Question regarding the public reactions to racism

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
Yes, but the tax cuts alone were the biggest factor resulting in more black Americans working at higher wages than any time in our history. Clinton and Obama never came close, but Atl will no doubt say they did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
how do you know what I am going to say? I was actually going to say I like the opportunity zones but would clarify a cpl of points on it.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
Whenever blacks have armed themselves or open carried, it has always been met with these types of accusations. I mean, when they open carried in the 80's Reagan got all of those gun bills passed. There are videos circulating online of blacks open carrying on their own and also with whites and there haven't been any issues.

I also would hesitate to use CBN, which is Pat Robertson's news agency as your source. That would be like me using Mother Jones when talking about Trump to illustrate my point.
Don't know if you have noticed but the BLM marchers doing all this bad stuff are mostly white. They are overwhelmingly white Marxist that are hijacking the movement trying to incite violence and start a revolution. Look at the article from CBN it's 100% white kids inciting the violence in the name of black people. If I was a black man I'd be getting pretty pissed at all the little white commies that are hijacking the movement and doing violence in the name of black lives matter.

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
Don't know if you have noticed but the BLM marchers doing all this bad stuff are mostly white. They are overwhelmingly white Marxist that are hijacking the movement trying to incite violence and start a revolution. Look at the article from CBN it's 100% white kids inciting the violence in the name of black people. If I was a black man I'd be getting pretty pissed at all the little white commies that are hijacking the movement and doing violence in the name of black lives matter.
1) CBN is not a legitimate news source.
2) A very very small portion of BLM has gotten violent. Much of the violence has been people with other motives. The protests where I live turned violent after the main protest was done and that crowd headed home. It was a completely different crowd later in the evening.
3) You and others, dont pay any attention to the people who do condemn the violence. There have been a ton of people who have spoken out against it, but that runs counter to thr narrative that is being run in here. Instead, there is an attempt to conflate those people and the whole BLM movement. That is not intellectualy honest.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
2) A very very small portion of BLM has gotten violent. Much of the violence has been people with other motives. The protests where I live turned violent after the main protest was done and that crowd headed home. It was a completely different crowd later in the evening.
3) You and others, dont pay any attention to the people who do condemn the violence. There have been a ton of people who have apoken out against it, but that runs counter to thr narrative that is being run in here. Instead, there is an attempt to conflate those people and the whole BLM movement. That is not intellectualy honest.
Who is your legitimate news source?

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
Who is your legitimate news source?

Reason, Vice - investigative journalism only, The Guardian, BBC, NPR's non political reporting, the Atlantic. Its possible to come across well written articles from the major news sources, but that often depends on the reporter and they are fewer and farther between.

News sources with blatant religious bias and blogs tend to be the bottom of the barrel.

Edit: and all tv news networks suck. Every single one of them. They also control the rate of information, so it ia easier to slip in bias unnoticed.

Last edited:

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
3) You and others, dont pay any attention to the people who do condemn the violence. There have been a ton of people who have apoken out against it, but that runs counter to thr narrative that is being run in here. Instead, there is an attempt to conflate those people and the whole BLM movement. That is not intellectualy honest.
Let me try to figure out your reply. Pretty sure I said it was white Marxist doing the violence in the name of BLM. What part of that is not paying attention to the people who condemn the violence? All I did was point out who is committing the violence in the name of BLM. They are hurting the movement and turning public sentiment against it.

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
Let me try to figure out your reply. Pretty sure I said it was white Marxist doing the violence in the name of BLM. What part of that is not paying attention to the people who condemn the violence? All I did was point out who is committing the violence in the name of BLM. They are hurting the movement and turning public sentiment against it.
I agree that those people are smearing the movement as a whole. Some mauy be marxists, others anarchists and honestly the plurality of them are probably just opportunists. People that feel like they have nothing to lose or want to capitalize on what is going on.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
I agree that those people are smearing the movement as a whole. Some mauy be marxists, others anarchists and honestly the plurality of them are probably just opportunists. People that feel like they have nothing to lose or want to capitalize on what is going on.
True. It looks like something you would have done as a kid if you knew you would absolutely get away with it.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Once these movements gain traction they are almost immediately co-opted by the kind of money that without fail will poison them. It’s the old a few bad apples adage (or in this case a few thousand bad apples versus the 10s of thousands of good apples). Guilt by association and all that. It’s the way both sides see things.

