Recipes...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Apr 16, 2008
Is there any way we could get a sticky in this forum for recipes? I have noticed a fair number of serious grillmasters and others who have interesting recipes I would like to try. I didn't save the recipes and now they are more difficult to find.

MSteph57

Territorial Marshal
Aug 14, 2008
Near enemy territory.
Recipe that I did this weekend for the game. Chicken breast soaked in a mixture of teriyaki and A1 overnight. Cook until almost done then take a pineapple slice and slap that on top for awhile before finishing with a slice of American cheese. For extra goodness eat a hot link at the same time.

Carneyman14

I wanna be formal, but I'm here to party
A/V Subscriber
Oct 20, 2008
Minneapolis, MN.
spread 1 slice of bread with peanut butter and the other with the flavor of jelly of your choice. Put the two halves together and enjoy :runaway:

Erick

Master in the art of Gemütlichkeit
Jun 11, 2006
Yukon, Oklahoma:
Just made this Monday night for the Bedlam tailgate.

Apple Pie Moonshine:

Ingredients:

1 gallon apple cider
1 gallon apple juice
3 cups white sugar
8 cinnamon sticks
1 liter bottle of 190 proof moonshine or grain alcohol (Everclear)
Directions

1. In a large stock pot, combine the apple cider, apple juice, sugar, and cinnamon sticks.
  2. Bring it to a boil, then take it off the heat and allow it to cool.
  3. Add the liter of high proof liquor.
  4. Pour this into mason jars, put the lids on, and let it mellow out. You could drink it right away, but it does get better after a couple of weeks.
This recipe makes about 9 quarts of apple pie moonshine. You could easily cut this recipe in half if that is too much.
Warning! Apple pie moonshine will sneak up on you! This stuff is so smooth and tasty. Use with CAUTION!

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008
My mom liked to make grilled cheese sandwiches for us kids but added thin tomato slices and dill pickle slices also. Sounds kinda funky but it was good.

Sep 10, 2011

Apple Pie Moonshine:

Ingredients:

I make this about once a year. It's pure deliciousness! And you are right...drink with caution.

1 gallon apple cider
1 gallon apple juice
3 cups white sugar
8 cinnamon sticks
Directions

1. In a large stock pot, combine the apple cider, apple juice, sugar, and cinnamon sticks.
  4. Pour this into mason jars, put the lids on, and let it mellow out. You could drink it right away, but it does get better after a couple of weeks.
This recipe makes about 9 quarts of apple pie moonshine. You could easily cut this recipe in half if that is too much.
Warning! Apple pie moonshine will sneak up on you! This stuff is so smooth and tasty. Use with CAUTION!

Aug 14, 2005
Edmond Oklahoma
Atomic Buffalo Turds.

Slice open Jalapenos and take out the seeds. Leave them in if you like them hot.
ABTs006.jpg

Fill with Cream Cheese and a little smokie.
ABTs009.jpg

Wrap in Bacon secure with a toothpick.
ABTs010.jpg

Cook on smoker until bacon is done.
ABTs014.jpg

Kick it iup a notch by wrapping your Turd in a bisquit. *** REMOVE TOOTHPICKS**
I use Grands Bisquits.

abt3.jpg

Bake in oven at 350 for 8-10 min
abt6.jpg

I serve it with ranch dressing! I dare you to eat just one.

Carneyman14

I wanna be formal, but I'm here to party
A/V Subscriber
Oct 20, 2008
Minneapolis, MN.
Atomic Buffalo Turds.

Slice open Jalapenos and take out the seeds. Leave them in if you like them hot.
View attachment 9362

Fill with Cream Cheese and a little smokie.
View attachment 9363

Wrap in Bacon secure with a toothpick.
View attachment 9364

Cook on smoker until bacon is done.
View attachment 9365

Kick it iup a notch by wrapping your Turd in a bisquit. *** REMOVE TOOTHPICKS**
I use Grands Bisquits.

View attachment 9366

Bake in oven at 350 for 8-10 min
View attachment 9367

I serve it with ranch dressing! I dare you to eat just one.

pokelahoman

Keeper of the Cursive Script
Aug 31, 2009
Edmond

Apple Pie Moonshine:

Ingredients:

1 gallon apple cider
1 gallon apple juice
3 cups white sugar
8 cinnamon sticks
Directions

I've had this. Delicious and very dangerous.

