Ranked 21 in AP and 25 in Amway!!!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
Clay Helton at USC could be out after losing to ND in two weeks and Gundy is supposedly on their replacement coach list.
Although Gundy has said he wasn't going anywhere, the enticement of coaching USC has got to be...well, enticing.
Although, if Gundy hates social media BS, he's not going to fit into the LA lifestyle that feeds on BS and craps it back out.

I'm sure Gundy is being considered on many a coaching search sheets.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Clay Helton at USC could be out after losing to ND in two weeks and Gundy is supposedly on their replacement coach list.
Although Gundy has said he wasn't going anywhere, the enticement of coaching USC has got to be...well, enticing.
Although, if Gundy hates social media BS, he's not going to fit into the LA lifestyle that feeds on BS and craps it back out.

I would really doubt that he'd even consider any PAC12 team. They are all on downward trajectories compared to the other conferences.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Just for a little perspective, Gundy is making $5,125,000 this year with guaranteed raises of $125,000 going forward.

I took a quick look at 5 different rankings of the "Coaches of the Big 12" from the start of this season and Gundy average 3.8th. He was no higher than 3rd on any list. Some AD would have to be willing to pay $6 million for the 3rd or 4th best coach in the Big 12, according to objective lists. Also, Gundy's unique style, with the mullet and taking his shirt off at events for no apparent reason, may not be quite as well received in some places (Los Angeles) as it is in Stillwater OK.

Gundy would have to be willing to forfeit the emotional ties and higher job security that comes with coaching at his own beloved school in a town where his kids have grown up.

We're good for Gundy, and Gundy is good for us. He's not going anywhere.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK

It'll be Urban Meyer at USC.

Aug 16, 2012
I would guess USC is already looking for their next coach, and Gundy would probably end up on almost anyone's list these days, but he would be a terrible fit.
Forget the coaching. Snake/turtle-hunting, mullet-wearing, ranch-owning good-ol-boy going to a private school of snobs dropped on the outskirts of the "jets". Do not see it happening.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Good morning, here's some of Tulsa World's OSU football coverage from the past few days...

From Frank Bonner II --- Safety Tre Sterling's performance contributes to solid play of OSU defense

“He’s come a long way,” Gundy said. “He’s been a steady player for us. … He made some really good plays, seems to be in the right spot most of the time. I’m excited about the improvement he’s made in just one year.”

Sterling got on the field primarily on special teams last season and his two tackles in the Liberty Bowl against Missouri were the only tackles he recorded all year. Sterling totaled a career-high nine tackles in this year’s season opener at Oregon State. He has 30 tackles, including four tackles for loss, and three pass breakups on the season.

“I think I’ve done my job well,” Sterling said. “I’ve moved up and was given an opportunity and I think I’m making the most of it so far. I’m going to try to continue to do that to the best of my ability.”
Also from Frank --- Cowboys rush for a season-high behind an injured offensive line

“We all know the continuity and years of service of those five guys is very beneficial,” Gundy said of the O-line. “When you move them around it’s not the same. They’re still on the offensive line but it’s not the same.”

“Bryce (Bray) went from playing guard to left tackle, it’s not the same. You can tell by looking at the salary structure of the NFL left tackles compared to the NFL right guards. It’s the same for college, maybe even worse. So was I nervous? Sure I was. Am I nervous now? Sure I am.”
From Bill Haisten: Chuba Hubbard executes a 296-yard dash into the Heisman conversation

The five-game stat line for Hubbard: 938 yards, 7.3 per carry, 10 touchdowns.

During this decade, only two major-college running backs — Stanford’s Bryce Love in 2017 and LSU’s Leonard Fournette in 2015 — had more than 938 rushing yards through the first five games of a season.
And from Guerin Emig on Chuba...

One of you tweeted: “An unpopular opinion here. It’s a shame he probably won’t get any national buzz because he wears orange & black instead of crimson & cream.”

It’s an understandable reaction when you consider Hubbard opened the season with a 221-yard breakout at Oregon State, and took an immediate backseat to known commodities like Tua Tagovailoa, Trevor Lawrence and the crimson & cream’s Jalen Hurts. It lends credence to the notion the Heisman race is as much about PR as TDs.

Just know that TDs ultimately win out. Performance and productivity win out. If Hubbard continues to lay waste to the FBS rushing yardage field, he’ll get his buzz. I promise you.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
Well, all it took was one terrible game to remind voters of how wrong they were to think that we were a top 25 team.

We didn't get any votes to start the season, but we showed some early promise only to totally suck to a really bad team.
We believed we were something great and lost focus. We got out arses handed to us and now we're back in the shadows of mediocre football teams.

We work hard for our rankings. We always have. We aren't a storied program like Texas and Michigan that pollsters want to vote for each pre-season thinking "they can't stink it up again. They've got to be back.".
We cannot afford to slip up to a loser like Texas Tech and hope to be relevant on the national scene.

Pollsters and voters are just waiting for us to collapse so they can say, "See. I knew they'd do this. This is why we don't vote for them. They'll end up blowing it to a team they should have beaten easily."

We are the midwest version of Washington State.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Well, all it took was one terrible game to remind voters of how wrong they were to think that we were a top 25 team.

We didn't get any votes to start the season, but we showed some early promise only to totally suck to a really bad team.
We believed we were something great and lost focus. We got out arses handed to us and now we're back in the shadows of mediocre football teams.

We work hard for our rankings. We always have. We aren't a storied program like Texas and Michigan that pollsters want to vote for each pre-season thinking "they can't stink it up again. They've got to be back.".
We cannot afford to slip up to a loser like Texas Tech and hope to be relevant on the national scene.

Pollsters and voters are just waiting for us to collapse so they can say, "See. I knew they'd do this. This is why we don't vote for them. They'll end up blowing it to a team they should have beaten easily."

You could at least mention how far we dropped. I haven’t even wanted to know until now.

Last edited:

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

You could at least mention how far we dropped. I haven’t even wanted to know until know.
No votes if I remember correctly.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk