Random Bedlam Memories

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
joy...
Rustoleum end zone with Dad...nearing 70...banging thunder sticks like 18 year old..Rashawn still open Fields placing it for 6 in stride over and over again, endlessly... forever...roll those dice...
BPS, old omens die November day...fumble...rumble...1 yard line stumble...game changed...what a beating...storm it.. tear it down ….Champions...never to be the same? Euphoria....emotion....exorcising demons...Kick it Bob...kick it again my okie friend...

pain...
Back of helmet on-side kick pick it up... not you... prick. Bad time out Pat td wrong team...moron...6...Bad call lead blocker...Sanders win gone...stripes suck...work for goons cheats for Switz...
STILL...Catch the ball my friend its in your hands...decades later...throw the ball it's 2 points and a win...secure the oskie and it's over my friend...same song second, third, infinity verse...
Ice bowl...snow bowl...both cold, hard, and over...AMEN...damn...am I stuck to my seat? Where is the hot coffee to free me?

Still hope endures...that endless sick and haunting optimism...have a fry..cheese and bacon...hope.

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Still haven't thawed out from 1985. I sat on the front row.... the 27 rows in front of me stayed home.
Ice bowl...that's when we had to free the old lady with our coffee and hot chocolate as her clothes literally froze to her seat. or so I recall it...who knows...no one could get traction, my memory may have lost its footing.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
Your memory is spot on, @Rack.

I also have great memories from 1995 when the Simmons led Pokes got the win in Norman 12-0. It was beautiful to watch the OSU fans storm the field. I waited at the exit tunnel to get a high-five from Simmons.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Your memory is spot on, @Rack.

I also have great memories from 1995 when the Simmons led Pokes got the win in Norman 12-0. It was beautiful to watch the OSU fans storm the field. I waited at the exit tunnel to get a high-five from Simmons.
I was at that game as well...last one I attended in Norman to this day. Someone from the Tinker gave my Dad tickets and he gave them to my spouse and I for our anniversary. lol...sat in the south (I believe) endzone. Good times.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
I was at that game as well...last one I attended in Norman to this day. Someone from the Tinker gave my Dad tickets and he gave them to my spouse and I for our anniversary. lol...sat in the south (I believe) endzone. Good times.
I was there as well, it was my freshman year at OSU and a good friend had gone to OU. He got me a ticket as his plan was to be able to raz me the whole game about how bad we were losing. Didn't work out the way he expected... :D

Oct 9, 2004
Yukon, OK
www.evilface.com
1995. Got cheap tickets through my work. Me and my woman attended our first college football game. We both had new bright orange hoodies on. Walking through the parking lot to the stadium we actually past Howard Schnellenberger. He smiled at us. He seemed much larger in person. We had nosebleed endzone seats surrounded by Sooner fans. Their mood degraded throughout the game while ours was ecstatic. OSU getting the win after such a long drought and being there was awesome.

Feb 2, 2008
1976 -- Senior in high school. Was at a friend's house listening to the game on the radio. (The game wasn't on TV, but that season they showed away games on closed circuit inside Gallagher Hall and we couldn't get tickets.) When the game ended I went home, stood outside and could hear nothing but car horns honking all over town. We went to The Strip that night and frenzied fans filled the street. At one point the crowd gathered around and burned an OU flag to chants of "F%&K OU!"

Dec 30, 2008
Canyon Texas
1998. Had been in the hospital the previous week due to an asthma attack. Should not have gone. It was wonderful. The next day, back home, I almost died and landed in ICU, intubated. Always, all in for my Cowboys.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
1976 we were sowing wheat during the game and my grandfather (Oklahoma A&M grad) and I went out to fill the drill after the game. My father, a fan of all things goon, was listening to the game on the radio as were we in the pickup. I have never seen my father less inclined to talk about anything. I asked grandpa why he didn't give dad a hard time and he said those words that have been enblazed on my mind, "Act like you've been there before".

Sep 10, 2010
Sachse, TX
1976 we were sowing wheat during the game and my grandfather (Oklahoma A&M grad) and I went out to fill the drill after the game. My father, a fan of all things goon, was listening to the game on the radio as were we in the pickup. I have never seen my father less inclined to talk about anything. I asked grandpa why he didn't give dad a hard time and he said those words that have been enblazed on my mind, "Act like you've been there before".
Some of my best memories happened listening to OSU on the tractor when I used to ride with my dad.

2002 was my best bedlam moment. My wife is from Norman but an OSU grad. We took a lot of crap from her OU family members the day before and the morning of the game because we must have been at her house for Thanksgiving. It made for a really enjoyable Christmas.