Ps vue

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 5, 2016
Nebraska
Does anyone use ps vue? I'm from Nebraska and looking into getting ps vue to watch sports. I was just trying to figure out if I will be able to watch all the oklahoma state games or if it's going to give me a blackout.

Nov 6, 2010
Does anyone use ps vue? I'm from Nebraska and looking into getting ps vue to watch sports. I was just trying to figure out if I will be able to watch all the oklahoma state games or if it's going to give me a blackout.
Whereabouts?? I just moved to Omaha last year. Don't know what ps vue is, but I got Fox Sports SW in my sports package with Dish and have gotten most if not all of the OSU stuff.

Sep 16, 2004
Houston, TX
We have enjoyed PS Vue. Compared it to Sling, Hulu Plus and DirecTV Now. It was priced well, had good selections, a decent cloud DVR function, and a good Apple TV app. Most of the streaming services offer a free trial. I’d recommend trying and comparing them.

FYI - We paid for a few months of DirecTV and got a free Apple TV (which was cheaper than buying an Apple TV by itself. Sometimes you can find good promotions like that.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
The best thing about these new services is that they are month to month, no contract services. You can try one for a month and then cancel if it’s not what you want. I first tried Vue and then canceled my subscription to try out Hulu. Both are pretty equal but I do like the interface of Hulu better on Amazon Fire. In another month or so I plan to try the YouTube offering. Using these services and OTA local broadcast we haven’t missed the $149 cable bill. I also use Plex with an external tuner to DVR the OTA broadcasts.

Apr 7, 2006
Ive had a streaming provider for about 18 months. I would never again consider cable or satellite as I’ve never found anything but savings and less hassle dealing with companies that consistently raise prices and are a pain to deal with if you want to change anything.

I have used SlingTV and PSVue and I have a ChannelMaster box which alows me to DVR OTA shows for the Mrs.
I’ve been pleased with PSVue. Depending on your personal channel preferences I would encourage you to also look at YoutubeTV. One thing worth noting is that with either, you have the option to use the WatchESPN app or the Fox Sports Go app- which in some cases allows me to watch games via Roku or Firestick that arent on my regular lineup. Fox Sports Oklahoma, for example, is not in the lineup but is in the app. The same is generally true with ESPN3.

May 29, 2007
Edmond, OK
I have had PS Vue for a couple years. Never been blacked out for OSU events. As others said, I sometimes have to access channels on FoxSports Go or ESPN apps.
MLB is another story, almost all Cardinals games are blacked out. Not crazy about the interface but it’s better than paying for cable.

Sep 16, 2004
Houston, TX
I have had PS Vue for a couple years. Never been blacked out for OSU events. As others said, I sometimes have to access channels on FoxSports Go or ESPN apps.
MLB is another story, almost all Cardinals games are blacked out. Not crazy about the interface but it’s better than paying for cable.
I agree on the interface. It’s a bit cumbersome to navigate. It isn’t a big deal when you know what you want to watch. But those times when you want to channel surf or browse your many DVR recordings can be frustrating.

Dec 19, 2012
I'm in Nebraska now too. I tried YouTube TV, and I really liked it. Like someone else said, try it for a month, if you don't like it, try YouTube TV.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
I did sling for the savings but it seems like watching live sports is a bit of a drag. For one there is a significant delay. Turn off ESPN notifications on your phone or it might spoil the ending if it’s close. Happened to me a couple times. Streaming sports also seemed a bit choppy and would lag then catch up. The only other issue I had is flipping back and forth between games is slow if you are wanting to watch more than 1 game. Hard to ignore $1200 annual savings though.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
...The only other issue I had is flipping back and forth between games is slow if you are wanting to watch more than 1 game. Hard to ignore $1200 annual savings though.
Really hoping that WatchESPN will eventually deliver multiview like Fox Sports Go.

View attachment 62052
Weird that is not available anymore. This is a feature they used to have at least on PC.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk