RB of 2013

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 16, 2010
Banned to Recruiting
These are the RB that we have offered so far according to Scouts, Rivals, and 247.

Mark Dodson Jr.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/oklahomastate/football/recruiting/player-Mark-Dodson Jr.-127182

Kamani Thomas

http://rivals.yahoo.com/oklahomastate/football/recruiting/player-Kamani-Thomas-126219

Dontre Wilson

http://rivals.yahoo.com/oklahomastate/football/recruiting/player-Dontre-Wilson-117626

Altee Tenpenny

http://rivals.yahoo.com/oklahomastate/football/recruiting/player-Altee-Tenpenny-121644

Tyren Jones

http://247sports.com/Player/Tyren-Jones-2213

Tennpenny has committed to Alabama so far. Tyren seems to be a Georgia favor. Dodson seems to be a Mississippi favor.

If I get time today, I will post videos of all the ones I can find.

Have fun!

PlatypusJojo

Mysterious as the dark side of the moon
A/V Subscriber
May 29, 2010
Boston
Feb 16, 2010
Banned to Recruiting
Yeah, one to make up for the lack of a running back in this class, and 2 to redshirt and be there to step in when Joseph Randle and Jeremy Smith graduate. I think we need at least 2 in this next class.
We took Caleb Muncrief as a RB for this class. I would think there is a chance that they would move him after he gets on campus, and the only reason I say that is cause of his speed, but for now he is the RB recruit for this class.

I would be surprised if they took more than one in this class. I could see them taking more than one if they ended landing someone like Dontre Wilson. Then they could possibly look at trying to land a bigger RB.

Aug 17, 2009
Durham, NC
We took Caleb Muncrief as a RB for this class. I would think there is a chance that they would move him after he gets on campus, and the only reason I say that is cause of his speed, but for now he is the RB recruit for this class.
I think he'll be used like Travis Miller was (and was projected to continue) as a running back who splits out, returns kicks, etc.

I agree probably one running back in next class.

OrangeAggie

Assistant to the Moderater
A/V Subscriber
Feb 6, 2004
Edmond

I would be surprised if they took more than one in this class. I could see them taking more than one if they ended landing someone like Dontre Wilson. Then they could possibly look at trying to land a bigger RB.
I don't see any way Caleb Muncrief plays running back at OSU, I don't care where they have him listed.

OrangeAggie

Assistant to the Moderater
A/V Subscriber
Feb 6, 2004
Edmond
I hate how people around here are always so aggressive when replying or responding to a person's comment. So I want to ask you, honestly and genuinely, why do you think this?
Aggressive? I was just responding with my opinion. To put it frankly, I don't see a 5'8, 180 lb white kid taking snaps at running back for us any time in the near future. I think with his size and particular skill set, he's destined to be a slot receiver.

Jul 12, 2011
Aggressive? I was just responding with my opinion. To put it frankly, I don't see a 5'8, 180 lb white kid taking snaps at running back for us any time in the near future. I think with his size and particular skill set, he's destined to be a slot receiver.

Aug 20, 2009
Athens
www.facebook.com
Haha, no no no. Sorry, I didn't mean that your post was aggressive. I just wanted to make sure that mine didn't come off as aggressive. I don't really care where the kid lines up as long as he makes plays!

Dec 7, 2011
Orangeaggie, hold on a minute... Muncrief is basically built like kendll hunter coming out of high school only a little faster. (muncrief was second in state in the 100m) Spud worked out OK in his OSU career...muncrief played some running back and if you watch his highlight vids you can see he would do just fine there. He won't be taking 20 carries a game but given a few carries a game he can be effective. The coaches in fact said he will play RB, Slot, KR in some combo

jbug

Deputy
Jan 21, 2009
After a year of weight training and steping up his physical developement ...is this the kid for the future that could pound the pig skin for the 4th and ones, or goal line inches to score kind of runs?

Jan 7, 2012
i believe (like others have said) that Muncrief is taking mickens spot as the RB for this class. the coaching staff wants a speedy RB in the fold and Muncrief is as fast as he appears in his videos, then Muncrief will be the fastest RB we have.

Aug 17, 2009
Durham, NC
Travis Miller was 5'9" 190lbs. Sure, he left the program because of the depth in front of him, but he played and was projected to play even more as the RB, slot, KR/PR type guy. And why does it matter that he's a white kid? Speed is speed, and he'll put some mass on after a year with Coach Glass. I'm willing to guess there's a slight difference in our facilities and Madill High School.