Apple Pie Moonshine:

Ingredients:

1 gallon apple cider
1 gallon apple juice
3 cups white sugar
8 cinnamon sticks
Directions

Yep, saw this earlier today, and have already made a batch for Christmas presents! It's pretty good, and even fresh is still pretty smooth and tasty!

Aug 14, 2005
Edmond Oklahoma
Green Chile & Chicken Soup.

1 sm can green chiles chopped
1 can green chile enchilada sauce
1 bunch green onions
4 small potatoes
Fajita seasoning
2 Chicken breasts with skin and rib bones (not pictured)
1/4 cup heavy cream.
1 can chicken broth
2 cups water.

I cook for only two people so this makes a small batch.

Green Chili stew (3).JPG

in a slow cooker put chicken breasts and 2 cups water. season with fajita seasoning.
Cook until chicken is done. Remove chicken and discard all bones and skin. Shred chicken with forks and put back into crock pot.

Add green chile's, enchilada sauce, potatoes, chicken broth and onions. Cook until potatoes are done.

Green Chili stew (1).JPG

When potatoes are done. Slowly stir in 1/4 cup cream to thicken soup.
Serve with chips, or flour tortillas, or sour cream or salsa.

Green Chili stew (4).JPG

O-statecowboy

"No, it's not a Cooper Bassett jersey."
Dec 20, 2004
Tulsa
Made the buffalo turds this weekend. Smoked 15lbs of ribs and then smoked the turds on the top rack for 4 hours.... They turned out AmAZING. EVERYONE loved them. We used the cheesey little smokeys.

O-statecowboy

"No, it's not a Cooper Bassett jersey."
Dec 20, 2004
Tulsa
I've had this. Delicious and very dangerous.
Made this and have 17 mason jars full of it if anyone is interested in some... It makes a lot and can be a little pricey after you bottle it. PM me if interested. It's now at 2 weeks since I've made it. It's tasty stuff!

bacowboy

Territorial Marshal
Nov 4, 2004
BA
Summer sausage

2lbs hamburger
1 cup water
2TBS tender quik salt
1/4tsp mustard seed
1/4tsp poultry seasoning
1/2tsp course black pepper
1/2tsp minced garlic
1/2tsp red pepper flakes(in addition to this I also out about another 1/2 tsp of cayenne)
1/4 tsp louisiana hot sauce
1/2tsp liquid smoke( if you use a conventional oven)

Mix together and split into two equal portions and form into to two logs. Wrap each log in plactic wrap and refrigerate for 24hrs.

Pre-heat smoker or oven to 250 degrees. Let sausage stand at room temp for 20-30min. Place in smoker or oven and let cook for 2 1/2hrs.

Eat with club or ritz crackers, cream cheese and pepper jelly.

Aug 22, 2009
Oklahoma
I searched and didn't see anything about an Orange Power Cook Book.

What are some of your favorite day-to-day recipes or special event foods?

We can break it down into a Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack, and Special Event sections. Just list some of your favorite things. My favorite meal of the day is breakfast hands down... maybe just because its the bacon?

Egg Sandwich:

1 Egg
2 Strips of Bacon
Sweet Relish
Mayo
Cheese (Sharp Cheddar)
Bread
Spices (salt and pepper)

Pretty simple. I cook my bacon in the oven on 'Broil' while cooking my egg. The egg can be cooked over easy to your liking. Toast your bread, spread mayo on one side along with your slices of cheese, then the other, apply your relish (bacon side).

This may not sound good but it is truly one of my favorites.

Not too sure where my dad/grandma picked up this recipe, maybe the fire station, but it is amazing.

Eggs-outa-GoldenRod:

Hard-boiled eggs
Bread
Flour
Milk
Butter
Paprika
Salt and Pepper

A little more complicated, just for the fact that I don't measure stuff.

After you peel your eggs, you need to make a gravy sauce with the egg whites. Melt butter in a large sauce pan, add flour slowly to mix it. (will turn into a paste) Then add milk until your gravy is made. Simply toast some bread, I use 2 slices stacked on top of each other, (butter your bread) then pour the gravy over the bread. Crumble the egg yolk on top, then sprinkle paprika on it. Then Enjoy!

Just some simple ideas I really enjoy and hope you guys will share some of your favorite recipes.