Post a picture of your sidearm (pistol)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
Since we have one for rifles, figured I'd start one for the pistol(s) we have. I recently found a gunsmith in Mead, OK that does AMAZING Cerakote work and since I was "friends" with one of his friends, he did it for a grand total of $40.

He said he doesn't charge much because he knows that it will bring more business in and he's already got contracts from mid-size arms manufactures to do work.

Anyway, he did my Ruger SR9c recently... added the Punisher logo, knowing how big Chris Kyle fan I am. Turned out better than I hoped! (he was working on an OSU AR-15 when I picked it up, orange and black)
SR9c3.jpg
SR9c4.jpg
SR9c5.jpg
SR9c.jpg
SR9c2.jpg

EDIT: Added the Talon grips so it has some black on it now...
Ruger.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2006
Bixby, OK
Just look up a picture of a Glock 19 and then Raven concealment phantom and you've got my set up. Overly simple, but it works peachy.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
View attachment 44012

Not my only side arm, but my most recent acquisition. Couldn't pass up the sale Atwoods has on them. Anyone else own one? What are your thoughts?
Dollar for Dollar best personal defense gun you can buy. They simply work. Not the most accurate and I have heard of failures from people who target shoot with them a lot but still they never jam and if you aren't putting thousands of rounds through them great gun. For 250 dollars you can't find me a better gun for personal defense for a person on a budget.

I'm still trying to break or make the one I bought jam. I think the reports of them breaking are way overstated. I've never cleaned mine and have well over 1000 rounds through it. It just works. Not the most accurate gun in the world but a 12 pound trigger will do that. Every bit as reliable as my Beretta.

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
Dollar for Dollar best personal defense gun you can buy. They simply work. Not the most accurate and I have heard of failures from people who target shoot with them a lot but still they never jam and if you aren't putting thousands of rounds through them great gun. For 250 dollars you can't find me a better gun for personal defense for a person on a budget.

I'm still trying to break or make the one I bought jam. I think the reports of them breaking are way overstated. I've never cleaned mine and have well over 1000 rounds through it. It just works. Not the most accurate gun in the world but a 12 pound trigger will do that. Every bit as reliable as my Beretta.
I second what Deere said... for the price, you can't beat it. Crazy people go for Hi-Points (they are tough guns and they do shoot but they are crap) when they could get a SCCY for a few bucks more and get 10x the quality.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
I second what Deere said... for the price, you can't beat it. Crazy people go for Hi-Points (they are tough guns and they do shoot but they are crap) when they could get a SCCY for a few bucks more and get 10x the quality.
I have another one on order with the Orange lower and Black upper. Going to have my cousin CNC etch Pistol Pete on it somewhere just for a cool toy to show people.