Poll: Opinion on the 2020 FB season?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Your opinion of the upcoming 2020 Football season is:

• - The season will proceed on schedule with fans in the stands as usual.

Votes: 11 9.5%
  • - The season will occur this Fall, but without (or limited) fans in the stands

Votes: 53 45.7%
  • - The season will occur, but will not be completed by mid-December.

Votes: 20 17.2%
  • - We will not play a 2020 Football season.

Votes: 32 27.6%

• Total voters
Feb 4, 2016
florida
Do we really think all 50,000 fans will be wearing masks in September when its mid 80' s temperature? I doubt it. Maybe there will be a ' mask wearing ' section in BPS. By the looks of the recent rally in Tulsa if its still an option to wear a mask my bet is you won't see very many. But hey if you want to go then by all means attend. The states health department doesn't appear it will make it mandatory.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
And 45,999 people will fully recover and become immune. (The one death will be an 85 year old with a pre-existing condition that was already killing them, but the hospital called it a covid death because they receive money for each covid death.)

Sooner or later, we have to develop herd immunity. At this rate, we might reach that point before the season starts.
Do you mean the Sweden strategy?

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
The closet hippie in you peaks out for just a moment.
Oh, I'm out of that closet. But I swear by the oregano oil...take it every time I get a stiff head, soar throat or a stopped up ear...general gone within a few hours. It’s a natural anti viral. Is what it is, no hippie in using tools to help you...just have to know the side effects and not use too often. I also use perception meds as directed and other supplements. Also acupuncture...so yeah I’m out there....

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Deaths are scaling back up in a lot of areas (including Texas). Hospitalizations are up. TMC in Houston is a HUGE medical center. They’re predicting to be over capacity in two weeks. Over 6k new cases yesterday in Texas after two days over 5k (previously records). But let’s keep Six Flags open even if it kills the dancing old man and who knows who else.

Plus, I’m a bit concerned at the deaths we’ll see in 2-4 weeks as an echo of the heightened cases.
Require mask wearing in public spaces, social distance, and get on with your life. These are the answers to this current increase in Texas and other open areas...not, OMG, my hair is on fire, we have to close society again!!! Biggest increase in new cases in Oklahoma is amoung the 18 - 30 crowd...those are the ones to steer clear of...social distance and wear a mask...not hard to fix, if we do this.

Texas has 28 to 30 million people...it has 55K active cases. How many percent is that? Granted wear mask and socially distance. But put it in perspective.

Oct 25, 2009
Twin Falls, ID
Guaranteed there is something going on with testing and getting false positives. There is not a single standard test out there and with variation comes error. The FDA is expediting these tests to market and companies are rushing to get their product to market to profit off the pandemic.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pre...dites-review-diagnostic-tests-combat-covid-19

Also, is it possible that the mass distribution and usage of the Abbott Labs rapid test is a player here? Maybe the rapid test is giving a lot of false positives.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2016
florida
Oh, I'm out of that closet. But I swear by the oregano oil...take it every time I get a stiff head, soar throat or a stopped up ear...general gone within a few hours. It’s a natural anti viral. Is what it is, no hippie in using tools to help you...just have to know the side effects and not use too often. I also use perception meds as directed and other supplements. Also acupuncture...so yeah I’m out there....
Side effects of oregano is a craving for spaghetti?

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Guaranteed there is something going on with testing and getting false positives. There is not a single standard test out there and with variation comes error. The FDA is expediting these tests to market and companies are rushing to get their product to market to profit off the pandemic.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pre...dites-review-diagnostic-tests-combat-covid-19

Also, is it possible that the mass distribution and usage of the Abbott Labs rapid test is a player here? Maybe the rapid test is giving a lot of false positives.
Again, I'll refer you to the other forum where this has been discussed and still is. But since it's here and relevant for all sports, the tests also give false negatives. That's potentially more impactful when you're reading these stats and understanding the potential impact of undetected spread in college sports.

Quick math on that. Let's say 2% of your negatives are false negatives and even 10% of your positives are false positives. Let's also assume a relatively high actual prevalence of 10%, where 10 out of 100 people actually have it. That means approximately 9 people will test positive and one of those will be a false positive (1/9 = 11.1%). On the other hand, 2 people will be positive but now think they're negative (2/91 = 2.2%). They will continue to play and practice, potentially spreading it. Even if they test positive later, they still had more time to spread it and likely will. That's the scenario that will be playing out for the first few weeks of football.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
After being 99% certain there would be a college football season, to the point I prepaid in full for my season tickets in May, I am getting rapidly to the point where I cannot see a BPS full of fans this fall the way this thing is going. I’m not even sure any kind of normal football season will be possible....I hope I’m wrong!

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
Again, I'll refer you to the other forum where this has been discussed and still is. But since it's here and relevant for all sports, the tests also give false negatives. That's potentially more impactful when you're reading these stats and understanding the potential impact of undetected spread in college sports.

Quick math on that. Let's say 2% of your negatives are false negatives and even 10% of your positives are false positives. Let's also assume a relatively high actual prevalence of 10%, where 10 out of 100 people actually have it. That means approximately 9 people will test positive and one of those will be a false positive (1/9 = 11.1%). On the other hand, 2 people will be positive but now think they're negative (2/91 = 2.2%). They will continue to play and practice, potentially spreading it. Even if they test positive later, they still had more time to spread it and likely will. That's the scenario that will be playing out for the first few weeks of football.
The old asymptomatic spread that we haven't heard about yet. Common sense generally works the best. At my work we get our temp checked prior to work, we wear masks and social distance. There are around 400 people here and we have been very lucky not to have any positives, but it is because we have had this policy in place since April. I highly doubt that the University wouldn't have at a minimum the temp check policy in place. Also the reason all the athletes were brought in 2 weeks before practice is scheduled is to quarantine that's why we heard about the players testing positive.