Post a picture of your sidearm (pistol)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Poke4Real

Territorial Marshal
Sep 12, 2006
Third Coast
I second what Deere said... for the price, you can't beat it. Crazy people go for Hi-Points (they are tough guns and they do shoot but they are crap) when they could get a SCCY for a few bucks more and get 10x the quality.
I'll speak in defense of Hi-Point. Probably the best customer care in the business and they just shoot consistently.

No, the C9 is not aesthetically pleasing. But it works. At least, everyone I know who owns one constantly sings their praises. I've fired one myself. Spent all day at the range. Not one misfire or stovepipe. For the money, what more could you ask for in a firearm?

For everyone you meet who provides anecdotal evidence as to why they hate Hi-Point guns, you'll meet just as many who can tell you how much they love theirs. Plus, they're American made.

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
I'll speak in defense of Hi-Point. Probably the best customer care in the business and they just shoot consistently.

No, the C9 is not aesthetically pleasing. But it works. At least, everyone I know who owns one constantly sings their praises. I've fired one myself. Spent all day at the range. Not one misfire or stovepipe. For the money, what more could you ask for in a firearm?

For everyone you meet who provides anecdotal evidence as to why they hate Hi-Point guns, you'll meet just as many who can tell you how much they love theirs. Plus, they're American made.
I did say "They are tough guns and they do shoot" but aside from that, and they have a lifetime warranty (like most manufactures, nothing new), they are huge... terrible for concealment. Clunky. The safety is terrible, it's HUGE to put your hand around, the trigger has a NINE pound pull on average (that's pathetic, you have to admit). They've had reports of issues of failure to feed in various magazines (going from one to another).

They aren't accurate, again... you're not going to conceal carry the thing or carry it at all (it's do dang heavy). There's a reason it's $150-175 gun. (most of those who posted carry American made sidearms)

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009

I'm with you. Everything I read is "best gun for the money"

This guy has always given good gun reviews and he has pretty much hit the nail on the head with Hi-Point

http://www.prepperforums.net/forum/...point-c9-most-hated-gun-internet-exposed.html

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Fairfield, CT

Poke4Real

Territorial Marshal
Sep 12, 2006
Third Coast
I did say "They are tough guns and they do shoot" but aside from that, and they have a lifetime warranty (like most manufactures, nothing new), they are huge... terrible for concealment. Clunky. The safety is terrible, it's HUGE to put your hand around, the trigger has a NINE pound pull on average (that's pathetic, you have to admit). They've had reports of issues of failure to feed in various magazines (going from one to another).

They aren't accurate, again... you're not going to conceal carry the thing or carry it at all (it's do dang heavy). There's a reason it's $150-175 gun. (most of those who posted carry American made sidearms)
I have no interest in conceal/carry. I was talking about a cheap entry level 9mm to take to the range that is reliable and not high maintenance. Hi-Point also makes good .45 and .380 pistols, so you have a choice and you know what you're getting.

On an unrelated note, I saw a Walther P22 at my local pawn shop for $250 the other day. I'm considering picking that up for a nice little plinking pistol. It feels amazing in the hand.

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
I have no interest in conceal/carry. I was talking about a cheap entry level 9mm to take to the range that is reliable and not high maintenance. Hi-Point also makes good .45 and .380 pistols, so you have a choice and you know what you're getting.

On an unrelated note, I saw a Walther P22 at my local pawn shop for $250 the other day. I'm considering picking that up for a nice little plinking pistol. It feels amazing in the hand.
They make great firearms (Walther) but the price is that low because you're only going to be able to feed CCI rounds into it. They HATE cheap/every-day .22LR ammo. That's why the Ruger SR22 has turned out to be the "king of the .22 pistol". Walther P22 is awesome, just shoot CCI .22LR out of it.

Feb 6, 2007
Ardmore, Ok.
American-made Walthers (by S&W) are generally considered far inferior to their German-made counterparts. This is more an indictment of S&W than Walther.

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
American-made Walthers (by S&W) are generally considered far inferior to their German-made counterparts. This is more an indictment of S&W than Walther.
sokpoke, you know what I'm mentioning (about the 22 pistol only shooting premium ammo?). I was in the market for a .22LR pistol (semi-auto) and had it down to the Walther and the Ruger, which both look nearly identical. Ruger won in nearly every category.

Feb 6, 2007
Ardmore, Ok.
Put my new Kahr PM9 through the the break-in paces today.
Kahr PM9.JPG

250 rounds without one hiccup! Runs like a champ, and surprisingly accurate for a 3" barrel. Great double action trigger and tritium night sights. Some complain of recoil in such a small gun (15 oz.), but I do not find it to be at all uncomfortable. Honestly, I feel that I could run 500 rounds and be no worse for the wear. Admittedly, that was with standard pressure 115 grain ball ammo.
This will be my moderate weather CCW. Plan on getting the little brother (P380) for really hot weather and minimal clothing. The CZ 75D PCR (pictured in an earlier post in this thread) will be my cold weather CCW, when coats and extra clothing are the norm.

Last edited: