Rep. Wilson says people "making fun" of Congress should be "prosecuted".

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
"Democrat Rep. Frederica Wilson said people who are “making fun” of members of Congress online should be “prosecuted.”
The Florida congresswoman made the comments on Tuesday outside of the Homestead Temporary Shelter for Unaccompanied Children in her home state.

"Those people who are online making fun of members of Congress are a disgrace, and there is no need for anyone to think that is unacceptable [sic],” Wilson said.

“We're gonna shut them down and work with whoever it is to shut them down, and they should be prosecuted,” she added. “You cannot intimidate members of Congress, frighten members of Congress. It is against the law, and it's a shame in this United States of America.”

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Her ignorance here is remarkable.

"Let's make sure we show up wherever we have to show up. And if you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd. And you push back on them. And you tell them they're not welcome anymore, anywhere." -Maxine Waters

Last edited:

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
Several members of The House racing to be known as the stupidest member of Congress.

It is quite the contest. We had a clear leader, but then shit like this happens, and it’s all a toss up again.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Several members of The House racing to be known as the stupidest member of Congress.

It is quite the contest. We had a clear leader, but then shit like this happens, and it’s all a toss up again.
It reminds me of the old Monty Python Twit races...

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Based on this and the recent antics of Occasional-Cortex there is not a trace of doubt in my mind that if given the opportunity these types would jail, torture, and kill people they see as their political enemies.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
It was cool when the Gap Band did it because it was their stage look. However, that's her everyday look. She totally stole that from them.

1562169401126.png

Last edited:

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
She is a living breathing, real live, not from the circus, clown.

And she’s a long serving Rep, and she’ll be re-elected easily in her district. Think about that for a little bit.

May 21, 2007
Tulsa, OK
"Democrat Rep. Frederica Wilson said people who are “making fun” of members of Congress online should be “prosecuted.”
The Florida congresswoman made the comments on Tuesday outside of the Homestead Temporary Shelter for Unaccompanied Children in her home state.

"Those people who are online making fun of members of Congress are a disgrace, and there is no need for anyone to think that is unacceptable [sic],” Wilson said.

“We're gonna shut them down and work with whoever it is to shut them down, and they should be prosecuted,” she added. “You cannot intimidate members of Congress, frighten members of Congress. It is against the law, and it's a shame in this United States of America.”
A: Yes, I agree, this rhetoric is dumb.

B: Both sides, including POTUS, has said similar dumb stuff.

Making fun our our elected leaders without prosecution or legal persecution is one of the thing that MAKES AMERICA GREAT.

May 21, 2007
Tulsa, OK
She likes to hear herself talk... I haven't really devoted my life to hang on every word she says. She was elected by 110,000 people or about a Texas A&M football game. Aggies are just a weird and they don't deserve the attention that you guys are throwing her way.

Also, I am going to assume that she is not going jail, torture, and kill people given the opportunity.

That kind of serious rhetoric is a little to Cucu for my Coco Puffs.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
She likes to hear herself talk... I haven't really devoted my life to hang on every word she says. She was elected by 110,000 people or about a Texas A&M football game. Aggies are just a weird and they don't deserve the attention that you guys are throwing her way.

Also, I am going to assume that she is not going jail, torture, and kill people given the opportunity.

That kind of serious rhetoric is a little to Cucu for my Coco Puffs.
Her rhetoric is serious, period.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Not hearing anything like this from conservatives:

“You think we’re rallying now? You ain’t seen nothing yet,” Waters said at the event, according to a HuffPost report. “Already you have members of your Cabinet that are being booed out of restaurants ... protesters taking up at their house saying ‘no peace, no sleep.’”

“If you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them and you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere.” - Maxine Waters (D - Shithole)