Pentagon to open up about UFO's

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
And if it were aliens they'd have figured it out by now.

Exit: Oh wait. Is that the thing from the Cars shorts? You know, with Tow Mater?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
No idea what it is. It's in Oklahoma. The night we saw it, it sat on the hood of our car for what seemed like an hour but was probably only a few seconds. The thing is crazy weird and completely unexplainable. Second link tells you how to get to it.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=joplin+spook+light&form=HDRSC2&first=1&scenario=ImageHoverTitle

https://www.joplinmo.org/575/The-Spook-Light

Deere Poke

A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
Obviously, there are unidentified flying objects... All of them were created and built by humans.

Let's look at this from a logical perspective. The vastness of space separating bodies of mass in space is stupifying, to say the least. It's astonishing. There are at least 500-billion stars in our own galaxy... traveling the speed of 35,000 mph (fastest spaceship made) would take 88,000-years to reach the nearest sun and solar system to our own. It is certainly logical to believe that not one intelligent species has ever left their solar system, regardless of the advancement of intelligence. Forget about sci-fi movies.. the energy needed to feasibly travel to other solar systems would require an insane amount of energy.. so much so that the energy output required would fuel a sun for many, many years.

Hypothetically, let's say we have the ability to travel the speed of light... It would take 100,000 years to traverse the entire galaxy, starting from one end and ending at the opposite end. Radio signals travel at the speed of light. Had an intelligent species lived at least 100,000-years (and continuously going back in time from then), we would've detected their transmissions of radio signals. Life may exist elsewhere in our galaxy, but it appears we are the only intelligent species in the Milky Way galaxy; possibly the entire universe.

And those videos the Pentagon released were ridiculously easy to debunk. 2 commercial airliners in two videos, and a weather balloon in other video. The Pentagon is propagating propaganda, nothing more.

Having said all that, I hope we find an intelligent species before I perish.. unfortunately, that will not happen. More than likely, until homosapiens become extinct, humans will never find/detect life elsewhere in universe. What a tragedy. I'd like to think that another intelligent species gazes toward the night sky and wonders if they're alone, just as I do.
So your saying with all those billions of stars out there that there is no chance some species has better technology than us and 35,000 MPH is the fastest a spaceship can move. I'm proud to meet the man who has disproven Quantum Physics so absolutely with a single post.

Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
No idea what it is. It's in Oklahoma. The night we saw it, it sat on the hood of our car for what seemed like an hour but was probably only a few seconds. The thing is crazy weird and completely unexplainable. Second link tells you how to get to it.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=joplin+spook+light&form=HDRSC2&first=1&scenario=ImageHoverTitle

One of my friends dad took a van load of us up 25 years ago to see it. Pretty cool.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Obviously, there are unidentified flying objects... All of them were created and built by humans.

Let's look at this from a logical perspective. The vastness of space separating bodies of mass in space is stupifying, to say the least. It's astonishing. There are at least 500-billion stars in our own galaxy... traveling the speed of 35,000 mph (fastest spaceship made) would take 88,000-years to reach the nearest sun and solar system to our own. It is certainly logical to believe that not one intelligent species has ever left their solar system, regardless of the advancement of intelligence. Forget about sci-fi movies.. the energy needed to feasibly travel to other solar systems would require an insane amount of energy.. so much so that the energy output required would fuel a sun for many, many years.

Hypothetically, let's say we have the ability to travel the speed of light... It would take 100,000 years to traverse the entire galaxy, starting from one end and ending at the opposite end. Radio signals travel at the speed of light. Had an intelligent species lived at least 100,000-years (and continuously going back in time from then), we would've detected their transmissions of radio signals. Life may exist elsewhere in our galaxy, but it appears we are the only intelligent species in the Milky Way galaxy; possibly the entire universe.

And those videos the Pentagon released were ridiculously easy to debunk. 2 commercial airliners in two videos, and a weather balloon in other video. The Pentagon is propagating propaganda, nothing more.