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
Once these movements gain traction they are almost immediately co-opted by the kind of money that without fail will poison them. It’s the old a few bad apples adage (or in this case a few thousand bad apples versus the 10s of thousands of good apples). Guilt by association and all that. It’s the way both sides see things.
I agree partially. I think the movement will get hijacked/coopted by the political establishment. We saw it happen with the tea party and to a lesser extent with occupy wallstreet. Very few of their goals came to pass.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Not quite a conspiracy theory, but a theory. A lot of these states and municipalities knew they were facing budgetary shortfalls already. Along comes BLM demanding we defund the police. Perfect! Pretend to be "woke" and listening to the mood of the times, cut the police budget. Problem solved.

For now.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Do Black lives really matter to Black Lives Matter?

1. In 2018, less than 1 out of every 1,000,000 White Americans killed a Black American
2. In 2018, more than 57 out of every 1,000,000 Black Americans killed a Black American
3. In 2018, 65% of Black children lived in single-parent households (24% of White children lived in single-parent households)
4. Children growing up in fatherless homes are 4 times more likely to live in poverty
5. Children growing up in fatherless homes are twice as likely to drop out of school
6. Young men growing up in fatherless homes are twice as likely to wind up in jail
7. Girls growing up in fatherless homes are 4 times more likely to become pregnant as a teenager
8. Black females represent 13 percent of the population, but account for 36% of all abortions

A factual assessment of BLM.
- BLMs primary target of protest is #1
- BLM ignores #2
- BLM promotes #3 which leads to #'s 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8.

Seriously, do Black lives really matter to BLM?

Last edited:

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
They are a bunch of useful tools to the marxists inciting them.

Last edited:

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
3) You and others, dont pay any attention to the people who do condemn the violence. There have been a ton of people who have spoken out against it, but that runs counter to thr narrative that is being run in here. Instead, there is an attempt to conflate those people and the whole BLM movement. That is not intellectualy honest.
You can choose not to listen to CBN, but if you just watch the video you'd see what he is saying.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Reason, Vice - investigative journalism only, The Guardian, BBC, NPR's non political reporting, the Atlantic. Its possible to come across well written articles from the major news sources, but that often depends on the reporter and they are fewer and farther between.

News sources with blatant religious bias and blogs tend to be the bottom of the barrel.

Edit: and all tv news networks suck. Every single one of them. They also control the rate of information, so it ia easier to slip in bias unnoticed.
Show me any of those news places that are even reporting on the intimidation tactics against this church by those people?

Last edited:

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
Show me any of those he's places that are even reporting on the intimidation tactics against this church by those people?
That story turned out to be pretty different than the article initially shared, even as listed by CBN. Check out their update to the story. I mean, a sermon named "Blacks Are Cursed" sounds pretty damn racist to me. Did the protestors go a little overboard? Sure, but they had every right to protest those teachings in their community.

Also, I am very pro 2A, but a church also should not be giving away an AR-15 in a raffle. It seems very inappropriate and questionable all around.

Attachments

Last edited:

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
That story turned out to be pretty different than the article initially shared, even as listed by CBN. Check out their update to the story. I mean, a sermon named "Blacks Are Cursed" sounds pretty damn racist to me.

Im very pro 2A, but a church also should not be giving away an AR-15 in a raffle. Very questionable all around.
Schools and churches and individual groups have been raffling off guns for decades.

And as for them having controversial teachings... Does that warrant physically grabbing kids trying to enter the building? Does that warrant entering a private building and disrupting their worship service?

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
Schools and churches and individual groups have been raffling off guns for decades.

And as for them having controversial teachings... Does that warrant physically grabbing kids trying to enter the building? Does that warrant entering a private building and disrupting their worship service?
Controversial teachings? Gimme a break. Do not downplay them that is a straight up racist teaching that goes back several hundred years.

Is grabbing kids ok? No. Is disrupting their service? Sure, that is civil disobedience in action. If the church doesn't like it, they can call the cops and have them tresspassed.

There is a reason that only low quality right wing news sources reported on it.

Edit: more stuff has come out, this posted by a right wing blog on other teachings of that church:

Attachments

Last edited: