Predictions for Texas Game

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Did you watch The Tulsa game Saturday?
OSU had to switch sides of the field with Green because he kept getting burned by TU's receiver. The announcers pointed that out during the game.
Peel gets burned all the time also.
I love the way Rodrigues plays, but he just isn't big enough to play linebacker against the better teams OSU will play and he isn't fast enough to play safety.
Also, I know what bad defense looks like, I am an OU fan.
Yes I was at the Tulsa game...sweating like a...yet those guys both made big plays in the game Peel maybe the best defensive play to force a turnover on downs when TU was threating to score. I'm not saying our defense is world beaters...but it's NOT ou bad. ;-)

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
I just hope the game stays competitive and Texas doesnt jam the ball down our throats. They have not won since 2008 in Austin. Guaranteed, they circled this game on the calendar. If we dont come to play. This could get uguly.
We sure as hell can't have another 2nd quarter like we did in Tulsa...

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I just hope the game stays competitive and Texas doesnt jam the ball down our throats. They have not won since 2008 in Austin. Guaranteed, they circled this game on the calendar. If we dont come to play. This could get uguly.
Why would we "not come to play?" It's Texas...the ultimate overhyped team annually...the team that dissed most of our players and didn't think they were good enough for offers...I'm nearly certain we will "come to play." btw, "uguly" isn't a term I'm familiar with?

Nov 21, 2018
Amelia Island, FL
If we line up in our 3-man defensive front (vomit)....I think TX runs the ball all day and keeps our offense on the sideline. That won’t work out in our favor. But if we can get creative upfront and come up with a few stops, I think we win. Just need the D to force 2-3 punts each half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 16, 2012
I do think we'll see the TE's used more against Texas. With them keying on Chuba and Wallace, that should be open all night. And I do think that is one area we've intentionally kept off film to save for this game. You may remember last year against Texas we went to Jelani Woods for a critical TD, and it was wide open.
To be fair, we did go to a TE/CB once in the Oregon State game. We all want to forget it because he was wide open with the potential for a 60+ yard TD....and he dropped it.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Why would we "not come to play?" It's Texas...the ultimate overhyped team annually...the team that dissed most of our players and didn't think they were good enough for offers...I'm nearly certain we will "come to play." btw, "uguly" isn't a term I'm familiar with?
I heard that not one of our players from Texas received an offer from ut

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Aug 16, 2012
OK, tell me who on our D would play for LSU. Green maybe?? And this is not so much a slight on our guys as much as it is an understanding that LSU has some serious DUDES on that side. They recruit VERY well on D, and we've had to move a safety to LB just to get two LB's on the field due to injuries. Now on offense, I'll take our guys against LSU, we'd have plenty play and start for them. Defense is another matter this year.
I surely hope you are kidding.

Aug 16, 2012
Yes I was at the Tulsa game...sweating like a...yet those guys both made big plays in the game Peel maybe the best defensive play to force a turnover on downs when TU was threating to score. I'm not saying our defense is world beaters...but it's NOT ou bad. ;-)
So the guy makes a play. What about all the ones he screwed up on? Admit it, there are many. Our secondary was supposed to be the strength of the defense. Is it?

Nov 6, 2010
If we line up in our 3-man defensive front (vomit)....I think TX runs the ball all day and keeps our offense on the sideline. That won’t work out in our favor. But if we can get creative upfront and come up with a few stops, I think we win. Just need the D to force 2-3 punts each half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are a bit depleted at RB, so maybe not. IMO, their best RB is the converted quarterback, I believe #2. However, he has a tendency to try to do too much, so that may lead to a fumble or two. It's all about Ellinger IMO.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
You specifically called out THIS SEASON so that was all I was addressing. But if you think we have not thrown an underneath route since Monken left then we can just stop discussing this as you must not have been watching our games...
Ok, maybe we've thrown a handful. But we have specifically avoided the middle of the field for years, now. Ever since Yurcich started. And people on this board keep saying it's because the defense is clogging up the middle passing lanes. Year after year after year, somehow all of our opponents magically take away an entire 1/3rd of the field. Every game. It's uncanny.

One could almost surmise that we just don't try to utilize that part of the field on offense. But nah.....its more likely that every single opponent we've faced since 2013 has completely neutralized our middle passing game.

Last edited: