Phone Radio App

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 12, 2006
Yukon OK
So is there a Phone Radio App that actually works when in the Stadium and that isn't 2-3 plays behind the actual action on the field? Or am I going to have to take my headphones again this year?

Thanks,

Agent Orange

These violent delights have violent ends
A/V Subscriber
Jul 2, 2009
Moore
They used to sell a headset around the stadium that took a direct feed from the radio crew and it would play in real time.

Wish they would bring them back, haven't seen them in awhile.

Some Android phones actually have an FM Tuner built-into them. The newer Samsung Galaxy S8 for example does. Follow Link below to see if your phone is supported. You gotta use the App NextRadio if you are lucky enough that your phone has a built-in FM Tuner. http://nextradioapp.com/supported-devices/
This is good to know. I'm looking at upgrading to the S8 at some point. I did just by a Sony Walkman MP3 that has a built in FM radio for the games.

drawwr

Greenhorn
Nov 24, 2008
They used to sell a headset around the stadium that took a direct feed from the radio crew and it would play in real time.

Wish they would bring them back, haven't seen them in awhile.
Those were sold by http://livesportsradio.com/ . I brought this up on a text in a different forum and someone hooked me up with this website. I reached out to them and purchased one of the dual tuners that is pre programmed with the 93.7 signal. If you want one, contact Wendy Wanner at wendy.wanner@livesportsradio.com or call her at 248-844-0444. I paid $27.77 (includes shipping) and I've already received it.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I used to carry an old android phone with me for FM only and my S3 at the time for actual phone usage. I now have an Amazon Moto G4 Play with ads. Cost less than $100 and it's sim unlocked with a ton of frequencies for cell phone usage. I use it on Cricket/AT&T. But this way I have a phone and FM radio all in one and it has a pretty good FM app built into the phone so I don't have to use the Next app.