Randy Couture talks about using sports as "real world" prep, induction into Wrestling Hall of Fame

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Randy Couture spent six years in the U.S. Army before showing up as a 25-year-old freshman at Oklahoma State.

“I was an unconventional freshman to say the least,” Couture said.

Yes, he was. He was a serious student, in addition to outstanding wrestler, maintaining a 4.0 GPA with a double major in foreign language (German) and literature.

Then, when MMA (mixed martial arts) started to get a foothold in American sports, Couture saw the future and became a very popular champion.

“I got inducted into the Oklahoma State University College of Arts & Sciences Hall of Fame a few years ago and that was a very big deal for me,” Couture said. “That meant a lot to me to be recognized for what I did academically and what I’ve done in my life. Every athlete should aspire to greatness long after you are done competing.

“I’m really honored to be a part of the National Wrestling Hall of Fame. It was such a huge part of my life. But, I hope my story resonates with some young athletes. You should always be planning ahead. The years you can compete at the highest levels of any sport is very short. So, be prepared. Work toward a long successful life.”
Link