Post Game Thread WVU edition

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 17, 2011
He hasn't. We should have a running back controversy right now. But he's the same guy he was last year and he was clutch late so hopefully he gets his mojo back soon.
Not to mention when hill decided to screw his team over late in his final year, Hubbard stepped up big time.

A lot of people hate Hubbard from osu right now but if anything, he has been loyal and has tried 150%

Apr 7, 2006
Few things that are minor and probably won't be discussed much:

Pros:
1)Our clock management at the end of first half was surprisingly good and kept momentum on our side.
2) We put our corners and safeties on an island all day and asked them to limit the big plays- and they did a really nice job. That allowed for more pressure on the QB.
3) It was nice to see us milk clock late in the game and finish with a decisive score.
4) Between defense and ST, we managed field position very well.

Cons:
1) As the season wears on we're going to have to be more aggressive offensively.
2) Need more production out of Hubbard.
3) if Wallace is going to be bracketed, we're going to have to make defenses pay.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked

Pros:
1)Our clock management at the end of first half was surprisingly good and kept momentum on our side.
2) We put our corners and safeties on an island all day and asked them to limit the big plays- and they did a really nice job. That allowed for more pressure on the QB.
3) It was nice to see us milk clock late in the game and finish with a decisive score.

Cons:
1) As the season wears on we're going to have to be more aggressive offensively.
3) if Wallace is going to be bracketed, we're going to have to make defenses pay.
We were pretty aggressive defensively, especially in the second half. We did get burned a LOT on quick slants. Their QB started exploiting our blitzes by reading and throwing right into it. Luckily we bowed up when the field compressed.

Their long TD pass had Rodriguez on their slot WR, which had no chance of working.

Mar 11, 2006
I am surprised no one has mentioned Bundage. He was a difference maker today. Multiple sacks, stopped their RB three times behind the line, a couple of QB hurries, and the Cam Murray sack was because of Bundage forcing the QB up in the pocket.

Bundage and Amen were the defensive players of the game. Williams also had three passes defenses alone in the first half.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Why are we “expected” to move down a couple of spots?? These polls are BS. We win and drop. Who cares if we don’t win by 50 points. We shouldn’t drop just because people expect us to win by 50. BS.
I don’t think we move down. We should move up or stay same

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow

Pros:

Cons:
4) tackling
5) pass blocking

Sep 22, 2011
We were pretty aggressive defensively, especially in the second half. We did get burned a LOT on quick slants. Their QB started exploiting our blitzes by reading and throwing right into it. Luckily we bowed up when the field compressed.

Their long TD pass had Rodriguez on their slot WR, which had no chance of working.
I think it was s blown coverage by the safety, rodriguez should not have had him Past 10 yards but the safety didn’t make it in time and they ran into each other

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Players of the game to me were Trace Ford (obviously) and the less heralded Rodarius Williams! We were asking a ton of our corners as we essentially brought our safeties totally in the box to play the run and watch the slants after they hit us with those. The corners tackled brilliantly when WV tried to stretch us horizontally and they played the deep ball really well.

To be honest I’m used to Rodarius being the weak point of our defense but he is bringing the swagger of experience right now. And he’s tackling so well. He had a big hit this game and he was the one that made the boundary tackle on a goalline outside run against Tulsa last week. He’s been great. This is the worst the big 12 has been at the WR position in years (and we’ve got the best one), our corners are really going to be able to exert their wills all year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Also, been a very tough first 2 games for him, but I love how Chubba responded at the end of the game. He seems to have that fire in his belly back, it’s about how you bounce back Chubba! Get angry and get back to last year’s level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
I thought the oline was improved this week, especially considering how shallow they are right now. Dickey did a helluva job this week.

Illingworth played a helluva game as well. He played about as well as you could expect a true freshman to play. His pocket presence and arm strength are very impressive. I agree with Neer Illingworth was the better qb on the field today.

The defense continues to play well. Knowles is doing a great job with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Although the OL struggled at times, at times they held up well. Rushing for over 200 yds on this DL is really impressive. They held up particularly in pass protection although we passed only 21 times. LD Brown continues to defy the odds, and Chuba continues to press for some reason. LD running like 2019 version or Chuba and Hubbard looking like 2019 LD Brown. Hubbard did have some nice runs in the 4th quarter. The fumbling is unacceptable, but he's had a fumbling problem his entire career. Once Hubbard gets on track, that 1-2 punch bodes well for us.

Passing game is lackluster, and I get Illingworth is a freshman, but I'm not impressed with Kasey Dunn's play calling. Lack of creativity is missing....and hopefully he figures it out as the season progresses. This lack of creativity isn't going to win a championship. It'll be interesting to see if Sanders returns next week. As much as everyone is gassing up LD and dogging Chuba...the story of the season for me is the kicking game. Alex Hale looks like the real deal, and Tom Hutton has improved dramatically.

Jan 13, 2005
Although the OL struggled at times, at times they held up well. Rushing for over 200 yds on this DL is really impressive. They held up particularly in pass protection although we passed only 21 times. LD Brown continues to defy the odds, and Chuba continues to press for some reason. LD running like 2019 version or Chuba and Hubbard looking like 2019 LD Brown. Hubbard did have some nice runs in the 4th quarter. The fumbling is unacceptable, but he's had a fumbling problem his entire career. Once Hubbard gets on track, that 1-2 punch bodes well for us.

Passing game is lackluster, and I get Illingworth is a freshman, but I'm not impressed with Kasey Dunn's play calling. Lack of creativity is missing....and hopefully he figures it out as the season progresses. This lack of creativity isn't going to win a championship. It'll be interesting to see if Sanders returns next week. As much as everyone is gassing up LD and dogging Chuba...the story of the season for me is the kicking game. Alex Hale looks like the real deal, and Tom Hutton has improved dramatically.
It’s beyond frustrating that you have 2 really good running backs that excel is space and you don’t get them involved in the passing game.