REALLY DULL OFF-SEASON BANTER BEGINS NOW!! I'll GO FIRST.....

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I'm already ramping up my football season excitement, so I occasionally watch one of our old games on youtube. I have watched last year's UT game and bowl game. In that last month I watched 2011 and 2001 Bedlam.

Aside from any "get a life" type comments, what game is still on youtube that you guys would recommend I watch next?
One more, first game I ever took both my kids to together:

2003 OSU vs Texas Tech football. Quite a barn burner at the very end. Starts good, then not so good, then holy smokes, what an ending.:thumbup:

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005

2003 OSU vs Texas Tech football. Quite a barn burner at the very end. Starts good, then not so good, then holy smokes, what an ending.:thumbup:
I think I was there for that one, if it's the one where Leach was able to channel Cronos and stop time in the 4th quarter.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Bowl game vs Stanford and most recent bowl vs Mizzou. The upset a few years back at Mizzou is a good one as well. But the best is the last game at A&M including the Gundy dance.
Agreed except for the Stanford game. Although the end result was one of the best wins in our history, it was kind of hard to watch.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX

When that interception was made to seal that game it is the loudest I have ever heard that stadium. Ever. Not even 2011 Bedlam was as loud. The place was absolutely nuts.

Jun 14, 2011
When that interception was made to seal that game it is the loudest I have ever heard that stadium. Ever. Not even 2011 Bedlam was as loud. The place was absolutely nuts.
John Holland, I'll never forget. Sealed the win at about 12:15 into the video. What a freaking game!

Nov 8, 2013
We took a true Fr QB and went up early on his team before stumbling on the road. We would have boat raced him and Arizona even if he coached the 2 years prior. He caught us at a good time.
I was at that game. We were playing against the 11 Wildcats and 7 Zebras. It's the only reason I am slightly concerned about our road opener against Oregon State this fall. I will probably look up the officials when they are announced and compare against the Arizona game...

Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
John Holland, I'll never forget. Sealed the win at about 12:15 into the video. What a freaking game!

Back then my seats were in the West end zone and I looked right down the south sideline. It sure felt like Holland was airborne at 20 feet above the turf for about 30 seconds. Good memory.

The other memory from a few years later was Quinton Moore taking out the receiver from Arkansas State. Would have been an ejection in today's game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDT9B-gcdsA

Jun 14, 2011
Back then my seats were in the West end zone and I looked right down the south sideline. It sure felt like Holland was airborne at 20 feet above the turf for about 30 seconds. Good memory.

The other memory from a few years later was Quinton Moore taking out the receiver from Arkansas State. Would have been an ejection in today's game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDT9B-gcdsA
I'm sure I was somewhere in the student section at that time. Insanely loud and I recall not having a voice leaving the stadium.

I remember the Moore one too! We thought that guy was dead, because you know, his head had to still be in that helmet...

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
Agreed except for the Stanford game. Although the end result was one of the best wins in our history, it was kind of hard to watch.

That Stanford team was really good and well coached, and we were too. I guess I can watch because I know the ending. We were behind or tied the entire game, our first lead was the OT winning points.

But - here is the A&M Game highlights. Used to be able to find the replay. Big comeback win on the road and the added emotion of Coach Spencer's wife passing away.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=replay+oklahoma+state+football+at+texas+a&m+2011&&view=detail&mid=4E569641091BD9742E0A4E569641091BD9742E0A&&FORM=VRDGAR

And the postgame lockeroom:
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=oklahoma+state+football+at+texas+a&m+2011+gundy&&view=detail&mid=E76048C52EE0524AB03EE76048C52EE0524AB03E&&FORM=VDRVRV

Last edited:

PontiacPoke717

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Nov 24, 2014
Lavon, TX
I share your sentiment of intrigue with Boynton. The circumstances have been far from ideal and he seems to have still put the Cowboys in a place to win most games. He also brought in a stellar recruiting class despite an all around bad year for basketball. I see this team needing to make a late season run to lock up a spot in the Dance, but believe it is necessary that they do so in order to keep the program heading in the right direction. This year will tell us all a lot about what's coming for OSU Basketball. Go Pokes!
8-10 wins in conference and beating all the patsy's will get us in. The big 12 is deep enough to get 7 or 8 teams in every year. 8 conference wins seems to be the line but it's not guaranteed there. I think 10 conference wins gets us in solidly and that's possible.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
8-10 wins in conference and beating all the patsy's will get us in. The big 12 is deep enough to get 7 or 8 teams in every year. 8 conference wins seems to be the line but it's not guaranteed there. I think 10 conference wins gets us in solidly and that's possible.
well that's true if you drop "State" from our name, apparently, but 2018 proved that isn't necessarily true.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
well that's true if you drop "State" from our name, apparently, but 2018 proved that isn't necessarily true.
my goodness.... waa, waa, waa. There were THREE teams that went 8-10, and we were the last. And we DID NOT beat all the patsies, as was stipulated in the post.

We ended up Last of those three teams... the committee simply was not going to take all three bubble teams.

most pundits had us in but the committee wasn't going with eight B12 teams with so many with only 8 conf wins. If we had beaten BU or UT, as we should have, we would have been in, instead of them.

PontiacPoke717

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Nov 24, 2014
Lavon, TX
Well like I said, 8 wins is the line but isn't guaranteed. 10 wins in this conference and being #7 should get us in. I think we have a pretty good chance of finishing in the upper half of the league though.

We lost no significant contributors and we could play with anyone... even plagued with stupid amounts of minutes and playing through nagging injuries.

PontiacPoke717

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Nov 24, 2014
Lavon, TX
my goodness.... waa, waa, waa. There were THREE teams that went 8-10, and we were the last. And we DID NOT beat all the patsies, as was stipulated in the post.

We ended up Last of those three teams... the committee simply was not going to take all three bubble teams.

most pundits had us in but the committee wasn't going with eight B12 teams with so many with only 8 conf wins. If we had beaten BU or UT, as we should have, we would have been in, instead of them.
We definitely deserved to be in over the fkn Young-ites. The only reason they got in was because they had a top pick that ESPN sweated over all season... and he was the reason they crumbled late in the year.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX

You're insufferable.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
We definitely deserved to be in over the fkn Young-ites. The only reason they got in was because they had a top pick that ESPN sweated over all season... and he was the reason they crumbled late in the year.
Ehh, it was a little bit of an imperfect storm, if you will.

While OU played some high profile matchups in the non-con, we were severely hurt by like 3 or 4 teams on our non-con schedules just completely $hitting the bed & finishing with RPI's in the 300 range. The committee ultimately weighed that more heavily than our quality wins when it all came down to it.

Nov 1, 2009
Dallas
I'm already ramping up my football season excitement, so I occasionally watch one of our old games on youtube. I have watched last year's UT game and bowl game. In that last month I watched 2011 and 2001 Bedlam.

Aside from any "get a life" type comments, what game is still on youtube that you guys would recommend I watch next?
Just watch the 2nd half of 2011 A&M. As good as it gets