Predict the Score: OSU vs Boise St

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2006
:facepalm: He said that he had seen our new defense for years. He certainly didn’t see the 4-2-5 at OSU so he must have been alluding to somewhere else. TCU and Duke were the two places where I knew it had been used.
4-2-5 guru Bill Clay ran it at OSU while defensive coordinator.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
:facepalm: He said that he had seen our new defense for years. He certainly didn’t see the 4-2-5 at OSU so he must have been alluding to somewhere else. TCU and Duke were the two places where I knew it had been used.
4-2-5 guru Bill Clay ran it at OSU while defensive coordinator.
It should help our running game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Dude,
SA slowed themselves down lat week - do you recall how many of their receivers dropped critical passes, with NO ONE near them
That's because our safeties had hit them hard already on the crossing routes and the we're looking for Tabo and Rodriguez to light them up again

Jun 11, 2016
Oklahoma City
Boise State: 48
OSU: 17

I think reality is getting ready to slap us in the face. Go ahead, down-vote my post; call me what you will. We've relied on the deep ball for so long, that it has masked the fact that an accurate deep ball is our "Vince Young/Colt McCoy" savior aka deep ball made-up for bad defenses and way below average o-line play (without Young and McCoy, Texas sucks. Without the deep ball, our offenses would've sucked in Rudolph era. For those times when the deep ball was not there in Rudolph era, defenses easily stopped our offenses)

I've watched Boise State's game against UCONN and became ill with every correct decision Boise State's QB made. He did not make one mistake. Not one. He goes through his progressions with speed, and always threw it correctly according to the defensive situation. He never put his WR's is bad situations, not once. He throws it with absolute precision. He's a legitimate QB; NFL talent, IMO.

Then, to make things worse, BS has an excellent defensive unit. Most notably, its d-line utterly dominated UCONN'S o-line, as if they were made of bubble wrap. There are several NFL-talent players on that defensive team; very athletic and fast.

OSU, well, I just don't know about TC. At times he makes good decisions; other times he makes bad decisions. And then there are the those times when be put WR's in dangerous situations. When TC is under pressure, he makes terrible decisions...

Which leads me to our o-line. Our o-line is weak. Against inferior teams, the defense was able to apply pressure on TC far too many times. And when I think of Boise's d-line, yikes. I think they're going to welcome TC to the world of big boy collegiate football.

The deep ball is no longer available, unfortunately. That has been our key to success, for many seasons. We may have quality RB's, but they sure didn't impress against South Alabama. This is due to the weak o-line. I think Boise State's powerful d-line (well, all-around great defensive unit) will be the reason we get blown out.

Obviously Boise State is not Alabama, as some are saying..which isn't even a legitimate argument (who are we, btw? Other than a few RB's and Bundage, eh, nothing special as of yet). BState is a legitimate team tho, that not one person should take lightly. They have several NFL-ready players on both sides of the ball.

I hope I'm dead wrong. I hope we utterly dominate and win the game. But, man...Boise State looked damn good, much better than we've looked thus far.

To those who are not mature enough to skip over a post you disagree with, I am a true OSU fan and always will be. I may only say what I think is true, according to my own reasoning. If you disagree, fine. We're all OSU fans here and it's kinda silly how fans on message boards attack other users, all because you disagree with whatever you've read.

There's a polarization of a mentality that you're either a sunshine pumper or a non-OSU fan for criticising/voicing an opinion that some find as negative. If you post in a "negative manner," people call you out, as if you're a POS non-fan. This type of behavior is simply elementary. Lose the polarization mentality that plauges this site and this board could become a much better experience for OSU fans. Just talk football, instead of summarizing posts as either sunshine or "negative." It's just silly.

There's a huge difference between talking football and calling people names/replying in a disrespectful manner. If you wanna reply in a respectful manner, I'll gladly engage in quality football talk. Otherwise, please don't waste my time with a disrespectful reply.
You're banned.

Feb 16, 2010
Banned to Recruiting
Boise State: 48
OSU: 17

I think reality is getting ready to slap us in the face. Go ahead, down-vote my post; call me what you will. We've relied on the deep ball for so long, that it has masked the fact that an accurate deep ball is our "Vince Young/Colt McCoy" savior aka deep ball made-up for bad defenses and way below average o-line play (without Young and McCoy, Texas sucks. Without the deep ball, our offenses would've sucked in Rudolph era. For those times when the deep ball was not there in Rudolph era, defenses easily stopped our offenses)

I've watched Boise State's game against UCONN and became ill with every correct decision Boise State's QB made. He did not make one mistake. Not one. He goes through his progressions with speed, and always threw it correctly according to the defensive situation. He never put his WR's is bad situations, not once. He throws it with absolute precision. He's a legitimate QB; NFL talent, IMO.

Then, to make things worse, BS has an excellent defensive unit. Most notably, its d-line utterly dominated UCONN'S o-line, as if they were made of bubble wrap. There are several NFL-talent players on that defensive team; very athletic and fast.

OSU, well, I just don't know about TC. At times he makes good decisions; other times he makes bad decisions. And then there are the those times when be put WR's in dangerous situations. When TC is under pressure, he makes terrible decisions...

Which leads me to our o-line. Our o-line is weak. Against inferior teams, the defense was able to apply pressure on TC far too many times. And when I think of Boise's d-line, yikes. I think they're going to welcome TC to the world of big boy collegiate football.

The deep ball is no longer available, unfortunately. That has been our key to success, for many seasons. We may have quality RB's, but they sure didn't impress against South Alabama. This is due to the weak o-line. I think Boise State's powerful d-line (well, all-around great defensive unit) will be the reason we get blown out.

Obviously Boise State is not Alabama, as some are saying..which isn't even a legitimate argument (who are we, btw? Other than a few RB's and Bundage, eh, nothing special as of yet). BState is a legitimate team tho, that not one person should take lightly. They have several NFL-ready players on both sides of the ball.

I hope I'm dead wrong. I hope we utterly dominate and win the game. But, man...Boise State looked damn good, much better than we've looked thus far.

To those who are not mature enough to skip over a post you disagree with, I am a true OSU fan and always will be. I may only say what I think is true, according to my own reasoning. If you disagree, fine. We're all OSU fans here and it's kinda silly how fans on message boards attack other users, all because you disagree with whatever you've read.

There's a polarization of a mentality that you're either a sunshine pumper or a non-OSU fan for criticising/voicing an opinion that some find as negative. If you post in a "negative manner," people call you out, as if you're a POS non-fan. This type of behavior is simply elementary. Lose the polarization mentality that plauges this site and this board could become a much better experience for OSU fans. Just talk football, instead of summarizing posts as either sunshine or "negative." It's just silly.

There's a huge difference between talking football and calling people names/replying in a disrespectful manner. If you wanna reply in a respectful manner, I'll gladly engage in quality football talk. Otherwise, please don't waste my time with a disrespectful reply.
b90a89d7aab69c393c819542cb3c3219a64e00f8_hq.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.