at no time did I participate in a conference call with Katrina Pierson advising me, Jason Miller and Omarosa Manigault-Newman that Frank Luntz had heard President Donald J. Trump use a derogatory racial term - a claim that Luntz himself has also denied.

What I can confirm is the following:

On December 12, 2017, at approximately 11:30PM (EST) – a date I now know to be the evening Omarosa was relieved of her official duties by General Kelly - I received a telephone call from her informing me that she had personally heard a second-hand recording of President Trump using the “N-word” in a derogatory fashion.

She proceeded to tell me the full name of the individual who played this second-hand tape for her, from whom the primary audio tape had originated, as well as the specific context of the President’s usage of this term and to whom the derogatory term was allegedly directed.

Omarosa also proceeded to inform me that she had officially submitted her resignation to General Kelly and that I should promptly do the same before the audio surfaced.

The next morning, I immediately notified senior communications officials and a Trump family member of the same, only to discover the true nature of her departure was termination.

Today, the individual who Omarosa confirmed to me as having played the second-hand audio recording to her last year confirmed that they have no tape, never had possession of a tape, never claimed to have possession of a tape and never played such a tape for Ms. Manigault-Newman.

Tonight, on the MSNBC program, Hardball, Omarosa revealed to the general public what she had told me last December: That former Apprentice producer, Bill Pruitt, was the original source of the “N-word” tape.

Bill Pruitt is a mutual friend.

I just spoke to Bill Pruitt tonight before releasing this statement.

He confirmed to me (before Hardball had even gone off the air) that he does NOT have an audio tape of President Trump using the “N-word” and has NEVER had an audio tape of President Trump using the “N-word.” Period.

Suffice it to say that the past few weeks have been wrought with disappointment, immense sadness, anger and outright disgust.

Based upon her conflicting accounts and the newfound information revealed in my statement, it should be abundantly clear to everyone that not only is her book a complete work of fiction, but that the existence of this elusive “N-word” tape is a figment of her imagination and merely a destructive tool of manipulation applied only when it best serves her interests.

Like countless other minorities and women, the President has given me the opportunity of a lifetime to rise up through the ranks of The Trump Organization and now proudly serve this country.

Therefore, unless directed otherwise, this will be my only statement on this baseless accusation and imaginary audio tape, as falsely claimed by a former friend.

My primary and sole focus remains the low-income and public housing residents of New York & New Jersey, as the President would expect it to be — and as the President has hired me to do.

Thank you. #MAGA
Yes, and then today Omarosa released a tape with Patton on it, discussing Trump using the word. Transcript below.

"I'm trying to find out at least what context it was used in, to help us maybe try to figure out a way to spin it," a woman, identified as Pierson by Manigault Newman, said on the tape.

"I said, 'Well, sir, can you think of any time this might have happened?' and he said 'No,'" Patton said, according to the tape, to which Manigault Newman replied, "Well, that's not true."

"He goes, 'How do you think I should handle it?' and I told him exactly what you just said, Omarosa," Patton continued, "which is 'Well, it depends on what scenario you're talking about.' And he said, 'Well, why don't you just go ahead and put it to bed.'"

"He said it," Pierson interjected. "No, he said it. He's embarassed."

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/14/omarosa-tape-n-word-katrina-pierson-lynne-patton-776501

Rixaroo

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
OKC
www.weekendwatchguide.com
The media are the ones willing to give these clowns the air time. I'm not defending Trump's contribution to it, his twitter account is often a clown show all on it's own, but to blame this specific instance on anybody but Omarosa and the media is silly.
I was more or less stating the WH is a s--- show every day. But on topic, Trump hired her! He's responsible for bringing her in.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I was more or less stating the WH is a s--- show every day. But on topic, Trump hired her! He's responsible for bringing her in.
And if the media was as interested in s--- like this with previous presidents then you'd have the same s--- show from previous employers of previous presidents. It doesn't matter if Trump hired her or not, it's still the media willing to put the s--- show on the air. As I said before, Trump certainly shares in the blame but excusing the media from sharing in the blame is just as short sighted as excusing Trump from it.

State

Russian Bot
A/V Subscriber
Mar 15, 2007
TX
Yes, and then today Omarosa released a tape with Patton on it, discussing Trump using the word. Transcript below.

"I'm trying to find out at least what context it was used in, to help us maybe try to figure out a way to spin it," a woman, identified as Pierson by Manigault Newman, said on the tape.

"I said, 'Well, sir, can you think of any time this might have happened?' and he said 'No,'" Patton said, according to the tape, to which Manigault Newman replied, "Well, that's not true."

"He goes, 'How do you think I should handle it?' and I told him exactly what you just said, Omarosa," Patton continued, "which is 'Well, it depends on what scenario you're talking about.' And he said, 'Well, why don't you just go ahead and put it to bed.'"

"He said it," Pierson interjected. "No, he said it. He's embarassed."

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/14/omarosa-tape-n-word-katrina-pierson-lynne-patton-776501
What I posted above is in response to that. So there was a rumor of this tape existing during the campaign, Trump was asked about it and denied it to his staff. The conversation she released is of the aftermath of that, with staffers discussing what to do if such a tape comes out. No one on the staff has ever heard the tape themselves and the people who supposedly possessed or heard the tape deny it.

