Pokes vs Jaybirds 11am

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I've always hated them, after they sang their stupid song at the end of the game in OUR arena, when I was at OSU. So I say, fight fire with fire.
"Fire with fire" would mean we sing our fight song at the end of the game in their arena. It would also be classier than adding an obscene expletive to their chant. We're above that.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
OSU at Baylor is 8 p.m. tonight on ESPN2. Mark Cooper's preview...

STILLWATER — Let’s get this point across first: There are no moral victories.

Oklahoma State coach Mike Boynton doesn’t put much stock in them. Neither does junior guard Thomas Dziagwa.

“Losing is unacceptable,” Dziagwa said. “Any time we step on the court, no matter who it’s against, we plan on winning and we practice to win.”

It’s why Oklahoma State, at 10-19 and 3-13 in the Big 12, isn’t pleased with recent results as it heads to Baylor (19-10, 10-6) for its final road game of the 2018-19 season. Since playing the Bears on Jan. 14, at a time when OSU was 2-2 in conference play, it is 2-11. Baylor is 10-4, a run sparked by its victory in Stillwater nearly two months ago.

Even still, OSU can’t deny its improvement over the past week. Since losing by 39 points at Kansas State on Feb. 23, the Cowboys took Texas Tech — a projected No. 3 seed in the NCAA Tournament — to overtime in Lubbock, Texas. It led Kansas more often than it trailed before faltering down the stretch on Saturday.

For a team set to return all seven scholarship members of its rotation, is that a silver lining?

“When you respond to the adversity the way they have, it can only benefit you,” Boynton said Saturday. “The alternative is, a month and a half ago, they say, ‘We can’t win,’ which is what they were told, and they believe it, and they’re pointing fingers at why the success isn’t happening or they start to think about how they could make it go for themselves throughout this process. None of them have done that.

“(It) also excites me that the next way you build it is you’ve gotta have more people interested in coming to help you. We have that, so recruiting is a big deal in this thing, and recruits believe in what we’re doing, so as much as what these guys are doing shows that this team has a pulse still. The fact that there’s some really good players out there that are still interested in what we’re doing at 10-19 now shows that we’ve got a chance to really build something long-lasting.”

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
I know this thread is for the MBB game, but since its OSU vs KU too...

The Oklahoma State women's basketball team will take on Kansas at 8:30 p.m. tonight. Preview by Mark Cooper...

The odds are stacked against Oklahoma State this weekend.

In the 22-year history of the Big 12 Women’s Tournament, no team seeded worse than sixth has so much as advanced to the conference championship game.

The Cowgirls are seventh. And at this point, the only path to the NCAA tournament is an automatic bid.

But Oklahoma State (14-15) could still fight to salvage a .500 or better season beginning Friday when it plays 10th-seeded Kansas (12-17) at 8:30 p.m. at Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City.

Two of the Cowgirls’ five conference wins this season came against the Jayhawks. Oklahoma State defeated KU 72-62 in Lawrence, Kansas, and 72-52 in Stillwater.