Pinkwashing and Virtue Signaling of Corporate America

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
Oh they help fund research too apparently. I can find on their site the way the research money is split up percentage wise, but nothing to say the percentage of donations that go to research.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Excellent, thanks

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
The Komen CEO salary in 2010 was $459,406 a year. Komen paid founder and CEO Nancy Brinker (Komen's sister) $417,712 in 2011. Twenty percent goes to research. Other funds are distributed to "help" women. If research is one's goal, there are several charities where one's $ are better served. Below are a few. The lowest rated are in bold.

High-Rated and Low-Rated Charities
CAUSE HIGH-RATED, LOW-RATED

Animal Welfare

American Humane
Washington, D.C.
Gentle Giants Draft Horse Rescue
Mount Airy, Md.

PetSmart Charities
Phoenix, Ariz.
Noah’s Lost Ark
Berlin Center, Ohio

Wildlife Conservation Society
Bronx, N.Y.
Redwings Horse Rescue & Sanctuary
Lockwood, Calf.
SPCA International
New York, N.Y.

Blind and Hearing Impaired

Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind
Smithtown, NY
WonderWork
New York, N.Y.

Helen Keller International
New York, N.Y.
American Council of the Blind
Alexandria, Va.

National Federation of the Blind
Baltimore, Md.
Heritage for the Blind
Brooklyn, N.Y.

Prevent Blindness
Chicago, Ill.
Macular Degeneration Association
Sarasota, Fla.

Seva Foundation
Berkeley, Calif.

Cancer

Breast Cancer Research Foundation
New York, N.Y.
Cancer Survivors’ Fund
Missouri City, Texas

Cancer Research Institute
New York, N.Y.
Childhood Leukemia Foundation
Brick, N.J.

Ovarian Cancer Research Fund Alliance (OCRA)
New York, N.Y.
Children’s Leukemia Research Association
Garden City, N.Y.

Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
Manhattan Beach, Calif.
United Breast Cancer Foundation
Huntington, N.Y
Stand Up to Cancer - Entertainment Industry Foundation
Los Angeles, Calf.
Walker Cancer Research Institute
Aberdeen, Md.

Last edited:

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Po8I-WjhIFE

This was a PTA president. Nobody was warned. It was just listed as special surprise in the program.

Yeah... That's definitely inappropriate every month of the year...

Mar 11, 2006
Saw a promoted Tweet from Dove soap today. Dove was pushing for support to encourage a federal law requiring businesses to have paid paternity leave.

That is a pure empathy push. It is great if Dove wants to offer to their employees, but to market by encouraging more federal regulation is a bridge too far IMO. I was pleased to see the Twitter replies to the Tweet was mostly blasting Dove.

Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Saw a promoted Tweet from Dove soap today. Dove was pushing for support to encourage a federal law requiring businesses to have paid paternity leave.

That is a pure empathy push. It is great if Dove wants to offer to their employees, but to market by encouraging more federal regulation is a bridge too far IMO. I was pleased to see the Twitter replies to the Tweet was mostly blasting Dove.
Dove is a personal care brand owned by Unilever originating in the United Kingdom

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Dove is a personal care brand owned by Unilever originating in the United Kingdom
But the ad in question is in America and pushing for the paternity leave in America if it's the one I'm thinking of. So his criticism still stands

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
But the ad in question is in America and pushing for the paternity leave in America if it's the one I'm thinking of. So his criticism still stands

I wasn't defending the company.... I was pointing out - "no wonder"... it's a freaking foreign company.

Oh ok.