Politics will ultimately destroy OSU Athletics

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
We’re just getting started in college football players protesting. Expect a lot of this year and yes OSU will be a leader in the SJW causes. You can vote with your wallet or accept it. I’ve made my choice.
I was glad last year that we keep them in the locker room during the anthem, as far as I know we have always done that...hope that continues.

Apr 14, 2017
Earth
So what has happened? I haven't seen any finalization of anything at this point...why not wait and see how this pans out first? Could end up being a cathartic process and great entertainment...might be worth the price of admission.
Come on man. This is OSU football. The players have thrown their coach and school under the bus. Keep on enabling these guys.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Come on man. This is OSU football. The players have thrown their coach and school under the bus. Keep on enabling these guys.
One player made a tweet that was egged on by a sports media person...that person wants Gundy gone and has for years...One player was played...he then apologized for doing it the way he did...Gundy also apologized for being insensitive and out of touch...now they are hopefully coming together behind closed doors....this is my hope anyway. They fire Gundy over his politics then I'm done also...but I'm still hopeful that doesn't happen and that people learn to get along no matter what their beliefs...they both show desire to try.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
I’m still waiting for someone to explain to me what needs to “change”.

And with that explanation, please elaborate on how any black student’s life has been measurably negatively impacted by existing university policies or actions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
I hope I’m wrong, but I think we’ve peaked in football (2011) and basketball (‘95-‘04) for the long, long foreseeable future. Sean and Mike had their chance to get us to the next level and each totally squandered it for different reasons. My guess is our football program is about to totally nosedive thanks to this off-season.

Apr 14, 2017
Earth
I’m still waiting for someone to explain to me what needs to “change”.

And with that explanation, please elaborate on how any black student’s life has been measurably negatively impacted by existing university policies or actions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Careful here, you just need to “listen”. Questioning is not allowed.

Apr 14, 2009
I would say all the players names.
I’m not sure though that doing so will save his job.
In my clan there are seven of us that attended OSU. Five graduates all of them have told me that it’s probably time for the mullet to be let out to pasture.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I hope I’m wrong, but I think we’ve peaked in football (2011) and basketball (‘95-‘04) for the long, long foreseeable future. Sean and Mike had their chance to get us to the next level and each totally squandered it for different reasons. My guess is our football program is about to totally nosedive thanks to this off-season.
I assume you mean Eddie and Mike...Sean didn't have a peak anywhere near what Mike has had...but Eddie did. Anyway, my thoughts is that if we throw Mike out like garbage we will get what he have seen in Basketball for the past 15 years for the next decade and a half. However, if we patch this up, both Mike and the team patch it up...then we could have an OUTSTANDING year, not seen around here since 2011. Let's see what happens.

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I would say all the players names.
I’m not sure though that doing so will save his job.
In my clan there are seven of us that attended OSU. Five graduates all of them have told me that it’s probably time for the mullet to be let out to pasture.
My entire clan of OSU Alumni family says that's crazy..and that a player should have never done what he did...however they are willing to let bygones be bygones if they can all patch things up. Mike has brought us not only the best period of time in Oklahoma State football history, both as a player and a coach, but also the highest grades, best APR and BY FAR the most recognition for the school for mostly positive reasons by any coach in our history besides Coach Iba….letting him go without providing a chance for healing on all sides would be very shortsighted. Kind of like killing ones self when we have lost hope. Your politics, like Coach Gundy's, clouds your perception. I promise you, we do NOT want to pull another Eddie Sutton with this coach based on one "mistake." Perceived mistake in this case.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Much bigger voices to them are enabling them...not me or anyone else connected with Oklahoma State. This is a nationwide movement and right now it's targeting any dissidence inside College football...Dabbo Sweeney is getting the same undeserved treatment. He's their best coach ever, and maybe the best coach in college football with National titles under his belt...yet same thing. Gundy and us need to realize the hand we have been dealt and play it well. It's always good and honorable to attempt to make friends NOT enemies in all areas of life....to forgive and turn the other cheek when other strike you for any and all reasons. That's how extremely strong leaders who accomplishments outlast them are born.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
I assume you mean Eddie and Mike...Sean didn't have a peak anywhere near what Mike has had...but Eddie did. Anyway, my thoughts is that if we throw Mike out like garbage we will get what he have seen in Basketball for the past 15 years for the next decade and a half. However, if we patch this up, both Mike and the team patch it up...then we could have an OUTSTANDING year, not seen around here since 2011. Let's see what happens.
No I mean Sean.

And there’s no patching this up with it all out in the public. Our already middling recruiting will only get worse. The negative recruiting will really take its toll after this.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
No I mean Sean.

And there’s no patching this up with it all out in the public. Our already middling recruiting will only get worse. The negative recruiting will really take its toll after this.
Understand that ESPECIALLY Local Sports media has hated Gundy since he defended his Black QB in the rant...they have hated him ever since. The local sports urinal, basically a promotion arm of ou athletic, is the worst of the worst when it comes to being unbiased regarding Gundy. This is NOTHING new, except for his needing to patch up relationships with his players...A behind the scenes ESPN docudrama is also currently taking place in Stillwater and could actually be a HUGE boost to both recruiting and moral both locally and nationally in terms of how to heal among friends. I don't even know if they aren't behind some of the drama. I bet you will be glad that you are wrong once it's all out in the public light. All parties want to patch this up...at least that is my hope and understand from true insiders like RA. ESPN is likely telling all in Stillwater to be quiet about this as this unfolds in upcoming weeks. They have likely even signed agreements to do so. I'm VERY hopeful that a positive spin will be put on this turd that we have suffered through...perhaps so positive forgiveness will be given all around.

Last edited:
May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Understand that ESPECIALLY Local Sports media has hated Gundy since he defended his Black QB in the rant...they have hated him ever since. This is NOTHING new, except for needing to patch up relationships with his players...A behind the scenes docudrama is currently taking place in Stillwater and could actually be a HUGE boost to both recruiting and moral both locally and nationally in terms of how to heal among friends. I bet you will be glad that you are wrong once it's all out in the public light. All parties want to patch this up...at least that is my hope and understand from true insiders. ESPN is likely telling all in Stillwater to be quiet as this unfolds in upcoming weeks. A positive spin will be put on this turd that we have suffered through...perhaps so positive forgiveness will be given all around.
ESPN is in control of our athletic program and telling them when and when not to speak?

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
ESPN is in control of our athletic program and telling them when and when not to speak?
Football is right now because $$$$$$$$, AND yep, that is what I believe is happening at least for the time being. I could be totally and completely wrong, but that is my belief founded on the access they have been given and the show they are filming.