Please Vote

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Yep, gridlock is Good on the Federal level. Always has been...it's by design.
it is not by design - the "design" was consent of the governed ... it is that way now because the constitution is broken, and because Congress is no longer needed, most laws and oppression are now imposed on us by the 4th branch of government.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
it is not by design - the "design" was consent of the governed ... it is that way now because the constitution is broken, and because Congress is no longer needed, most laws and oppression are now imposed on us by the 4th branch of government.
No, it is by design. Things are not suppose to get done quickly without the "consent of the governed." This "fourth branch" (i.e. fake news) of which you speak is having little effect, if any, on anything in reality these past two cycles. Maybe you are also addicted to outrage? People seem to have to have something to be upset about these days.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Well of course your side is the correct one. Why else would you have chosen it?
I did not choose sides, the founders did.... I just happen to agree with them, and not with Centralized Authority, which the folks on the Declaration of Independence pledged their fortunes and their lives to provide for us.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
No, it is by design. Things are not suppose to get done quickly without the "consent of the governed." This "fourth branch" (i.e. fake news) of which you speak is having little effect, if any, on anything in reality these past two cycles. Maybe you are also addicted to outrage? People seem to have to have something to be upset about these days.
That is nonsense. Who says they can't do things quickly? That's not written down anywhere.

and the 4th branch is not (fake news), it is the Administrative Bureaucracy that has been granted the power to pass laws that oppress us, without our consent, and without our ability to know them, approve them or remove them (e.g., IRS, HHS, BLM, FDA, EPA, etc)

Jonkr06

Territorial Marshal
Aug 18, 2007
Katy, TX
Well of course your side is the correct one. Why else would you have chosen it?
I did not choose sides, the founders did.... I just happen to agree with them, and not with Centralized Authority, which the folks on the Declaration of Independence pledged their fortunes and their lives to provide for us.
Agreed. If only we had a party that actually believed AND followed through on that belief with actions.

Jul 28, 2011
Reno NV
Please DON'T VOTE. If you haven't taken the time to understand the issues, and you know very little about self governance and federated governance

then do the world a big favor and STAY HOME.

we don't need you screwing up the country simply because you have a "right" to do so.

Attaboy CC...you elitist trump rat. Crawl back in your hole.

Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Sounds like the Dems are trying to steal elections in Florida. How can you suddenly find thousand and thousands of ballots after the fact. There are only two possibilities; incompetence or fraud. Broward and Dade counties have the most corrupt election officials in the entire country.

Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Sounds like the Dems are trying to steal elections in Florida. How can you suddenly find thousand and thousands of ballots after the fact. There are only two possibilities; incompetence or fraud. Broward and Dade counties have the most corrupt election officials in the entire country.
I'm not sure what's going on in Florida, but in CA for example, mail in ballots will be accepted and counted so long as they are post marked by election day.... which means ballots can continue to come in for several days.

Jul 20, 2018
Oklahoma City
I'm not sure what's going on in Florida, but in CA for example, mail in ballots will be accepted and counted so long as they are post marked by election day.... which means ballots can continue to come in for several days.
I thought I heard someone claim it was the "now where did I put those ballots, oh yeah, here they are" type thing. It was enough to prompt a lawsuit though, so I doubt it's "mail in" ballots.

CowboyOrangeFan

Mmmm, yeah.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 9, 2006
Florida
It is similar in Florida. Though the ballot just has to be received by the end of the day on election day. So they can potentially get a large amount of ballots right up to the end. Mail in ballots take longer to tabulate because they go through a different verification process. So large population areas may be counting votes well after election day.

Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
IMO, all early voting should be halted by midnight the Friday before the Tuesday election, that includes mail in ballots needing to be postmarked by then. I'm opposed to early voting in general anyway except in cases where people have a legitimate reason they can't get to the polls on election day....too many options for shenanigans from both parties that neither of us should trust to run these things but have no other choice.

Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
It is similar in Florida. Though the ballot just has to be received by the end of the day on election day. So they can potentially get a large amount of ballots right up to the end. Mail in ballots take longer to tabulate because they go through a different verification process. So large population areas may be counting votes well after election day.
well... I heard yesterday that they also found some more old 2000 Al Gore ballots too, and they are going to recount those and challenge Bush's presidency again.... rumor is they found some uncounted Hillary ballots too... :lol:

Jul 22, 2011
Count every LEGAL vote. Verify that every vote was cast by a legal, registered voter. As long as it takes. Investigate every fraud. Prosecute every fraud.

Until then, Rick Scott is Senator and Ron DeSantis is Governor. McSally in AZ should make the same challenge. No more Al Franken'ing your way into our government!

Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Count every LEGAL vote. Verify that every vote was cast by a legal, registered voter. As long as it takes. Investigate every fraud. Prosecute every fraud.

Until then, Rick Scott is Senator and Ron DeSantis is Governor. McSally in AZ should make the same challenge. No more Al Franken'ing your way into our government!
the problem seems to be that every State has some very different rules on what is a "legal vote", with different deadlines, etc... and some (like FL) have a rule where the "counters" are legally allowed to "interpret the intent" of the voter... such as if they drew an arrow or circled a candidate, rather than mark the ballot as shown in examples. The "interpreted ballots" are actually RE-ENTERED on a NEW BALLOT, in their entirety (wink, wink) and added back to the pile.

So the very definition of "legal vote" is not even standard language. Constitutionally, each State has the right to design their own voter procedures.... so there is that.