Private Donation ups Owasso Police force armory

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Lynn and Barbara Owens made a private donation today to the City of Owasso. The $31,000 donation will be used by the police force to purchase 30 Colt M-4 rifles with mounted flashlights

The money will let every Owasso police officer have one of these guns in their patrol cars...including the School resource officers who are stationed at the public schools.

http://www.newson6.com/story/206605...-rifles?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
The populace in Owasso must be getting insecure over gun toting criminals there, including the insane.
Owass had their first Murder since 2005 a few weeks back..which was a shooting

less than a week later another person was shot and killed in a domestic dispute

Late last year a man walked into a Kum & Go with a .22 rifle to try to rob the place...a police officer pulled into the station to get gas and saw the man with the rifle. When he went into the store the man pointed the rifle at him and the police officer shot him.

with 3 shooting incidents in the city in the last 10-12 months...I would say you might be right about that

kulanapan

Territorial Marshal
Nov 27, 2012
Dallas
cafehayek.com
That is a bizarre notion to me, that people would willingly donate their wealth to the increase of government power. Unless it somehow increased their own power or wealth, of course.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
That is a bizarre notion to me, that people would willingly donate their wealth to the increase of government power. Unless it somehow increased their own power or wealth, of course.
Even at a low level like city police? Just curious....

I figured you would support this type of donation at the lower levels of government.

Slugger926

Federal Marshal
Oct 19, 2004
I would feel more comfortable if they gave the guns to the school nurses over the school resource officers.

kulanapan

Territorial Marshal
Nov 27, 2012
Dallas
cafehayek.com
Even at a low level like city police? Just curious....

I figured you would support this type of donation at the lower levels of government.
I don't support any donation to government. They already seize assets at a rate that should be enough to fund their proper duty. Most people paying taxes are already paying around 50% of what they earn. That someone would willingly go beyond that is just strange. Government is not a charity, nor is it in any way charitable.

If these people were concerned that their police force didn't have the resources to fight crime and bring justice, then they should get involved in their local government, and make sure that a vote is held and that a consensus is reached.

What if other members of the community don't agree that the police need more firepower? What if a majority of the community doesn't agree the police need more firepower?

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
If they want to make a donation to the place I work I would greatly appreciate it. :p

If they'd like to make a donation to the "private security force" that guards the jakeman compound, I'd appreciate that as well.

Someone hit them up about that! ;)

MSteph57

Territorial Marshal
Aug 14, 2008
Near enemy territory.
If they'd like to make a donation to the "private security force" that guards the jakeman compound, I'd appreciate that as well.

Someone hit them up about that! ;)
Is the JSF hiring? I want a second job so I can have some walking around money. Gator wants some walking around money so he can by some shoes!!!

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
Is the JSF hiring? I want a second job so I can have some walking around money. Gator wants some walking around money so he can by some shoes!!!
Not currently hiring, it's a static force of one, me, and I don't think I could afford medical insurance for any more people.

Oct 29, 2011
As a person who hails from Owasso, this is not shocking at all. The amount of people we have complain that the safety in our "safe haven" is disappearing this isn't shocking news to me at all. I did read an article in our local paper couple months back that crime is rising and the police believe its because of the Tulsa criminals and gangs expanding their boundaries to Owasso. Our police force has always been kinda of a joke and now with these, well they might get some more respect.

MSteph57

Territorial Marshal
Aug 14, 2008
Near enemy territory.
As a person who hails from Owasso, this is not shocking at all. The amount of people we have complain that the safety in our "safe haven" is disappearing this isn't shocking news to me at all. I did read an article in our local paper couple months back that crime is rising and the police believe its because of the Tulsa criminals and gangs expanding their boundaries to Owasso. Our police force has always been kinda of a joke and now with these, well they might get some more respect.
Didn't you guys just hire a new police chief?