Oct 7, 2008
What I posted above is in response to that. So there was a rumor of this tape existing during the campaign, Trump was asked about it and denied it to his staff. The conversation she released is of the aftermath of that, with staffers discussing what to do if such a tape comes out. No one on the staff has ever heard the tape themselves and the people who supposedly possessed or heard the tape deny it.
See the linked video, should clear things up.
https://twitter.com/CBSThisMorning/status/1029325205833965568

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
On the highway to heck
Don't know if any of this is true but I'd wager 90% of white people and 100% of black people have used the "N" word. I doubt that makes either group inherently racist. The term is archaic in today's society and is one of many racial slurs for multiple races that have come and gone. It's just that this particular one fits a political narrative. The Japanese, Vietnamese, Chinese, and Mexicans have all had their turn in the barrel and no one ever died from being called whatever the nome du jour in its time was.

Last edited:

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Not an excuse, but intent and remorse are VERY important....how many of the posters on this thread actually believe that we have ever, in the history of the country, had a President who NEVER used that word at least once in their lives, even Obama I'm sure likely did. Context is everything and now we are crucifying people for speech, regret or not, there is no forgiveness for certain modern Holy Cows in our society. This is not an excuse for Trump as he makes his own problems with his huge pie hole.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I haven't been following this thread terribly closely, so this may have already been posted, but if it hasn't:

FLASHBACK: That Time Omarosa Was Fired from the Clinton White House
News Commentary
By Thomas | Featured Commentator | August 13, 2018 11:04AM

Omarosa Manigault Newman is no stranger to failing in The White House. She became well known by television viewers of NBC’s hit show “The Apprentice” with Donald Trump.

Now, after being let go for personal issues, she’s using that closeness to President Trump to make millions by calling her former boss a racist and a liar. She made the situation worse by illegally recording herself insecure parts of the White House. (RELATED: Omarosa Could be in Legal Trouble Over Secret White House Recordings).

But this isn’t Omarosa’s first series of White House problems. She worked in the Clinton Administration under Vice President Al Gore. As Al Gore’s former office administrator Mary Margaret Overbey said at the time, Omarosa “was the worst hire (the Office of the Vice President) ever made.”

People magazine reported in 2004, she was “banished from four jobs in two years with the Clinton administration.” The White House personnel office transferred her to the Commerce Department briefly. At her last short-lived administration role, Cheryl Shavers, the former Under Secretary for Technology at the Clinton Commerce Department, opined, “She was asked to leave as quickly as possible, she was so disruptive. One woman wanted to slug her.” Omarosa only lasted in that final role for several weeks.

Another Clinton administration official reported she was fired “because she couldn’t get along with people.” Another former Gore staffer noted, “she didn’t do her job, and it got everyone in trouble.”

She has been busted for exaggerating her roles in the Clinton administration, too. As Omarosa told an audience in Washington, D.C. on March 19, 2004, at a panel discussion on “Wearing the Pants: A Woman’s Experience in a Man’s World”:

“I have done logistics and advance and event planning for the White House under the Gore staff. … At 23, I got appointed to the White House. That was not a place to learn how to be a young professional. That’s a very difficult environment, because they don’t believe in training. They just kind of throw you in the fire.”​

The problem? Anonymous Gore staffers confirmed Omarosa never was involved in advance work or logistics. Her job was “to respond to invitations.”

When asked about her employment history, Omarosa falsely claimed the shifting was due to her marriage to Aaron Stallworth. They have since divorced, and Omarosa married John Newman in 2017.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
And from People:

Omarosa's Long History of Being Fired
PEOPLE STAFF April 08, 2004 01:00 PM

Donald Trump wasn’t the first person to fire Omarosa Manigault-Stallworth, the combative “Apprentice” contestant who makes a heralded return to the NBC reality show on Thursday, the next-to-last episode of the ratings hit.

According to the new issue of PEOPLE, the former political appointee — who spoke glowingly of her White House days — was banished from four jobs in two years with the Clinton administration.

At her last one, “she was asked to leave as quickly as possible, she was so disruptive,” says Cheryl Shavers, the former Under Secretary for Technology at the Commerce Department, where Omarosa worked several weeks in 2000. “One woman wanted to slug her.”

Manigault-Stallworth, 30, was also bounced from a previous position at Commerce, says another former administration official, “because she couldn’t get along with people.”

At her first White House gig, answering invitations received by Vice President Al Gore, “she didn’t do her job, and it got everybody in trouble,” says a former Gore staffer.

During the Q&A with the audience at a March 19 Washington, D.C., panel discussion on “Wearing the Pants: A Woman’s Experience in a Man’s World,” PEOPLE asked Manigault-Stallworth about the challenges she’s faced as a woman in her own career.

“I have done logistics and advance and event planning for the White House under the Gore staff. … At 23, I got appointed to the White House. That was not a place to learn how to be a young professional. That’s a very difficult environment, because they don’t believe in training. They just kind of throw you in the fire,” Omarosa told the audience.

But Omarosa did not do any logistics or advance work for the Vice President, the former Gore staffer, who asked to remain anonymous, tells PEOPLE. “Her exact title was scheduling correspondent. Her job was to respond to invitations,” says the former staffer.

Omarosa was transferred to the White House personnel office, which later sent her to Commerce.

When asked about her employment history, the former Apprentice at first told PEOPLE, “I left when I got married,” but later said she left “to go out on the campaign for Al Gore.”

Manigault-Stallworth, who claims she’s inundated with new job offers, said recently, “I’m a moving target. As soon as they think they’ve figured Omarosa out, I’ve already moved on to a whole different industry.”

Jul 20, 2018
In this case it makes little difference to me, I personally labeled him racist when he promoted birtherism seems like eons ago.
Of course you did cause you got nuthin' else to do but label conservatives "racists" when you have nothing else you can prove. Typical moronic liberal.

Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Of course you did cause you got nuthin' else to do but label conservatives "racists" when you have nothing else you can prove. Typical moronic liberal.
It's not all conservatives just Trump imo.
Why won't you accept my bet? You'd just pick up another sock.

Last edited: