Recipes...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

LivinOrange25

Wrangler
A/V Subscriber
Sep 5, 2012
Welcome! just remember to season to taste. I just start shaking the paprika and chili powder in there blindly so I really have no clue on the actual measurement.
Ok sorry to sound meticulous but do you dice the bacon and cook in the pot then drain, then add the hamburger meat to the bacon and brown then drain, then go from there?

Erick

Master in the art of Gemütlichkeit
Jun 11, 2006
Yukon, Oklahoma:
Ok sorry to sound meticulous but do you dice the bacon and cook in the pot then drain, then add the hamburger meat to the bacon and brown then drain, then go from there?
Trim/dice bacon and cook. Add beef to bacon and brown.

I don't drain the bacon grease. I trim most of the fat anyways but that is optional. Leaving some fat will only improve the flavor and what ever you do have will soak into the beef. Draining the beef grease is also optional. I like to use lean meat but it you are using 80% you might want to.

t1m0thy

Walker told me I have AIDS
Sep 3, 2008
Tulsa
I keep telling you guys. 2 slices of bread. One side spread with peanut butter and the other spread with jelly.

Someday. This idea. Will be huge. :whistle:
HOLY HELL!!! You guys should definitely try this. Had it today and it was awesome!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone have any great chili recipes? Having people over all day Saturday to watch football and the weather that's in the forecast for that day sounds perfect for a big pot of chili
I use a Newcastle for the liquid in my chili and I think it tastes great. I also use one pound of sausage and one pound of beef instead of 2 lbs. of beef. I think it gives it a little richer flavor.

Jul 15, 2010
Dallas and Istanbul
Found this today. Seems like a great side for tailgating or anytime! Haven't tried it yet but its got to be great. Who doesn't like cheese & mac, bacon, and beer?

Beer Mac and Cheese Recipe

By FOX News Magazine, December 27, 2012

Read more: http://magazine.foxnews.com/recipe/beer-mac-and-cheese-recipe?intcmp=HPBucket#ixzz2Gv0y6X83
Gooey mac and cheese with crumbled bacon is about as decadent as it gets … before you add beer, that is.

Wisconsin native Dax Phillips takes a comfort food classic to the next level by combining two of his state's best known exports — beer and cheese — into one amazing dish. "This recipe infuses beer throughout the entire mac and cheese process," writes Dax on Simple Comfort Food, his extensive recipe blog. "I first cook the pasta in beer, then while making the roux for the sauce, I begin slowly adding in [more] beer," he explains.
The resulting dish is nothing short of amazing, and it's sure to satisfy anyone's comfort food (or beer) cravings.

Beer Mac and Cheese Recipe

Cooking Method:
Boil, Bake
Category:
Entree
Level:
Easy
Total Time:
1 hour
Ingredients:
  • 24 ounces beer of your choice (Dax prefers New Glarus Spotted Cow)
  • 5 cups water
  • 1/2 pound elbow macaroni
  • 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (Dax prefers Nueske’s)
  • 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup half and half, or 2 percent milk
  • 6 ounces IPA, or your favorite beer
  • Cracked black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon mustard powder
  • 2 cups grated white cheddar cheese
  • 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
  • Salt (for pasta water)
Instructions:
  1. Bring 24 ounces of beer and water to a boil. Season with salt. Add the pasta and cook until almost al dente, but not quite. Drain.
  2. Cook the bacon in a skillet until crisp, then set aside. Crumble the bacon when cool..
  3. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
  4. Bring a large pan to medium heat, then melt the butter until it bubbles. Add the flour and stir, using a wooden spoon, until it reaches a golden color.
  5. Slowly add the half and half to the pan. Continue stirring until all of the lumps are out. Add six ounces of beer and continue stirring until smooth.
  6. Stir in black pepper and mustard powder. Next, add the cheeses a little at a time, and continue stirring until creamy.
  7. Add the cooked pasta and crumbled bacon to the pan. Stir to combine with the cheese sauce.
  8. If using a cast iron pan, place in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. If not, grease a casserole dish with cooking spray or butter. Transfer the contents of the pan to the dish, then place in the oven for 30 minutes. (Both cooking vessels should remain uncovered.)
  9. Remove from oven. Portion onto serving plates and enjoy.

Sep 3, 2007
Columbia,MO
I did a little research on the Bacon Explosion (New York Time 2009) and I like the cheese addition. Apparently that wasn't part of the original recipe. Do you use ground pork or sausage?
Ya, i put cheese on everything. For this I used italian sausage. If I make it again, i would experiment with ground beef, as the bacon, sausage and more bacon was maybe a bit much.

