Proud to be an American

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 11, 2006
Republicans had several qualified candidates from which to chose who were not as repugnant as trump, yet they allowed him to hijack the brand, the election and the presidency. And while the Dems are far from perfect, there is no acceptable excuse for electing an individual as void of morals, integrity and decency as trump. I am not a Democrat but I believe I am a fair-minded, clear-thinking, God fearing American who knows the difference between right and wrong. Most Okies consider themselves to be God fearing, as well, yet they support a President who faces multiple law suits from women claiming abuse, tax evasion, obstruction of justice, violation of the constitution and possible impeachment. How can your support for such an individual be justified? Oh, wait...there's always the economy. The booming economy built on reduced taxes for corporations and the wealthy that is draining the US treasury and driving us deeper and deeper in debt. No surprise there, since trump told us in the campaign how much he loved debt (says the guy who bankrupted 9 companies, leaving his creditors holding the bag). I guess if he bankrupts America it will be the crowing jewel in his fake hair do.
And as I mentioned the Presidential election is basically binary. The other candidate was Hillary Clinton. Who, in the opinion of many, is much worse than Trump... plus supported policies that many Oklahomans disagree with.

It is going to occur again if the Dems march out someone like Warren or Sanders.

Last edited:

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Those are grants that recipients (municipalities) have to apply for. My statement is 100% valid
Nobody said your statement wasn't valid. What I said is that he was talking about funding, ie affording, and the Feds do help fund it. Your smartass addition was a valid assessment of who is responsible to supply local water. But it was also an irrelevant sidebar to his point about where he thinks federal funding should go.

Well water often tastes better than municipal water. Hint: that would be another example of a valid statement about water supplies that still doesn't affect his point.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
I think more people would be proud to be an American if we stopped spending trillions of dollars in Regime change wars in countries that protect American economic interests and invested that money in our own people and infrastructure. It would also be a more efficient use of American goodwill and less military casualties and a lower VA funding obligation for the future.

I find it hard to accept that we can afford a hundred thousand troops to Iran, but can't get clean water to Flint, public schools open five days and affordable medications for our most vulnerable citizens. I will credit Trump for starting to work on the affordability of medication, before seemingly undoing all his work in a tantrum with Democrats.
complete confusion of ideas and concepts and facts, like these, really concern me about the future of our freedom.

you have completely confused and commingled the very different concepts of self-government, and federated governance

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
The Bible is clear regarding the subject of pride: "Pride goeth before destruction and a haughty spirit before the fall." Proverbs 16:18. I will never understand how the religious right could be so solidly supportive of the least Godly President to ever occupy the White House. If anyone on this board can explain this...kindly enlighten me.
it's simple.... nobody on the entire plant looks to The President of the United States for moral or religious guidance.

We have a government that separates its functionality from religion... I'm at a complete loss as to why you don't understand these fundamental concepts.

Jul 28, 2011
Reno NV
it's simple.... nobody on the entire plant looks to The President of the United States for moral or religious guidance.

We have a government that separates its functionality from religion... I'm at a complete loss as to why you don't understand these fundamental concepts.
"I'm at a complete loss..." pretty much describes every post you make, cc. Your posts regularly dilute the intellect and maturity of the otherwise thoughtful, respectful contributors on this board. Kindly cease.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
there is no acceptable excuse for electing an individual as void of morals, integrity and decency as trump.
There most definitely are excuses and they are the other names on the ballot. The Dems nominated Hillary so we were going to get an individual of low morals, integrity and decency no matter who won the the 2016 general election. We can blame the respective parties all day long for giving us those two candidates but it won't change the fact that those were our two options and the lesser of two evils won. I personally couldn't bring myself to vote for Trump even then, but I had the benefit of knowing that he would win Oklahoma so I voted Libertarian.

And neither party has learned from 2016, the Dems are going to give us another crap candidate and I have no doubt that if the Reps were holding a primary next year, they would be giving us crap candidates as well. Next year, unlike 16, the complete insanity of the left is kind of forcing my hand.....I will vote for Trump in 20 without a second thought and I say there is no acceptable excuse for electing who ever comes out of the Dem primary even knowing the flaws that Trump has.

Last edited:

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008
"I'm at a complete loss..." pretty much describes every post you make, cc. Your posts regularly dilute the intellect and maturity of the otherwise thoughtful, respectful contributors on this board. Kindly cease.
My my, the liberal arrogance really stinks! A legend in your own mind. :facepalm:

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
There most definitely are excuses and they are the other names on the ballot. The Dems nominated Hillary so we were going to get an individual of low morals, integrity and decency no matter who won the the 2016 general election. We can blame the respective parties all day long for giving us those two candidates but it won't change the fact that those were our two options and the lesser of two evils won. I personally couldn't bring myself to vote for Trump even then, but I had the benefit of knowing that he would win Oklahoma so I voted Libertarian.

