Recruits on hand to see the big win?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 20, 2005
Does anyone have any news of recruiting visitors for the game Saturday? Except for half our students bailing at half it should have been a good atmosphere.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Does anyone have any news of recruiting visitors for the game Saturday? Except for half our students bailing at half it should have been a good atmosphere.
It was half the stadium, definitely not limited to students... Atmosphere was still awesome though. They were doing everything they could to keep people up and cheering.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Dec 20, 2005
I see. I just know what I noticed On the telecast. I wasnt Able to make it to the game since they started charging for our child under one years old. We had to let our tickets go. On another note I found That kind of weak of our athletic department to do.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
I see. I just know what I noticed On the telecast. I wasnt Able to make it to the game since they started charging for our child under one years old. We had to let our tickets go. On another note I found That kind of weak of our athletic department to do.
“Every person regardless of age must have a ticket to enter the stadium.”
It has been the policy since 1969 at least.

Dec 20, 2005
I think it costs us some fans for sure. I see no value in paying $100 minimum for my one year old to sit in my kangaroo pouch watching a game under 1 year old. I guess I thought that was a new rule but had never cared to know the rule until now. My household is in the position to buy tickets to the game just recently but I wont buy 3 for 2 people to actually get the experience. Some of these facts are the reason why we don’t sell out.

Dec 20, 2005
Doesn’t cost us fans but rather costs us attendence whentbe real markup is the profits made off the consessions sales, shirts, hats, etc. If you take a step back and allow my kid to be with us for that first year you get your $100 from my family back that he didn’t buy the seat for regardless. It’s opportunity cost for our program in my opinion.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
And just because you keep your child n your lap doesn’t mean everyone does. I don’t think it’s a money grab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is at that age. Unless you bring some kind of baby seat to put them in, you pretty much have to hold them the whole time. It's a big reason I don't go to sports events these days. The alternative of 6 hours for a babysitter costs more than a ticket for most games.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2006
I agree with the policy. If you want to bring your child great ... just buy a ticket.

Frankly, I don’t see the enjoyment of bringing a child under 2 years old to the game.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
But it's been the rule since 1969. Your ignorance of the law is NOT an excuse.
I wasn't ignorant of the law, I just think the 'law' is stupid. OSU talks a lot about being a 'family' and this type of policy actively dissuades families from attending the games.

It's a sad state of affairs when FOR PROFIT NFL teams do not require tickets for infants and small children and a publicly funded university does.

https://blog.ticketcity.com/nfl-child-ticket-policy/

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
I wasn't ignorant of the law, I just think the 'law' is stupid. OSU talks a lot about being a 'family' and this type of policy actively dissuades families from attending the games.

It's a sad state of affairs when FOR PROFIT NFL teams do not require tickets for infants and small children and a publicly funded university does.

https://blog.ticketcity.com/nfl-child-ticket-policy/
The publicly funded part is a nice touch but, used in error. The athletic department is self funded.

Dec 20, 2005
It’s not that I cannot Afford it. It’s that I see It as illogical or an expense that’s better placed somewhere else than my 1 year old taking a nap in the stadium.

Another point is with add on purchases the university actually LOSES overall profit by not having a family of three there to but shirts hats soda popcorn etc.

Dec 20, 2005
Two-oh’s future All American wasn’t able to make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha yeah instead my wife and I took him to the Texas Tech game (she is an alum there while I’m an Oklahoma State alum). They don’t charge for your kids under 2 in Lubbock.