President's House Demolished.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 8, 2004
Chicagoland
My daughter just graduted from OSU and, on her way out of town, drove up Washington and noticed that the president's residence had been torn down! Anybody know what's up? Are they building a new one? Seems that this is being done on the down-low, interestingly.

snuffy

Free Harambe!
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
Wow, Hargis took over they made plans for a new for two reasons. One was they wanted a place in walking distance to campus to host fundraisers and events; the other was the Brady bunch style architecture the old one was built with. I thought, but I am not sure, the plan was for the new one to be where Farmhouse was and they were getting a new house, but that was close to ten years ago or more.

Sep 8, 2004
Chicagoland
Wow, Hargis took over they made plans for a new for two reasons. One was they wanted a place in walking distance to campus to host fundraisers and events; the other was the Brady bunch style architecture the old one was built with. I thought, but I am not sure, the plan was for the new one to be where Farmhouse was and they were getting a new house, but that was close to ten years ago or more.
FarmHouse did get a new house a few years ago, but the new power plant now sits on that lot. Not sure that there is any other suitable lot close to campus now. Wonder where Burns is living now that the house is gone?

Jul 10, 2009
Stillwater, OK
New house will be built in the same location as the old. The old one had a lot of issues with infrastructure, was not ADA compliant and generally didn't serve the needs of a University president. The Hargis' are living in another house not far away for the time being.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
FarmHouse did get a new house a few years ago, but the new power plant now sits on that lot. Not sure that there is any other suitable lot close to campus now. Wonder where Burns is living now that the house is gone?
Maybe he's living at the Atherton?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk