Pistol Pete Partner of the game

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 30, 2008
I know a lot of fans and alumni at the game liked the Pistol Pete Partner of the game. He practiced it prior to saying, "you tell 'em I'm coming and hell's coming with me"! Well he's my grandson and here's a vid of him at the game. He got a good applause and I heard several stand for him. He's a pistol I tell ya!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuOx2uhWSTA&feature=youtu.be

Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I know a lot of fans and alumni at the game liked the Pistol Pete Partner of the game. He practiced it prior to saying, "you tell 'em I'm coming and hell's coming with me"! Well he's my grandson and here's a vid of him at the game. He got a good applause and I heard several stand for him. He's a pistol I tell ya!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuOx2uhWSTA&feature=youtu.be
I was there and it was AWESOME!!!

Cro

Sheriff
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
it's a great program..... all 3 of my boys have been involved in it at some point. sadly I only have 1 kid left that fits the age requirement.......

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
My son was in for a Bedlam basketball game. Thanks @skirtguy!

13,000 screaming fans, surrounded by cheer leaders, a guy with a giant scary fiberglass head 2 feet away, and another guy shoves a microphone in his face. He had a couple of seconds of, deer in the headlights, look. Then he pulled it together and said his line as had been rehearsed.

It's pretty intense for a little kid.

skirtguy

We gotta go!
Staff
A/V Subscriber
May 4, 2008
Stillwater, OK
www.twitter.com
My son was in for a Bedlam basketball game. Thanks @skirtguy!

13,000 screaming fans, surrounded by cheer leaders, a guy with a giant scary fiberglass head 2 feet away, and another guy shoves a microphone in his face. He had a couple of seconds of, deer in the headlights, look. Then he pulled it together and said his line as had been rehearsed.

It's pretty intense for a little kid.
Talking to those kids before they went out was always one of the best parts of that gig. Some of them were so stubborn and didn't want to say anything once we got down there. Bring a pom girl by and he'd open right up! But it was always funny when you put the mic to their face. You never know what's actually going to come out of their mouths. Or they panic and don't know what to do. Then this happens... adorable!

FB_IMG_1541775011904.jpg

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Talking to those kids before they went out was always one of the best parts of that gig. Some of them were so stubborn and didn't want to say anything once we got down there.
It is a bit intimidating.

My son saw another kid do it at a game and he came out with the "why does that kid get to do it and I don't?" So, he learned a lesson in be careful what you wish for. When his big day came he powered through it, but it was definitely a, what the hell did I get myself into? moment.