And neither party has learned from 2016, the Dems are going to give us another crap candidate and I have no doubt that if the Reps were holding a primary next year, they would be giving us crap candidates as well. Next year, unlike 16, the complete insanity of the left is kind of forcing my hand.....I will vote for Trump in 20 without a second thought and I say there is no acceptable excuse for electing who ever comes out of the Dem primary even knowing the flaws that Trump has.
This. :thumbup:

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
Republicans had several qualified candidates from which to chose who were not as repugnant as trump, yet they allowed him to hijack the brand, the election and the presidency. And while the Dems are far from perfect, there is no acceptable excuse for electing an individual as void of morals, integrity and decency as trump. I am not a Democrat but I believe I am a fair-minded, clear-thinking, God fearing American who knows the difference between right and wrong. Most Okies consider themselves to be God fearing, as well, yet they support a President who faces multiple law suits from women claiming abuse, tax evasion, obstruction of justice, violation of the constitution and possible impeachment. How can your support for such an individual be justified? Oh, wait...there's always the economy. The booming economy built on reduced taxes for corporations and the wealthy that is draining the US treasury and driving us deeper and deeper in debt. No surprise there, since trump told us in the campaign how much he loved debt (says the guy who bankrupted 9 companies, leaving his creditors holding the bag). I guess if he bankrupts America it will be the crowing jewel in his fake hair do.
1562506371294.png

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
I can't dumb it down any further for you pal.... maybe somebody else can try

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
The Bible is clear regarding the subject of pride: "Pride goeth before destruction and a haughty spirit before the fall." Proverbs 16:18. I will never understand how the religious right could be so solidly supportive of the least Godly President to ever occupy the White House. If anyone on this board can explain this...kindly enlighten me.
Do you think Artexeres was a particularly Godly man? Do you think Nebuchadnezzar was Godly? God uses all kinds of people to get the job done, often with them thinking it's their idea.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Our country is polluted with “pride” in the immoral and ungodly, heck we just finished a whole month dedicated to it...we get what we deserve and I’m worried about the next one being even worse. That being said this president at least claims to be pro life and the other candidate definitely wasn’t...pretty easy choice for Christians, despite his major flaws, considering that fact..

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005

I agree with that, but I'll say the same thing I said about Clinton. If you're comfortable breaking your vows to the person you are supposed to be closest to on the planet, you're probably pretty comfortable breaking promises, and lying to, voters.

I don't dislike Trump as much as many, but I trust your average car dealer more.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
I agree with that, but I'll say the same thing I said about Clinton. If you're comfortable breaking your vows to the person you are supposed to be closest to on the planet, you're probably pretty comfortable breaking promises, and lying to, voters.

I don't dislike Trump as much as many, but I trust your average car dealer more.
all true.... but the poster was asking about God and Religious people.... Trump did not stand and swear before God that he would not lie to me, that's for dang sure. (versus a spouse that takes vows before God to love and cherish, etc.).

Trump has actually tried to do what he said he was going to do, and he was very up front about what he was going to try and do.... build a wall, fix our trade deals, lower our taxes, reduce regulations, etc.

unlike the Democrats that have been president recently they promise "hope and change" and "fundamental transformation", and don't bother to tell us what that even means. Well Obama delivered it alright, but it was much, much, much worse than I could have ever imagined it would be.... he said he would be transparent, and work together and across the aisle, and all the other flat out lies he promised us....

I trust Trump more than a car dealer, because he is not trying to sell us anything... and much more than King Barack who was nothing more than a snake oil salesman.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater

There is still no way I'll vote for Trump in 2020. I'll simply vote Libertarian, again if Democrats don't come up with anyone suitable. Seriously, I don't see how any of you can vote for someone who has been accused of raping a 13 year old. Would you trust your young daughter alone with Trump? I hope not.

Jul 28, 2011
Reno NV
And as I mentioned the Presidential election is basically binary. The other candidate was Hillary Clinton. Who, in the opinion of many, is much worse than Trump... plus supported policies that many Oklahomans disagree with.

It is going to occur again if the Dems march out someone like Warren or Sanders.
The Presidential election is binary but the primaries are not. My point was the Republicans had many superior candidates from which to choose but you allowed trump to bully his way to the nomination. This business of "lesser of the evils" is bogus...you chose the lesser to be your candidate. Own it.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
The Presidential election is binary but the primaries are not. My point was the Republicans had many superior candidates from which to choose but you allowed trump to bully his way to the nomination. This business of "lesser of the evils" is bogus...you chose the lesser to be your candidate. Own it.
You have no point. You are so full of shit. You chose the lesser candidate, the loser Hillary. You idiots ran the only candidate Trump could beat. What a group of morons. My investments have increased over 45% in the last 2.5 years. Yours? Your candidates this year are as full of shit as your are and will get abused in the election with all the anti-American free shit garbage being spewed by them. You just need to grab your ankles and prepare to take it like the bit@ # u are. You're a poor excuse of a troll and an ideological fool.

Lol! Quote me some more scripture Judas, you phony hypocrite.

Last edited:

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
complete confusion of ideas and concepts and facts, like these, really concern me about the future of our freedom.

you have completely confused and commingled the very different concepts of self-government, and federated governance
So what are you attempting to point out? That it isn't the responsibility of federal tax dollars to be invested in people and infrastructure, because it robs from your freedom? One measurement of freedom is determined by amount of taxation. The less money you give to government in taxes the more freedom you have?