QB Situation

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 30, 2007
Only OSU fans would bitch about their most successful football coach in school history.
So we can’t expect more?
Difficult with WVU in the conf: best football tv ratings inhistory, best b-ball recruits ever and will win big12 every year from now on, most profitable athletic department ever, now has facilities and soon will be greatest baseball and wrestling ever, etc, etc, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

POPOKE

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 7, 2007
South Carolina
We had a “good” QB last year with great WRs and a favorable schedule to boot. Including a bowl game, we will be lucky to win 8. 9 is a stretch even with the weak conference. The Boise game will be a momentum builder or season killer depending on the outcome. The final stretch will be tough. I wouldn’t be surprised if we lost 4(or more) of the last 6. I wouldn’t be surprised if we won 4 of the last 6 either. No way this team is ready for 9 wins. Hopefully this comes back to bite me but I’m fairly confident in 8 wins as the ceiling due to numerous factors.

The last 6 games are toss ups except for the one we will definitely lose. Even ISU and TT could be trouble for us this year....luckily we have them at home. I think we will lose to TCU, OU, and drop 2 of the toss ups...prob WV and either KSU or UT....prob UT even though we are at home. That will be a decent year to build on for the next, however. 6 or 7 max then maybe a bowl if we go to a weaker one.
How about Hideaway if we win 9 (including the bowl)? I'd say it's a fairly safe bet we win 9 if you include it.
How about Hideaway if we win 9 (including the bowl)? I'd say it's a fairly safe bet we win 9 if you include it.
Deal
This is the way a disagreement should be handled. Kudos to you two for setting up this bet, loser better pay up.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
No, only Jimmy and ethics would. Lol

Seriously though, there were fans of uo arguing about stoops, so there's that.
Only OSU fans would bitch about their most successful football coach in school history.
Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

NYC Poke

The Veil of Ignorance
A/V Subscriber
Sep 24, 2007

Yeah, but OU. I remember all their “Fire Brent Venables!” threads of that era. So he moves on and wins a National Championship elsewhere, cleaning OU’s clock a couple of times along the way.

I enjoyed that.

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
Mike M

LMFAO. Same absurd argument that if someone disagrees with Mike Gundy’s game plan that they are not an OSU fan. Do you ever get tired of presenting this ridiculous assertion that Is not only false but completely idiotic?

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Mike M

LMFAO. Same absurd argument that if someone disagrees with Mike Gundy’s game plan that they are not an OSU fan. Do you ever get tired of presenting this ridiculous assertion that Is not only false but completely idiotic?
Hmm. I said lol after my comment about you and then said seriously a fact that we weren't the only fan base with people that argued about winning coaches... Are you just a little snippy?

NYC Poke

The Veil of Ignorance
A/V Subscriber
Sep 24, 2007
Mike M

I have been critical of game plans in some losses, and even some wins. It’s pretty easy to do from my couch and with the value of hindsight.

And then I step back, have a beer, and look at overall results, which are the best in our school’s history. I prefer that to our school’s history in this damn sport.

I expect us to have good coaches, which we do. I don’t expect them to be infallible.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I have been critical of game plans in some losses, and even some wins. It’s pretty easy to do from my couch and with the value of hindsight.

And then I step back, have a beer, and look at overall results, which are the best in our school’s history. I prefer that to our school’s history in this damn sport.

I expect us to have good coaches, which we do. I don’t expect them to be infallible.
Doing some (very) rough math in my head, since Gundy has been our coach we have had about 14,000 plays in games on offense or defense. Even if you made 14,000 brilliant decisions something is going to go wrong to make you look stupid at least 1 out of a 100. That's 140 times for us to scream at the field or TV.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
As the saying goes "The other team gives out scholarships too."

Or as Jimmy Baseball said on the Cardinals broadcast awhile back, "The other guys get paid to play baseball too."

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008

I don’t expect him to be perfect but I think you can find a bunch of those mistakes go back to a few games and usually against OU. I am not expecting us to win the game anymore. I just would like to see a more aggressive game plan. Last year, I admit it was a lot better than prior years.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
So we can’t expect more?
Certainly we can expect more...but I honestly think we have the best coach for us...more wins is fine to expect since we know from past history Gundy is capable of producing more than last year with that offense...but our offense wasn't the problem so he fired his DC...what more could we ask for?

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
Certainly we can expect more...but I honestly think we have the best coach for us...more wins is fine to expect since we know from past history Gundy is capable of producing more than last year with that offense...but our offense wasn't the problem so he fired his DC...what more could we ask for?
Dax hill?

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
I think Cornelius is going to surprise some people. I’d give Sanders half of the first 2 games to get as much time as possible. Then Brown is the backup barring injury.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
I think Cornelius is going to surprise some people. I’d give Sanders half of the first 2 games to get as much time as possible. Then Brown is the backup barring injury.

And if Sanders lights it up you sit him anyway? Dru does have an unused RS year too. So he could play in 4 and still RS.

Oct 6, 2012

I have heard several people say this. I am very hopeful it is true but what has he done that makes you think it will happen? Just curious. (once again, I hope you are correct.)

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
My prediction: Cornelius starts and does a Clint Chelf impression, and barring injuries, will keep the job through the season. I see Brown as QB2 and Sanders as QB3.

If Cornelius falls apart or gets injured, it could be a LONG season. Yurcich will revert to the Daxx Garman offense, and teams will tee off on us. Sure - our O-line is better and we have Justice Hill, but neither of those will be enough to overcome our offensive play calling.

I'm hoping for the first one, and realistically see us winning 8 games not including a bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.