Proud to be an American

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 11, 2006
Cali - while I grant you that Dems today are much further left than the Dems of 20 years ago, you application of the term “radical lib” on Gabbard, IMO, is a vast mischaracterization.

Gabbard has openly spared with the ACLU, fought against onerous business regulations, she was one of the very few Dems that spoke positively about the fact Mueller did not find Russia/Trump collusion, she was openly critical of the DNC’s actions during the 2015/16 primary debates, she spoke against the libs religious bigotry of a Trump appointed judge, she made public her strong concerns about the Green New Deal, is one of the very few to support US-Israel relations, has voted with Republicans on immigration issues, voted for the NRA backed Vets for 2nd amendment protection act, and was one of the very first Dems to meet with Trump after the 2016 election.
Now is she perfect ... no. But your characterization of her is .... incorrect.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
I'll bite... now you're stupid.

feel better?

what an absolute jerk.

you could not let us make comments without you injecting yourself into a superiority contest of which poster most closely fit the only correct position - your position.

doctor don't operate on yourself... get some help. Please.

you clearly have some problem with message boards that you believe challenges your manhood.

were you beaten as a child? bullied in middle school? have you tried to get some professional help?

step back and take a look... it's past time to seek help
That is perfect. So, now that you have gotten past your charade of "it isn't personal, I'm just insulting your opinion" why don't we call a truce on nasty comments? I will only respond to your comments in an adult manner as I would if speaking to someone face to face ( So, "I don't agree with that" is perfect but "Duh, only an idiot would say..." not acceptable). First person to speak in a way that would be Trump on a debate stage not Reagan on a debate stage to the other proves to be the real jerk. I mean, if I really have all these deep emotional problems that you have diagnosed from afar, this should be the easiest thing in the world for you, right?

Are you up for it? I am. Or, is all of this just message board talk?

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Cali - while I grant you that Dems today are much further left than the Dems of 20 years ago, you application of the term “radical lib” on Gabbard, IMO, is a vast mischaracterization.

Gabbard has openly spared with the ACLU, fought against onerous business regulations, she was one of the very few Dems that spoke positively about the fact Mueller did not find Russia/Trump collusion, she was openly critical of the DNC’s actions during the 2015/16 primary debates, she spoke against the libs religious bigotry of a Trump appointed judge, she made public her strong concerns about the Green New Deal, is one of the very few to support US-Israel relations, has voted with Republicans on immigration issues, voted for the NRA backed Vets for 2nd amendment protection act, and was one of the very first Dems to meet with Trump after the 2016 election.
Now is she perfect ... no. But your characterization of her is .... incorrect.
here she is plotted on the chart of all House members.....

she is well entrenched with the whack-out left.... you said it yourself these Dems are not like those of even 20 years ago.... they are shifted left.

She is well toward the middle of the Dems, way left of all Independents and Republicans.

you seem to be arguing that her deadly stench is not as bad as some others - but either way, bottom line, the stench will kill us.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/tulsi_gabbard/412532

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
That is perfect. So, now that you have gotten past your charade of "it isn't personal, I'm just insulting your opinion" why don't we call a truce on nasty comments? I will only respond to your comments in an adult manner as I would if speaking to someone face to face ( So, "I don't agree with that" is perfect but "Duh, only an idiot would say..." not acceptable). First person to speak in a way that would be Trump on a debate stage not Reagan on a debate stage to the other proves to be the real jerk. I mean, if I really have all these deep emotional problems that you have diagnosed from afar, this should be the easiest thing in the world for you, right?

Are you up for it? I am. Or, is all of this just message board talk?
nooo.... I would prefer that you simply not make more ignorant statements, and if you do, that you don't get upset when you get called out for it.

I'm quite positive that speaking face-to-face to you would not be a different experience.

are you up for it? No more ignorance, or no nastiness from you when you get challenged?

or do you need this outlet to speak one way to people and another way when face-to-face?

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
nooo.... I would prefer that you simply not make more ignorant statements, and if you do, that you don't get upset when you get called out for it.

I'm quite positive that speaking face-to-face to you would not be a different experience.

are you up for it? No more ignorance, or no nastiness from you when you get challenged?

or do you need this outlet to speak one way to people and another way when face-to-face?
Ha, I knew you were way too big of a dickhead to ever agree to simply be nice without some caveat to get you out of the agreement when you became yourself again. Instead of my offer of simply agreeing to be nice, you want me to agree to let you decide if I make an "ignorant statement" and if I do that gives you the right to be your jerk self.

Sure, buddy, sure. Sounds like a legit way to do it.:derp::derp::derp:

I didn't think there was any chance that you could actually be a decent human being anyway. And, when I am blowing off steam it can be fun to turn you into such a raving lunatic that even the vast majority of the board that agrees with your politics can't agree with you. So, sure, we will leave it how it is.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Geographically there's an ocean. Politically there's North Korea.
Geographically you are right...politically you are wrong. North Korea is about as far "right" as one can go...which is way too far as both extremes are dangerous .

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Ha, I knew you were way too big of a dickhead to ever agree to simply be nice without some caveat to get you out of the agreement when you became yourself again. Instead of my offer of simply agreeing to be nice, you want me to agree to let you decide if I make an "ignorant statement" and if I do that gives you the right to be your jerk self.

Sure, buddy, sure. Sounds like a legit way to do it.:derp::derp::derp:

I didn't think there was any chance that you could actually be a decent human being anyway. And, when I am blowing off steam it can be fun to turn you into such a raving lunatic that even the vast majority of the board that agrees with your politics can't agree with you. So, sure, we will leave it how it is.
that's right Mr NameCaller.... I don't agree to your insane proposal, so I'm a dickhead.

figures - a dead fish is simply going to stink.

