Rep. Wilson says people "making fun" of Congress should be "prosecuted".

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 21, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Not hearing anything like this from conservatives
Wow, this took exactly 20 seconds to google.

Trump wrote on Twitter.

“A REAL scandal is the one sided coverage, hour by hour, of networks like NBC & Democrat spin machines like Saturday Night Live. It is all nothing less than unfair news coverage and Dem commercials. Should be tested in courts, can’t be legal? Only defame & belittle! Collusion?”

Trump at Cedar Rapids, Iowa Rally

"If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously, OK? Just knock the hell ... I promise you I will pay for the legal fees. I promise, I promise."

Trump at Las Vegas Rally

"I'd like to punch him in the face, I'll tell you."

Trump at Warren, Michigan Rally

"Try not to hurt him. If you do, I'll defend you in court. Don't worry about it."

BOTH EQUALLY AS DUMB. JUST DUMB.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal

Trump wrote on Twitter.

“A REAL scandal is the one sided coverage, hour by hour, of networks like NBC & Democrat spin machines like Saturday Night Live. It is all nothing less than unfair news coverage and Dem commercials. Should be tested in courts, can’t be legal? Only defame & belittle! Collusion?”

"If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously, OK? Just knock the hell ... I promise you I will pay for the legal fees. I promise, I promise."

Trump at Las Vegas Rally

"Try not to hurt him. If you do, I'll defend you in court. Don't worry about it."

none of those are even close to what she said.. not even in the same galaxy.

she said "people should be prosecuted for making fun of politicians"

you quoted MEDIA COVERAGE (lies and intentional misrepresentations) that probably should be and I believe have been tested in court. and the complaint was NOT about what was said, but that the coverage was ONE SIDED.

SMH...

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor

Trump wrote on Twitter.

Trump at Las Vegas Rally

Pretty hard to believe, or not, that you are ascribing equivalency to these remarks.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
A: Yes, I agree, this rhetoric is dumb.

B: Both sides, including POTUS, has said similar dumb stuff.

Making fun our our elected leaders without prosecution or legal persecution is one of the thing that MAKES AMERICA GREAT.
increasingly the "rhetoric" is getting courser in our country. Even on our site...too many use..."idiot" or worse
to mean that they do not agree with what someone posted.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
disagree

Actually I meant just any normal person who claims that members of Congress are doing a good job.
yeah.... it stuck me funny that the SCOTUS is quite often defending the congress in their usurpation of power from we the people, as in Roberts upholding ObamaCare, which was clearly unconstitutional, and all of the other SCOTUS examples where they keep heaping new powers on the Federal Government, while trying to tell the States that they hold supreme power over them....

I think we need a penalty box of Justices that over step their bounds. (e.g., Roberts is spending a 1 yr demotion to the lower court, and xxxx has been called up, for sheer stupidity in his ACA ruling.)