Proud to be an American

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
The Presidential election is binary but the primaries are not. My point was the Republicans had many superior candidates from which to choose but you allowed trump to bully his way to the nomination. This business of "lesser of the evils" is bogus...you chose the lesser to be your candidate. Own it.
The Republican party rebelled against the Republican leadership in DC because they suck. Regardless of the flawed man that came out of the process, it was still better than just letting the party suck ass so bad and keep nominating the career politician they wanted us to year after year after year. Screw that....if it takes a Trump or two to take back the party, then so be it. I just wish the Dems were as committed to taking back their sucky party as the Reps have been, even if it means a few less qualified candidates from time to time, I believe it's better in the long run considering the trend we've seen in DC the last 30 years there the politicians did nothing but acquire more power and more wealth for their themselves and their party and their buddies. What's the old saying about banging your head against a brick wall? We need to shake things up.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
You still can't run away from the fact that the Feds provide the source for the water of Las Vegas from Lake Mead. Without it, Las Vegas would not have been able to skyrocket in population, proving Hoover Dam was also built in a major way to provide a vitally needed source of water for future economic growth.
so.

your point is stupid. Some projects are legitimate "infrastructure" projects that require the efforts of Government (because they are not profitable enough for private sector).

The transcontinental railroad, hoover dam, interstate highways, are examples of ONE TIME infrastructure projects that require ONE TIME funding.

the point that should be made is that billions of dollars for a Trump bailout that he wants to call "infrastructure" is not needed and not useful. It is theft.

I would be okay with a project to fix our electrical grid and make it safe from EMPs - that's a project that I can get behind and define the benefits of the effort.

Some "infrastructure" is okay - always will be - but it needs to be defined and specific; like building the Hoover dam.

Mar 11, 2006
The Presidential election is binary but the primaries are not. My point was the Republicans had many superior candidates from which to choose but you allowed trump to bully his way to the nomination. This business of "lesser of the evils" is bogus...you chose the lesser to be your candidate. Own it.
No, I chose between Hillary and Trump. It wasn’t a tough selection. And if I have to choose between Trump and Warren/Sanders/Booker it won’t be tough again.
Now if Dem Party doesn’t go full extreme left and Gabbard win nomination... then it becomes interesting.

Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
No, I chose between Hillary and Trump. It wasn’t a tough selection. And if I have to choose between Trump and Warren/Sanders/Booker it won’t be tough again.
Now if Dem Party doesn’t go full extreme left and Gabbard win nomination... then it becomes interesting.
Gabbard is full extreme left.

Gabbard has faced blowback for an unannounced 2017 visit with Syrian President Bashar Assad

she is from freaking Hawaii - nuff said

The environment-focused Sierra Club and League of Conservation Voters, labor unions such as the AFL-CIO, Planned Parenthood and National Nurses United have all given Gabbard, a three-term congresswoman, their blessing

At the height of the hotly contested Democratic presidential primary, Gabbard resigned from her position as the vice-chair of the Democratic National Committee and endorsed the insurgent candidate Bernie Sanders.

“She has been an ardent supporter of many of the issues in our People’s Platform: Medicare for All, transitioning to clean renewable energy, criminal justice reform, and making Wall Street pay their fair share,” the group said in a statement.

Mar 11, 2006
Gabbard is full extreme left.

Gabbard has faced blowback for an unannounced 2017 visit with Syrian President Bashar Assad

she is from freaking Hawaii - nuff said

The environment-focused Sierra Club and League of Conservation Voters, labor unions such as the AFL-CIO, Planned Parenthood and National Nurses United have all given Gabbard, a three-term congresswoman, their blessing

At the height of the hotly contested Democratic presidential primary, Gabbard resigned from her position as the vice-chair of the Democratic National Committee and endorsed the insurgent candidate Bernie Sanders.

