Post-season fan mini survey

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OSUDave

Wrangler
Aug 9, 2004
OKC
I thought it would be interesting to take the temperature of OSU fans after a rough football season. This is a much smaller survey than the annual pre-season survey. Shouldn't take too much time. I'll post the results in a few days.

Link to the survey.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Something was all screwed up on your first question. (on my computer anyway) I won't let you give 2 coaches the same grade. You give one coach the grade then click on that same grade for the other coach and it takes away the grade from the first coach. So it makes it impossible to give all three of them the D's and F's they deserve. It wants you to give one of them at least a C- (and screw that) Also you can give one coach up to 4 different grades.

OSUDave

Wrangler
Aug 9, 2004
OKC
Something was all screwed up on your first question. (on my computer anyway) I won't let you give 2 coaches the same grade. You give one coach the grade then click on that same grade for the other coach and it takes away the grade from the first coach. So it makes it impossible to give all three of them the D's and F's they deserve. It wants you to give one of them at least a C- (and screw that) Also you can give one coach up to 4 different grades.
yeah, i realized that too late - I didn't build that question very well in Google's system. Can't fix it now. My bad - just give them the next closest grade.

Aug 28, 2009
This is going to be depressing because our fans are idiots.
Or it’s going to be depressing because our coaches literally lost us several games this year because they didn’t make adjustments. They’ll get the grades they deserve.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
This is going to be depressing because our fans are idiots.
While I'm not a "fire everyone!" after every game guy, we rolled out 6 turds this year on game day, had 2 absolute gimmes to get us to 6 wins, & went 1-5 vs. teams .500 or below in our conference.

The 3 performances vs. Top 10 teams clearly illustrate we were capable of more.

I don't know how anyone can look back at those 12 games & seriously question preparation, game plan & execution.

When Gundy comes out after TCU & literally says "I don't thin our game plan was very good." (offensively), how are the fans the idiots here?

The simple fact is that, once again, there was plenty of opportunity in our conference to put up 8 or 9 wins, but we lost home games & games we were favored in. There's not a lot of positives to take from that.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Banned
A/V Subscriber
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
While I'm not a "fire everyone!" after every game guy, we rolled out 6 turds this year on game day, had 2 absolute gimmes to get us to 6 wins, & went 1-5 vs. teams .500 or below in our conference.

The 3 performances vs. Top 10 teams clearly illustrate we were capable of more.

I don't know how anyone can look back at those 12 games & seriously question preparation, game plan & execution.

When Gundy comes out after TCU & literally says "I don't thin our game plan was very good." (offensively), how are the fans the idiots here?

The simple fact is that, once again, there was plenty of opportunity in our conference to put up 8 or 9 wins, but we lost home games & games we were favored in. There's not a lot of positives to take from that.
There's a whole lot more people that want Gundy fired for this season... In spite of him having the 14th best winning percentage of any program in college football since he took over. And in spite of our program being at least 300% better now than it ever has been.

Look... I'm not saying the gar should not raise... But one bad season is not any reason to panic... And our fan base is panicking, mostly because they have no perspective and are really stupid.

Oct 6, 2012
There's a whole lot more people that want Gundy fired for this season... In spite of him having the 14th best winning percentage of any program in college football since he took over. And in spite of our program being at least 300% better now than it ever has been.

Look... I'm not saying the gar should not raise... But one bad season is not any reason to panic... And our fan base is panicking, mostly because they have no perspective and are really stupid.
My dad always told me that if everyone else thinks something but you think something different then maybe you should investigate to see if you are correct or not. I think the reality of Gundy is probably somewhere in the middle of our fan base's thoughts but there is no denying that he did not have his best performance as a head coach this year. In fact, I wouldn't argue with those who said it was his worst season. Does that mean he has lost it and no longer knows how to coach? No, but he surely did throw out some turds this year, and his ego appears to be getting bigger. Which, imo, is a hindrance to good decision-making.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2015
El Reno
Am I disappointed in The Season and in Gundy, Yes I am but We Have One Bad Season and Fans think the Sky is Falling! But I’m not Close to saying Fire Gundy bc Who are You going to get thats any better or that won’t use us as a Stepping Stone Job

osupsycho

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
My dad always told me that if everyone else thinks something butt you think something different then maybe you should investigate to see if you are correct or not. I think the reality of Gundy is probably somewhere in the middle of our fan base's thoughts but there is no denying that he did not have his best performance as a head coach this year. In fact, I wouldn't argue with those who said it was his worst season. Does that mean he has lost it and no longer knows how to coach? No, but he surely did throw out some turds this year, and his ego appears to be getting bigger. Which, imo, is a hindrance to good decision-making.
I think it really has to do with the way the season went. I mean if we had still gone 6-6 but instead of beating WVU, UT and BSU we had beaten TT, Baylor and KSU along with still playing OU really close I think people would have been happier. I mean it was supposed to be a rebuilding year and it was, but we showed we were a MUCH better team than what we played in over half the games. So the question becomes what kept us from playing better in those games and what should Gundy have done to solve that. He better be asking that question and finding the answers is all I know.

Nov 8, 2013
I think it really has to do with the way the season went. I mean if we had still gone 6-6 but instead of beating WVU, UT and BSU we had beaten TT, Baylor and KSU along with still playing OU really close I think people would have been happier. I mean it was supposed to be a rebuilding year and it was, but we showed we were a MUCH better team than what we played in over half the games. So the question becomes what kept us from playing better in those games and what should Gundy have done to solve that. He better be asking that question and finding the answers is all I know.
Interesting. I kind of feel differently. *None of us* like 6-6. All of us (fans, coaches, players) hate it. But I would be even more concerned if we went 6-6 by losing to all of the good teams and only beating the weaker teams. It would feel like the separation from the top would be even greater. Seems like a transition year, plus a few things going sideways led to the worst season in a long time. I think the path back back to the top - whether the top tier of the conference or the actual conference championship - is shorter from where we are.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO

1-5 vs. .500 or worse in the conference. 1-5.

New QB, who didn't even get a snap this year, despite Cornelius going 52% & sucking in 6 games. Seriously, who doesn't replace a QB struggling as much as he did in those games? Who thinks his QB's ego is so fragile than even one series on the bench would ruin him? Who thinks "yeah, he's really sucking today, but we'll stick with him, rather than try anyone else."? Sorry, but that's moronic, & sadly, may speak loudly you our future QB's. With a 5th year, former walk-on at QB, a 2 year starter at a D1 school, & a 4star Texas Player of the Year as your top 3, how did the latter 2 not even get a look in some of those games? How is the gap supposedly so wide between TC & the other 2? How are our coaches comfortable settling with TC's performances in those 6 games? These are real, legitimate questions.

Granted, there are always gonna be the "fire this guy" posters, but seriously, you wonder why anyone would question the leadership after this season?

kadune

Bitching about grad school
A/V Subscriber
Oct 4, 2008
CoMo
New QB, who didn't even get a snap this year, despite Cornelius going 52% & sucking in 6 games. Seriously, who doesn't replace a QB struggling as much as he did in those games? Who thinks his QB's ego is so fragile than even one series on the bench would ruin him? Who thinks "yeah, he's really sucking today, but we'll stick with him, rather than try anyone else."? Sorry, but that's moronic, & sadly, may speak loudly you our future QB's. With a 5th year, former walk-on at QB, a 2 year starter at a D1 school, & a 4star Texas Player of the Year as your top 3, how did the latter 2 not even get a look in some of those games? How is the gap supposedly so wide between TC & the other 2? How are our coaches comfortable settling with TC's performances in those 6 games? These are real, legitimate questions.
To play devil's advocate, I don't know if it's fair to pin all 6 losses solely on the QB. Wallace dropped a catchable, go-ahead touchdown against ISU (nevermind the punter giving ISU a 9 point swing); the kicker missed an XP which led to the 2 pt conversion against OU; one botched 4th down doesn't negate the offense otherwise doing enough to win (maybe a moot point if the defense doesn't draw so many 15-yard penalties). Against Tech and KSU (I'm on the fence about TCU since the second half was closer), there's a strong case to be made for changing the QB. In the other games, sticking with Corndog was still a competitive move -- if the QB switch happened, and the back up did worse, you're not necessarily in a better place for the following game (and Taylor rebounded fairly well, for the most part).

That said, I don't know why we didn't see Brown in some of the first games. Unless there was a worry about Taylor getting hurt and losing Brown for next year, I think giving him some snaps would've been useful. Then again, the RA smoke screen could have had some truth - he might not have known the (6-play) playbook. I understand letting the freshman bulk up -- but with the Texas, OU and WVU performances, it's harder to justify pulling a QB who clearly had success the week prior -- and has shown some second half rebounding (especially in the WVU game).

Of course, if the OC would've played to the QB's strengths and not call bombs on 2nd and 9, maybe the completion rate would have been above 52%.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Interesting. I kind of feel differently. *None of us* like 6-6. All of us (fans, coaches, players) hate it. But I would be even more concerned if we went 6-6 by losing to all of the good teams and only beating the weaker teams. It would feel like the separation from the top would be even greater. Seems like a transition year, plus a few things going sideways led to the worst season in a long time. I think the path back back to the top - whether the top tier of the conference or the actual conference championship - is shorter from where we are.
This is an interesting perspective, however, you ALWAYS have to take care of business against the (supposed) inferior teams. That tells me that they are catching up in terms of talent and coaching, and possibly on the cusp of leap-frogging us.