Pro Day

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 11, 2016
Oklahoma City
Pro Day is today. Just wanted to start a thread so we can keep tabs on the action. Looks like Mark Cooper is sending out some tweets.

https://twitter.com/mark_cooperjr/status/1105478896890400768

https://twitter.com/mark_cooperjr/status/1105486134849736705

https://twitter.com/mark_cooperjr/status/1105488358153863168

Oct 30, 2007
I haven't heard any official times released, but the unofficial 40 times for Tyron Johnson are 4.36 & 4.34. Hopefully that will help boost his draft stock.

Mar 31, 2011
Josh Stewart catching passes is interesting. Five years after he left early to declare for the draft! It seems like he had an injury after being an undrafted free agent...I wonder how he ended up back at OSU catching passes on Pro Day? Jenni Carlson, take it away...

Also, do we think Corndog is going to make an NFL roster? If so, wow, what an achievement!

Philranger

Territorial Marshal
Oct 6, 2010
Owasso
Josh Stewart catching passes is interesting. Five years after he left early to declare for the draft! It seems like he had an injury after being an undrafted free agent...I wonder how he ended up back at OSU catching passes on Pro Day? Jenni Carlson, take it away...

Also, do we think Corndog is going to make an NFL roster? If so, wow, what an achievement!
Make a roster? No. Potentially get an invite to a training camp though.

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
Make a roster? Maybe.
6’6” 240 with 4.64 forty and a 38.5” vertical. He might get looked at for a different position than QB.
they'll look at him after his measurables........ TE possibly

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Thank you for sharing Mark's tweets yesterday. Here's a few additional ones from Bill Haisten...

For those of you with the sound turned off, I promise that this is not a video of a screeching fire alarm sound (until about 0:20), but rather, the robotic voice of the fire alarm at GIA:

Bill also wrote about Taylor's outstanding pro day performance (also includes video interview with Taylor interview afterward):

After having been measured at 6-5½ and 224 pounds, Taylor Cornelius stunned the scouts first with a 38-inch vertical leap.

“That’s the first time I’ve hit that number,” he reported.

During the recent NFL combine, no quarterback jumped higher than 34½ inches.

The next surprise occurred on the turf of the Sherman E. Smith Training Center, where Cornelius and other former Cowboys ran 40-yard sprints.

Before he ran, Cornelius believed his 40 time would be in the neighborhood of 4.8 seconds. He responded with a 4.67 that would have ranked fifth among quarterbacks at the combine.

The OSU indoor facility was golf-tournament quiet as Cornelius was 33-of-42 passing. He really missed on only three attempts. When a Kansas City Chiefs scout requested extra practice time with Cowboys wide receiver Tyron Johnson, Cornelius was sharp on sideline and comeback routes.

“Cornelius was on point,” Johnson said. “I feel like he helped me a lot. I saw a pro today. He made NFL throws. He put it on the money.

“I didn’t have to do much to catch the ball. Just put my hands out. He was a pro today, for sure.”
Mark also recapped Pro Day here...

Cornelius stood out for his vertical and 40-time. Defensive end Jarrell Owens registered an impressive 39-inch vertical as well.

But no one helped his case as much as Tyron Johnson.

The New Orleans native left school with a year of eligibility remaining after finishing the 2018 season strong. He caught 53 passes for 845 yards and seven touchdowns as a junior.

His career ended with his best game: seven receptions, 141 yards and two touchdowns in a Liberty Bowl victory over Memphis.

“I felt like I was ready,” he said. “I felt like I know myself and I know I'll go do what it takes to get drafted and to make a team and I was ready for it.”
Finally, here's a gallery of photos from OSU Pro Day.

Jun 11, 2016
Oklahoma City
Thank you for sharing Mark's tweets yesterday. Here's a few additional ones from Bill Haisten...

For those of you with the sound turned off, I promise that this is not a video of a screeching fire alarm sound (until about 0:20), but rather, the robotic voice of the fire alarm at GIA:

Bill also wrote about Taylor's outstanding pro day performance (also includes video interview with Taylor interview afterward):

Mark also recapped Pro Day here...

Finally, here's a gallery of photos from OSU Pro Day.
We appreciate Mark's coverage. Great guy that is also insightful and always up to speed on events.