Having said all that, I hope we find an intelligent species before I perish.. unfortunately, that will not happen. More than likely, until homosapiens become extinct, humans will never find/detect life elsewhere in universe. What a tragedy. I'd like to think that another intelligent species gazes toward the night sky and wonders if they're alone, just as I do.
I am a tremendous skeptic. There are a lot of things I want to believe, ghosts, aliens, Bigfoot, but until I see real evidence, I'm not there. However I can't speak with the certainty you are about things we just don't know.

You are right about the distance between stars and here's how I try to wrap my head around the numbers. We hear all these things about so many light years, sometimes thousands or millions of light years to other stars. With one of our greatest achievements in the history of man we made it to the moon traveling in a rocket for 3 days. The moon is 1.3 light seconds away. Mars is about 3 light minutes away and our probes to Mars take about 9 months to get there.

I don't, however, join you in your certainty that we are alone. Not only are the distances too great to visualize, so are the number of planets. There are estimated to be a few hundred billion stars in our galaxy. We are finding each star represents more than one planet on average.

IF the odds of a planet having intelligent life is 1 in a million... no lets say it's 1 in a hundred million. That would give us over 3,000 other intelligent species in our galaxy. It's easy for me to accept the 1 in a hundred million odds that it has happened again. The estimated number of stars in the universe is more like a 1 with 21 zeros. That number is too much for me to cope with, although I agree with you planets in other galaxies is just too far to really think about. But if you stick with my 1 in 100,000,000 odds that would give us something-illions of other planets with intelligent life. They're out there somewhere.

Maybe it's not inevitable that intelligence always goes through a period of communicating with radio signals. More likely we just haven't found it yet. Maybe there's an answer that hasn't occurred to us yet with our limited perspective. There are some pretty rational, and smart, people at SETI who genuinely seem to believe we can find signals from other intelligent life. One recently told congress he expect to within the next 20 years. Those signals aren't as easy to detect, and find, as just turning on a big radio.

Last edited:

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Also, as far as what the technology required to travel to other planets, it would require not just an advance in technology, but a change in physics as we know it. However, if you went back in time just a few hundred years, a blink of an eye in our planet's history, and small percentage of human history, and told them about some of our achievements they wouldn't have believed it. Things like putting a horseless buggy on Mars and sending pictures back, genome mapping, the ability to fly from one side of the planet to the other in a few hours, that would have been crazy talk, so imagine what we could do in the next 300 years.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2018
USA
Also, as far as what the technology required to travel to other planets, it would require not just an advance in technology, but a change in physics as we know it. However, if you went back in time just a few hundred years, a blink of an eye in our planet's history, and small percentage of human history, and told them about some of our achievements they wouldn't have believed it. Things like putting a horseless buggy on Mars and sending pictures back, genome mapping, the ability to fly from one side of the planet to the other in a few hours, that would have been crazy talk, so imagine what we could do in the next 300 years.
Also consider the age of the Earth (4.5 billion years) compared to the oldest known planet in our galaxy or even other galaxies (13 billion years). Theoretically, there could be species with quite a head start on us. What will we accomplish in the next billion years (assuming the left aren't in control ;))?

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I am a tremendous skeptic. There are a lot of things I want to believe, ghosts, aliens, Bigfoot, but until I see real evidence, I'm not there. However I can't speak with the certainty you are about things we just don't know.

You are right about the distance between stars and here's how I try to wrap my head around the numbers. We hear all these things about so many light years, sometimes thousands or millions of light years to other stars. With one of our greatest achievements in the history of man we made it to the moon traveling in a rocket for 3 days. The moon is 1.3 light seconds away. Mars is about 3 light minutes away and our probes to Mars take about 9 months to get there.

I don't, however, join you in your certainty that we are alone. Not only are the distances too great to visualize, so are the number of planets. There are estimated to be a few hundred billion stars in our galaxy. We are finding each star represents more than one planet on average.

