Potential Future Non-Con Games

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 28, 2013
With Gundy's preference for more easily won games in nonconference a good compromise might be Northwestern, Colorado, and Vanderbilt. These schools are also all located in easily accessible locations for fans and fun cities to visit. Also home & home with these schools shouldn't be hard to get.

Edit: Could also throw Maryland in there, didn't Gundy coach there?

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Iowa already has a built in P5 Big 12 opponent every year and I doubt they'd want to add us on top of that.

I don't mind playing teams we've already played either. I don't know about you but I'd much rather get a home and home with Arkansas than say Rutgers or Wake Forest. Although I'd be down for Wisconsin or Clemson. Didn't we have Clemson scheduled at one point?
I'm sure we could convince Iowa to make a change from Iowa State...

I just really want to see this Iowa thing happen. I think that could be a great rivalry for both schools.

Dec 24, 2007
Stillwater, OK
I would like to play Ole Miss. Oxford is a beautiful town and the women rival our fine lasses at OSU. Virginia Tech, don't know much about Blacksburg but think it would be nice to visit. Kentucky- Bourbon and beautiful fillies, and the horses and blue grass would be nice to see as well.
Blacksburg is gorgeous! Went to a conference on campus a couple of years ago. Lots of good bars and eateries. Town is comparable to Stillwater, very much a college-town vibe.

CasperPoke11

The Car'a'carn
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 5, 2012
Stillwater,OK
What good series were on the books that got cancelled? Clemson, NC State, Purdue, Air Force??? Is the Boise St series still on?
Yes Boise is still scheduled and you listed all the ones I know of that were cancelled. The only one of those we canceled was the Air Force one cause teams tend to have a lot of injuries after playing Air Force cause of how they block.

NYC Poke

The Veil of Ignorance
A/V Subscriber
Sep 24, 2007
I'd love to see us play someone in the pacific northwest for personal reasons. :)
We have Oregon State coming up.

I'd like to have some form of tournament with Oregon State, Ohio State, and us for the right to claim OSU on all sports tickers.

superpoke

Territorial Marshal
Jun 28, 2005
Orange Country USA
SEC: We have also never played Auburn, for what it's worth...though I'd probably rather see that in a bowl than as a series. I'd take a series with both Kentucky and Vanderbilt, though.

ACC: This would seem to be a good window to get a series with North Carolina scheduled, with all the staff connections the programs have. I'd also like to see BC, Clemson, NC State, and Virginia. Maybe Syracuse.

Notre Dame: I'd love this, but I say that knowing the Irish will never set foot in Stillwater. South Bend and a neutral site would be the best we'd get.

Big Ten: Would love Michigan State, but would prefer it not be the national-title contender they currently have. Not too hyped on Wisconsin. Any of the other five, sure.

Pac-12: Would love a series with both Cal and USC. Gets everyone in the conference familiar with OSU. ;)

From schools we haven't played in the Group of Five conferences, give me New Mexico, Navy, and Tulane.

CasperPoke11

The Car'a'carn
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 5, 2012
Stillwater,OK
SEC: We have also never played Auburn, for what it's worth...though I'd probably rather see that in a bowl than as a series. I'd take a series with both Kentucky and Vanderbilt, though.

ACC: This would seem to be a good window to get a series with North Carolina scheduled, with all the staff connections the programs have. I'd also like to see BC, Clemson, NC State, and Virginia. Maybe Syracuse.

Notre Dame: I'd love this, but I say that knowing the Irish will never set foot in Stillwater. South Bend and a neutral site would be the best we'd get.

Big Ten: Would love Michigan State, but would prefer it not be the national-title contender they currently have. Not too hyped on Wisconsin. Any of the other five, sure.

Pac-12: Would love a series with both Cal and USC. Gets everyone in the conference familiar with OSU. ;)

From schools we haven't played in the Group of Five conferences, give me New Mexico, Navy, and Tulane.
We most likely won't see any of the service academies while Gundy is head coach cause of their use of the cut block.

May 29, 2007
Edmond, OK
I really liked the Georgia and UCLA series. Went to both road games which were fun. They were high profile teams who were beatable. Would like to see more of those.

Here are my thoughts on scheduling a series with the P5 teams that we haven't played yet.

Big 10:
- Illinois ok, should be a win but not overly exciting
- Maryland yes, crabcakes and football!
- Michigan State would like to see the cowboys play Sparty but maybe in bowl or playoff game
- Northwestern yes, bring it and schedule while Sox and Cubs are in town.
- Penn State HELL NO!!! No amount of soap can clean the memory of the worst scandal in football history.
- Rutgers meh, no win situation.
- Wisconsin maybe but see Sparty reference

Pac 12:
- Cal yes, lets pound those liberal pansies
- Oregon State (Scheduled for 2019 and 2020) looking forward to it
- Southern Cal yes, a perennially over rated blue blood

SEC:
- Kentucky yes, hang half a hundred on an SEC team and leave Travis Ford behind in Lexington.
- Vanderbilt yes, an SEC win

ACC:
- Boston College meh, no win situation
- Clemson ok, take down a team that many folks think is in the SEC
- Duke YES! Pound the Devils to take out basketball frustration
- Georgia Tech yes, but make sure Glen Spencer doesn't try to stay behind in Atlanta
- North Carolina yes
- North Carolina State yes
- Pittsburgh (Scheduled for 2016 and 2017) looking forward to it
- Syracuse meh, never liked the dome
- Virginia yes
- Wake Forest yes

Jonkr06

Territorial Marshal
Aug 18, 2007
Katy, TX
I think that Arkansas has demonstrated over the past 35 years that they are not interested in a home and home with us... Would be nice if they would get over themselves, but I don't think that they will.
Especially with that loudmouth turd of a coach they have now.