(oh, and the "vast majority of the board agrees with you"... wink, wink, wink - good one)

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Geographically there's an ocean. Politically there's North Korea.
Geographically you are right...politically you are wrong. North Korea is about as far "right" as one can go...which is way too far as both extremes are dangerous .
I'm not sure where you'd get the idea that North Korea is on the right in any way. To the right of normal conservatives who want less government would be libertarians who want even less government than Republicans so I'm not sure. You seem to be saying go to the right of libertarians and you get a dictatorship?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I'm not sure where you'd get the idea that North Korea is on the right in any way. To the right of normal conservatives who want less government would be libertarians who want even less government than Republicans so I'm not sure. You seem to be saying go to the right of libertarians and you get a dictatorship?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
They are a completely closed society because they don't want their people polluted with ideas like freedom, religion, and political dissent.

The definition of conservative is "to conserve." In some situations conservation can be a bad thing...i.e. A desire and want to conserve a bad status quo...in North Korea the status quo is Dictatorship. Right leaning people lean conservative so you can see where I'm going here. Liberal means to change or "liberate", left learners typically want change...in North Korea they are definitely not allowed to even want change more less so liberate, so are they not a "right" leaning as a government?

Conservatives in America want to conserve what we see as good laws...Liberals want to change what they see as bad laws and ways...Neither is right or wrong it just depends on the circumstance and how much power they garner on one side or another. We have created these buzz words (right/left, conservative/liberal) and they aren't really defined in our culture correctly.

While conservative right leaning leadership may be a good thing here at the present time, as may be liberal thought in a more rigid regime overseas, when given enough power and control BOTH ideologies can be extremely bad for freedom. Balance is key to government and life in general, North Korean will have none of that. Btw, in America we aren't very good as conservatives with environment conservation which is something we conservatives should be better at.. my point being words have meaning but the meaning of political buzz words changes based on situations.

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
that's right Mr NameCaller.... I don't agree to your insane proposal, so I'm a dickhead.

figures - a dead fish is simply going to stink.

(oh, and the "vast majority of the board agrees with you"... wink, wink, wink - good one)
Yes, me proposing essentially the golden rule of I won't be nasty to you and you won't be nasty to me is "insane" in your mind. Yep, pretty obvious for all to see.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Yes, me proposing essentially the golden rule of I won't be nasty to you and you won't be nasty to me is "insane" in your mind. Yep, pretty obvious for all to see.
nobody is fooled by your crap except you. I already explained it to you. I don't call anybody names unless they start calling me names - then the gloves are going to come off.

You once again accused me of something I don't do, asked me to agree to change something that I don't do, and then doubled down with the name calling when I wouldn't do what you wanted me to do.

It is all too obvious for all to see - you are bullying and badgering and now you're continuing to troll me and bait me.

I do not like your board behavior, and I am asking you to stop trolling me.

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
nobody is fooled by your crap except you. I already explained it to you. I don't call anybody names unless they start calling me names - then the gloves are going to come off.
Obviously @Rack was "fooled by my crap" as he liked it.

Well, you already agreed above that calling someone's thoughts and ideas a rude name is not any different than calling the person a name. And, you just said that you will not call me a name unless I do first. So, we will see how long that lasts.

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city

You once again accused me of something I don't do, asked me to agree to change something that I don't do, and then doubled down with the name calling when I wouldn't do what you wanted me to do.

It is all too obvious for all to see - you are bullying and badgering and now you're continuing to troll me and bait me.

I do not like your board behavior, and I am asking you to stop trolling me.
Any board behavior you get from me you have brought on yourself. Change your rude ways if you don't want rude in return. Don't post rude responses in threads I make if you don't want rude right back at you. That is responding, not "trolling." Look at someone like @Rack. We disagree on most everything. But, there is none of this. I look at your posts on the sports page, you are doing the exact same stuff there. It is you that causes this. Don't like it? Simple, change how you treat people or don't post. Don't think for a second that you get to be a condescending, inflammatory poster and not get it thrown right back in your face.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Obviously @Rack was "fooled by my crap" as he liked it.

Well, you already agreed above that calling someone's thoughts and ideas a rude name is not any different than calling the person a name. s.
I said the exact opposite of that.... calling their "posts" ignorant AND EXPLAINING WHAT IS IGNORANT about the post, is not calling someone a name. (except in your mind).

it says only that the statement, as presented, is ignorant of the actual facts and/or reality.

If you don't think a statement is ignorant, then you're free to explain why.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Any board behavior you get from me you have brought on yourself. Change your rude ways if you don't want rude in return. Don't post rude responses in threads I make if you don't want rude right back at you. That is responding, not "trolling." Look at someone like @Rack. We disagree on most everything. But, there is none of this. I look at your posts on the sports page, you are doing the exact same stuff there. It is you that causes this. Don't like it? Simple, change how you treat people or don't post. Don't think for a second that you get to be a condescending, inflammatory poster and not get it thrown right back in your face.
ya just can't quit badgering me.

I asked you to leave me alone, but you just won't quit trolling.

please stop with your personal attacks. This is the 2nd direct request.

I have no interest in what you think of me. Please stick to the subject matter.

I simply will not tolerate you continuing to badger me and then try to bully me into believing that you're a victim and everything is my fault.

Victim is not a good look for you.