Pokes vs WVU game thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 25, 2011
Everybody that played today made a contribution. Calloo hit a 3 pointer. K. Jones made a jump hook. Demuth scored. C. Jones hit some 3's. Really nice contribution by the entire team.

Nov 29, 2011
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Good job Cowboys

I have no expectations, but we could make a little run here before the schedule gets really tough in Feb
vsBAY - 1/14
@ISU - 1/19
vsOU - 1/23
vsSC - 1/26
vsKSU - 2/2

Feb 4, 2016
florida
I like how we have the ability to have a different player become the go-to-guy each game. Lindy had to play the point because of the Weathers injury and Ice has the game of his life. Can't wait to see who steps up Monday, yes Dizzy I'm looking at you. GO POKES

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2010
Weather's goes down so we run almost exclusive spread motion offense instead of the set plays we've been running more lately to create penetration.

With a little over 3 minutes to go we go zone to force West Virginia to kill time.

Then, when West Virginia hits a 3 against that zone, we immediately switch to our pinch post offense and Dziagwa scores.

Boynton can coach!

Jun 9, 2008
The Water
It
This is one of the reasons why college basketball is declining. West Virginia almost put in the bonus from the first tip of the second half. Boring stops with the foul calls and no flow for the game.
No wonder it’s tough to win on the road in the Big 12.
It’s been like this forever though. NBA is so much smoother.

Jun 9, 2008
The Water
Crazy how things work out. I admit I was so bummed about losing out on Courtney Ramey. Boyton had to go to plan B in Likele. The guy has had a way better season compared to Ramey. Likele’s size for a guard has helped him transition better to the college game. Can’t wait to see what player he develops into by his Jr and Sr year.

Jun 9, 2008
The Water
Everything looks smoother when you play no D
Lol you must not watch much NBA. Their is defense (Thunder being one of many) The caliber of athletes and skill in that league overshadows defense on any night. Just because the college games are low scoring and sloppy doesn’t mean defense is played better at that level.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Weather's goes down so we run almost exclusive spread motion offense instead of the set plays we've been running more lately to create penetration.

With a little over 3 minutes to go we go zone to force West Virginia to kill time.

Then, when West Virginia hits a 3 against that zone, we immediately switch to our pinch post offense and Dziagwa scores.

Boynton can coach!
I’ve said some bad things about Dziagwa, but that was a huge bucket.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Everything looks smoother when you play no D
You think it’s because they don’t play D? Laughable. NBA players are evolving...move extremely quick...can shoot lights out with two people in their face (Harden, for example). It seems like there’s no D because they’re just too damn good.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
This had the feeling of a difference-making, Confidence-building game. However, as this is an OSU team, I'm worried about immediately falling flat.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Monday night is a big game at home. A chance for these teams to get above 500 in conference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk