Pokes IN CFP

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Listening to a good Dan Patrick monologue right now on how CFB just needs to move to 60 teams & legitimize its' season by eliminating all of the crap games. He's pointing out Clemson & Bama's SOS (#64 & #59 right now) & how we all just assume how good certain teams are.
What do you mean crap games??... :rolleyes:
1573050834455.png

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
UT fans must be losing their minds. Unranked with 3 losses, two of which are top 10 teams. And they beat OSU who is ranked with 3 losses.

Don't understand the logic but it is funny!
It surprised me as well. Technically, they haven’t beaten a team while they were ranked in the top 25. We have beaten two (K-State and Iowa State). I think that’s the difference. But helmet stickers should offset that, right?

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
It surprised me as well. Technically, they haven’t beaten a team while they were ranked in the top 25. We have beaten two (K-State and Iowa State). I think that’s the difference. But helmet stickers should offset that, right?
And you just hit on why the perennial overranking of SEC & B1G teams matters. Constantly having 6 teams ranked is a rising tide that lifts all boats. All of your wins are deemed better, & all losses a little more palatable because, hey, the team was ranked, right?

It's the system we've got, but we all damn well know you can pretty much take teams 15-35ish in a hat & anything can happen, every week.

AshlandFlash

It seemed like a good idea at the time
A/V Subscriber
Aug 24, 2007
You see the one at the top of that list? That's what he's talking about.

Are you pretty pumped about Western Carolina @ Bama in 2 weeks? How about Samford @ Auburn, UT Martin @ Kentucky, Abilene Christian @ Miss. State??
You mean the one he highlighted for you?:cool::whistle::D

Wofford is the best team on their campus!!!

Nov 30, 2010
Tulsa, OK
UT fans must be losing their minds. Unranked with 3 losses, two of which are top 10 teams. And they beat OSU who is ranked with 3 losses.

This season I am listening to more Big XII podcasts. Texas seems concerned about whether players have healed during the week off.

I don't hear anyone screaming a sense of entitlement. Maybe half the coaches in the league being replaced, gives everyone a sense of not knowing what to expect.

Anyone scratching their heads about the Pokes being in the CFP has to only consider that the Big XII may have had the best non-conference win season in the nation.

Four teams are deserving to be the CFP. We predicted it would be UT and ISU. This is still a highly competitive league still.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx

You got me curious so I went and read the thread on Shaggy. For the most part, they are so down on Herman and the team that this stuff barely registers with most of them. BUT, we did get this one gem:

"Texas seems to never get any favoritism of any kind from anyone"

A real human being actually thinks that's the truth.

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
This season I am listening to more Big XII podcasts. Texas seems concerned about whether players have healed during the week off.

I don't hear anyone screaming a sense of entitlement. Maybe half the coaches in the league being replaced, gives everyone a sense of not knowing what to expect.

Anyone scratching their heads about the Pokes being in the CFP has to only consider that the Big XII may have had the best non-conference win season in the nation.

Four teams are deserving to be the CFP. We predicted it would be UT and ISU. This is still a highly competitive league still.
What Big XII podcasts are you listening to?

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
As much as that would provide a needed improvement to the CFP mix of teams, it's unlikely since neither are scheduled to play a ranked team for the rest of the season. They have achieved peak-PAC12 national ranking.
You're right, but they've got 3 weeks to hold their spots @ #'s 7 & 8 while everyone above them, save Clemson, navigates a tougher remaining regular season schedule. Then, they'll play each other on championship weekend in a top 10 matchup. They've still got a shot at getting in.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
You got me curious so I went and read the thread on Shaggy. For the most part, they are so down on Herman and the team that this stuff barely registers with most of them. BUT, we did get this one gem:

To that, sir, I say:

1573064643142.png

Show me a team, in any conference, who's gotten a ruling like UT did with the horns down thing. They can shove it in YOUR face all day, but turn it around & it's unsportsmanlike.

Screw the Teasippers!!

AshlandFlash

It seemed like a good idea at the time
A/V Subscriber
Aug 24, 2007

Isn't that a stretch. You said this was from shaggy bevo...