“She has been an ardent supporter of many of the issues in our People’s Platform: Medicare for All, transitioning to clean renewable energy, criminal justice reform, and making Wall Street pay their fair share,” the group said in a statement.
She is sane and level-headed. Which cannot be said for most of he Dem primary candidates. Watch her interview on the Tucker Carlson show last week. She is impressive.

Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
She is sane and level-headed. Which cannot be said for most of he Dem primary candidates. Watch her interview on the Tucker Carlson show last week. She is impressive.
oh boy...

she is a nut-job.... plain and simple crazy nut.

Six minutes into the Tucker Carlson interview Tulsi accuses Netanyahu and KSA of trying to start a war between Iran and the US .

let me repeat - SHE IS FROM HAWAII

(hint - there is nothing left of Hawaii - figuratively and literally)

Obama didn't sound like a nut either - but clearly he was far worse then even Hillary, or Sanders or any of rest that he ran against.

That's why held my nose and voted for GOP lackey's McCain (Ted Kennedy's buddy) and Romni (chief architect of Romni-care).

The left has nobody that should be considered over Trump (maybe the Billionaire, but he hasn't said much yet)

Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
oh boy...

Six minutes into the Tucker Carlson interview Tulsi accuses Netanyahu and KSA of trying to start a war between Iran and the US .

Obama didn't sound like a nut either - but clearly he was far worse then even Hillary, or Sanders or any of rest that he ran against.

That's why held my nose and voted for GOP lackey's McCain (Ted Kennedy's buddy) and Romni (chief architect of Romni-care).

The left has nobody that should be considered over Trump (maybe the Billionaire, but he hasn't said much yet)
Good lord, if she is extreme left, what would extreme right be to you?

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
There most definitely are excuses and they are the other names on the ballot. The Dems nominated Hillary so we were going to get an individual of low morals, integrity and decency no matter who won the the 2016 general election. We can blame the respective parties all day long for giving us those two candidates but it won't change the fact that those were our two options and the lesser of two evils won. I personally couldn't bring myself to vote for Trump even then, but I had the benefit of knowing that he would win Oklahoma so I voted Libertarian.

And neither party has learned from 2016, the Dems are going to give us another crap candidate and I have no doubt that if the Reps were holding a primary next year, they would be giving us crap candidates as well. Next year, unlike 16, the complete insanity of the left is kind of forcing my hand.....I will vote for Trump in 20 without a second thought and I say there is no acceptable excuse for electing who ever comes out of the Dem primary even knowing the flaws that Trump has.
Just curious, who would be a "not crap" candidate but a democrat? (anyone, not just nominees)

Last edited:

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
oh boy...

Hehehe, the clear difference between a reasonable person that happens to be conservative and a person that is so far off the deep end that everything reasonable is too far away to even distinguish.

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
I agree. While I like Yang because I like the UBI and I like that he is an entrepreneur, a capitalist, and wants to see government measured in KPIs with laws automatically removed that are not useful, Gabbard is interesting too. And, that is about it. None of the others really interest me. Buttegieg initially but the more I hear from him he seems to be the white, gay Obama. Lots of nice, uplifting words without much actual meat behind them.

The unfortunate thing of running as a dem is that in primary season they all have to shift to the left to wrap up the base. I would like to hear Gabbard in the general and not the primaries to see where she really fits.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Good lord, if she is extreme left, what would extreme right be to you?
extreme right does not exist. It is such a small group of out casts that it essentially does not exist - except in the minds of the leftist oppressors.

What are you talking about, the 10 people in a Kansas church? A handful of skinhead bigots in a few States?

There is no "far right", what you're describing is essentially "we the people" that don't want your marxist central government control and intrusion in everything and every freedom that we have.

the rest of that stuff you're simply making up - there is not enough of anything that you're claiming to even merit comment

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
why are you always trying to pick fights with everyone?
That is one of the few times that you have posted in response to something I wrote that didn’t start with something unnecessarily inflammatory like “actually nooo.....” or "duh" or "that is nonsense/ignorant/WRONG" and so on and so on.

You should continue the martyr thing. It is becoming. You reap what you sow.

Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
That is one of the few times that you have posted in response to something I wrote that didn’t start with something unnecessarily inflammatory like “actually nooo.....” or "duh" or "that is nonsense/ignorant/WRONG" and so on and so on.

You should continue the martyr thing. It is becoming. You reap what you sow.
you just can't help yourself, can you?

always going out of your way to make things personal.

I don't know who you are, I don't care who you are, and I do not make statements to intentionally disparage you as an individual.

If a STATEMENT that you make fits, those descriptors, then it is what it is, and I have no idea why you would take it personally.

If you always make ignorant statements, then perhaps you should explain why they are not so ignorant (because I always say what is lacking).

Nonsense, ignorant and wrong are not derogatory - Stupid would be, because you can't fix stupid.

if you want to discuss issues and positions, then I'm all in, and if I can't say where I think you're wrong and why, then it won't ever be much more than you preaching from a bully pulpit, and I don't think that's what you want.

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
you just can't help yourself, can you?

always going out of your way to make things personal.

I don't know who you are, I don't care who you are, and I do not make statements to intentionally disparage you as an individual.

If a STATEMENT that you make fits, those descriptors, then it is what it is, and I have no idea why you would take it personally.

If you always make ignorant statements, then perhaps you should explain why they are not so ignorant (because I always say what is lacking).

Nonsense, ignorant and wrong are not derogatory - Stupid would be, because you can't fix stupid.

if you want to discuss issues and positions, then I'm all in, and if I can't say where I think you're wrong and why, then it won't ever be much more than you preaching from a bully pulpit, and I don't think that's what you want.
And, just like that, HE'S BACK!!!!!

If you somehow think your little semantic game of "I'm not calling you an idiot, I'm just calling what you are saying idiotic" has any bearing in the way humans take things in interpersonal communication, just go to the mall, find a woman with a huge man, and say to her that her clothes appear slutty. Now, you can stand your ground as he pummels you that you did NOT call her a slut, that you only were commenting on the clothes. And, just like here, after you leave the hospital you can wonder why in the world they would take that personally when you did not say anything personal. :derp::derp::derp:

(BTW, the :derp::derp::derp: is about what you said, not you, of course. I'm sure you won't take that personally.)

Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
And, just like that, HE'S BACK!!!!!

If you somehow think your little semantic game of "I'm not calling you an idiot, I'm just calling what you are saying idiotic" has any bearing in the way humans take things in interpersonal communication, just go to the mall, find a woman with a huge man, and say to her that her clothes appear slutty. Now, you can stand your ground as he pummels you that you did NOT call her a slut, that you only were commenting on the clothes. And, just like here, after you leave the hospital you can wonder why in the world they would take that personally when you did not say anything personal. :derp::derp::derp:

(BTW, the :derp::derp::derp: is about what you said, not you, of course. I'm sure you won't take that personally.)
I'll bite... now you're stupid.

feel better?

what an absolute jerk.

you could not let us make comments without you injecting yourself into a superiority contest of which poster most closely fit the only correct position - your position.

doctor don't operate on yourself... get some help. Please.

you clearly have some problem with message boards that you believe challenges your manhood.

were you beaten as a child? bullied in middle school? have you tried to get some professional help?

step back and take a look... it's past time to seek help

Jun 18, 2010
I'll bite... now you're stupid.

feel better?

what an absolute jerk.

you could not let us make comments without you injecting yourself into a superiority contest of which poster most closely fit the only correct position - your position.

doctor don't operate on yourself... get some help. Please.

you clearly have some problem with message boards that you believe challenges your manhood.

were you beaten as a child? bullied in middle school? have you tried to get some professional help?

step back and take a look... it's past time to seek help
Better go look in the mirror.

Jun 18, 2010
oh boy...

And you're from California. Is there anything left of you?