IF the odds of a planet having intelligent life is 1 in a million... no lets say it's 1 in a hundred million. That would give us over 3,000 other intelligent species in our galaxy. It's easy for me to accept the 1 in a hundred million odds that it has happened again. The estimated number of stars in the universe is more like a 1 with 21 zeros. That number is too much for me to cope with, although I agree with you planets in other galaxies is just too far to really think about. But if you stick with my 1 in 100,000,000 odds that would give us something-illions of other planets with intelligent life. They're out there somewhere.

Maybe it's not inevitable that intelligence always goes through a period of communicating with radio signals. More likely we just haven't found it yet. Maybe there's an answer that hasn't occurred to us yet with our limited perspective. There are some pretty rational, and smart, people at SETI who genuinely seem to believe we can find signals from other intelligent life. One recently told congress he expect to within the next 20 years. Those signals aren't as easy to detect, and find, as just turning on a big radio.
Very well said.

I'd also add: never underestimate the arrogance of the human race when it comes to our understanding of the world at any given point in time. We're only a couple hundred years removed from drilling holes in people's heads to let 'evil spirits' out.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
Very well said.

I'd also add: never underestimate the arrogance of the human race when it comes to our understanding of the world at any given point in time. We're only a couple hundred years removed from drilling holes in people's heads to let 'evil spirits' out.
Thats coming back in a big freaking way.

Nov 6, 2010

I agree the vastness of space and distance between starts makes the idea difficult to fully embrace. However, I've often wondered how accurate those measurements of "this star is X light years away", etc, truly are. I have a hard time believing we could see so many objects with the naked eye if they were truly as far away as the experts seem to think. But even if they're wrong by a factor of 10 or even 100, the distances are still pretty daunting.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!

not unique to Oklahoma

Check out the Marfa Lights, Paulding Lights, Will o The Wisp lights (Europe) or Jack-o-Lanterns (Denmark), Naga Fireball

Generally these are swamp or marsh gas balls. I've seen them in Louisiana when I lived there. They are creepy as hell and look like they are bouncing up and down across the ground. They can be some pretty amazing colors depending on the type of gases and chemicals involved in it

Deere Poke

A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
I agree the vastness of space and distance between starts makes the idea difficult to fully embrace. However, I've often wondered how accurate those measurements of "this star is X light years away", etc, truly are. I have a hard time believing we could see so many objects with the naked eye if they were truly as far away as the experts seem to think. But even if they're wrong by a factor of 10 or even 100, the distances are still pretty daunting.
Maybe this has something to do with it.
https://www.collective-evolution.co...esnt-exist-as-we-think-it-does-mind-altering/

Deere Poke

A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
not unique to Oklahoma

Check out the Marfa Lights, Paulding Lights, Will o The Wisp lights (Europe) or Jack-o-Lanterns (Denmark), Naga Fireball

Generally these are swamp or marsh gas balls. I've seen them in Louisiana when I lived there. They are creepy as hell and look like they are bouncing up and down across the ground. They can be some pretty amazing colors depending on the type of gases and chemicals involved in it
It's funny the experts that studied it determined it was from headlights on 44 shining through. Not sure how that explanation holds up since people have been seeing it since the 1860's.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
It's funny the experts that studied it determined it was from headlights on 44 shining through. Not sure how that explanation holds up since people have been seeing it since the 1860's.
if you get a chance read up on this phenomenon. It dates back to the mid 1700's as far as recording them and trying to study them etc goes. I'm sure man kind have seen them throughout all of history.

It is fascinating we have been chasing them for 100's of years and still do not have an accurate description or exactly what it is

Deere Poke

A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
not unique to Oklahoma

The night we saw it, it looked like a basketball made out of light sitting on the hood of the car. Freaky as heck.

Deere Poke

A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
if you get a chance read up on this phenomenon. It dates back to the mid 1700's as far as recording them and trying to study them etc goes. I'm sure man kind have seen them throughout all of history
I've heard a lot about the swamp gas lights. The one in NE Oklahoma isn't in a swamp big shocker there.