Longan4OSU

A Frayed Knot
Oct 7, 2007
Atomic Buffalo Turds.

Slice open Jalapenos and take out the seeds. Leave them in if you like them hot.
View attachment 9362

Fill with Cream Cheese and a little smokie.
View attachment 9363

Wrap in Bacon secure with a toothpick.
View attachment 9364

Cook on smoker until bacon is done.
View attachment 9365

Kick it iup a notch by wrapping your Turd in a bisquit. *** REMOVE TOOTHPICKS**
I use Grands Bisquits.

View attachment 9366

Bake in oven at 350 for 8-10 min
View attachment 9367

I serve it with ranch dressing! I dare you to eat just one.
Eating a few turds this very minute. Good stuff!

Jun 8, 2012
Fall recipes...

Baked Beans
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379676543.633896.jpg

1 # ground beef
1 # bacon, cut into 1 inch squares
1 can each pork & beans, kidney beans, ranch style beans*
1/4 cup mustard
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 brown sugar
1 tsp apple cider vinegar

*you can change up your beans if you want... Ive used lima beans, plain pinto bean, etc.

Preheat oven to 350.

Brown the ground beef & mix the bacon into the skillet (you can add onions here, too. I don't because I'm allergic.) add whatever salt & pepper you want.

When the bacon & beef is finished cooking, put into a baking dish... Usually 9x9 or bigger if you're making the whole recipe.

Here's your options. I drain the pork & beans, but not the others. You can drain them all, some, or none, depending on how thick you want your beans. Mix into the pan with the meat.

Combine other ingredients into the pan, mix into the meat & beans, spread evenly in pan.

Cook for 30-45 min, but don't over cook.

Jun 8, 2012
Similar to something already posted, Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379676954.620480.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379676967.978005.jpg

The first ones were a little flat, but the 2nd time I made them I used a muffin tin & they were awesome. And really easy.

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008
This recipe came from Pioneer Woman's website. I added approximately 2-3 cups diced (1/4-1/2 inch dice), sauteed ham cubes to it and mix in before you bake it. This is a meal in itself.

Perfect Potatoes au Gratin
Added by Ree on January 11, 2010 in Potatoes, Sides

Prep Time 10 Minutes
Cook Time 1 HourServings 8Difficulty Easy
Ingredients
  • 4 whole Russet Potatoes, Scrubbed Clean
  • 2 Tablespoons Butter, Softened
  • 1-½ cup Heavy Cream
  • ½ cups Whole Milk
  • 2 Tablespoons Flour
  • 4 cloves Garlic, Finely Minced
  • 1 teaspoon Salt
  • Freshly Ground Pepper, to taste
  • 1 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Freshly Grated
Preparation Instructions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Smear softened butter all over the bottom of a baking dish.

Slice potatoes, then cut slices into fourths.

In a separate bowl, whisk together cream, milk, flour, minced garlic, salt, and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.

Place 1/3 of the potatoes in the bottom of the baking dish. Pour 1/3 of the cream mixture over the potatoes.

Repeat this two more times, ending with the cream mixture. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are golden brown and really bubbling. Add grated cheese to the top of the potatoes and bake for 3 to 5 more minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.

Allow to stand for a few minutes before serving by the spoonful. Delicious!

Jun 8, 2012
Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce

Bread pudding:
2 eggs
2 tbs melted butter
2 tbs Mexican vanilla
2 1/2 c milk
2 c sugar
2 c sourdough bread (or adjust), cut into 1 inch cubes
1/3 c pecans
1/2 c raisins (if you want)

Preheat oven to 325. Beat eggs, add butter, vanilla, and milk, then slowly mix in sugar until its dissolved. Place bread cubes into baking dish (I use enough that it fills up the dish and adjust the other amounts as needed), then pour the liquid over the bread until saturated. The less liquid, the more cake-y it is, but you have to at least saturate the bread. Sprinkle pecans and raisins over the mixture and push them down into the bread. Bake for 50-60 min.

*you can add a 1/4 c Jack Daniels to the liquid for the bread if you increase the bread a little bit

Whiskey sauce:
1/2 c sugar
1 stick butter
1/2 c heavy cream
1/3 c Jack Daniels

Combine in medium sauce pan, stir constantly over low eat until mixture reaches a low rolling boil. Pour over the individual servings of bread pudding.