Party's Over In Seattle

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
More gaslighting by OP leftist extremists. Those charged in the Harney County Oregon standoff were ACQUITTED by a federal jury!

Except the dead guy. I don't think he was acquitted. He was ventilated by LE, just like the guy in Atlanta, but I don't remember anything getting burned down over it. Maybe I just missed that part.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Except the dead guy. I don't think he was acquitted. He was ventilated by LE, just like the guy in Atlanta, but I don't remember anything getting burned down over it. Maybe I just missed that part.
But you can bet that many were angry enough. Damn self-restraint. Overrated.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
More gaslighting by OP leftist extremists. Those charged in the Harney County Oregon standoff were ACQUITTED by a federal jury!
Gotcha, I was thinking the pardon was for them. They were actually protesting for the guys that got pardoned. Either way the point stands. Trump did pardon convicted arsonists. And extreme right protesters used weapons to take control over land that wasn't theirs.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
I find this line of thought very concerning. A group of people, some armed, physically seized both public property and other people's private property. And there are apparently some people out there who just shrug their shoulders and say "meh, it's just a minor protest, what's the big deal".
It sounded weird when , I first heard about it. So. I hit up friends in the area.

First off, fhey went there and walked around and thought it was silly. Not dangerous or threatening.

Second, this is as pathetic as the goobers and dingbats that took over the bureau of land management buildings in Oregon four or five years ago.

Both are literally much ado about nothing.
I strongly suggest you hit up somebody you know in Seattle instead of listening to news reports that are trying to play on your emotions.

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
Gotcha, I was thinking the pardon was for them. They were actually protesting for the guys that got pardoned. Either way the point stands. Trump did pardon convicted arsonists. And extreme right protesters used weapons to take control over land that wasn't theirs.

That's a pretty loose view of how those ranchers wound up in prison. That was bullshit railroad job, and if that isn't apparent to you, then you have an agenda, and it doesn't care about the difference between right and wrong, just the agenda.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
The Hammonds served their time for arson and the 9th Circus decided they should do more time. They then served what, another 2 or 3 years after that? It doesn’t seem like a misuse of pardon power IMO.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
That's a pretty loose view of how those ranchers wound up in prison. That was bullshit railroad job, and if that isn't apparent to you, then you have an agenda, and it doesn't care about the difference between right and wrong, just the agenda.
Gotcha, getting "railroaded" by police is a good reason to protest and take up arms against the government. Getting killed by police for $20, sleeping in your house, walking with a hoddy on, resisting arrest, etc. is not.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
It sounded weird when , I first heard about it. So. I hit up friends in the area.

First off, fhey went there and walked around and thought it was silly. Not dangerous or threatening.

Second, this is as pathetic as the goobers and dingbats that took over the bureau of land management buildings in Oregon four or five years ago.

I strongly suggest you hit up somebody you know in Seattle instead of listening to news reports that are trying to play on your emotions.
The police don't often flee from their own precinct for a hippie drum circle. There have actually been people shot in there, we really don't know the details because transparency is not one of the higher virtues the CHOP people believe in.

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
The Hammonds served their time for arson and the 9th Circus decided they should do more time. They then served what, another 2 or 3 years after that? It doesn’t seem like a misuse of pardon power IMO.

The arson was grassland range (and it wasnt' very much, less than 5 acres as I recall) that was set as a back fire to put out a fire that started on Federal land that was uncontained. They did it to save their Winter feed and grazing pastures. They were conned into pleading guilty, and then had the book thrown at them instead of receiving the agreed upon plea deal. They got fuckin' railroaded by the federal government.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK

One of my friends from grad school lives in Seattle and his office is in the vicinity of the CHOP. He’s working from home due to Covid but he knows people who have been in the office and what he was told was it’s fine during the day. But make sure you’re long gone before the sun goes down.

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
Gotcha, getting "railroaded" by police is a good reason to protest and take up arms against the government. Getting killed by police for $20, sleeping in your house, walking with a hoddy on, resisting arrest, etc. is not.

You want to show me where I said that?

I'll wait.

edit - it's okay, you have an agenda, and that's cool, just have some stones and be man enough to admit it and own it.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
One of my friends from grad school lives in Seattle and his office is in the vicinity of the CHOP. He’s working from home due to Covid but he knows people who have been in the office and what he was told was it’s fine during the day. But make sure you’re long gone before the sun goes down.
I could see that. I still feel like anyone wandering around in there put themselves in harms way, but sooner or later some naïve young girl is going to get raped and nobody will be able to do anything about it.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
The arson was grassland range (and it wasnt' very much, less than 5 acres as I recall) that was set as a back fire to put out a fire that started on Federal land that was uncontained. They did it to save their Winter feed and grazing pastures. They were conned into pleading guilty, and then had the book thrown at them instead of receiving the agreed upon plea deal. They got fuckin' railroaded by the federal government.
If getting railroaded by the Feds or police is a reason to take over an area then there would be no place left open at this point. The fact that so many people defended the actions of those ranchers fighting for rights and getting upset at minorities for doing the same is really all I am trying to point out.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Fair, I am just pointing out the parallels.
I don’t really see the parallels. If the Minneapolis PD condoned the action and the cops are eventually acquitted then to me that’s when you protest. But not waiting for all the facts to come out or for the legal system to play out is jumping the gun IMO. On one hand you’re talking about the Federal Govt railroading two guys, and on the other you’re talking about a cop that didn’t follow protocol. As long as that cop gets punished to me the system is working.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
I don’t really see the parallels. If the Minneapolis PD condoned the action and the cops are eventually acquitted then to me that’s when you protest. But not waiting for all the facts to come out or for the legal system to play out is jumping the gun IMO. On one hand you’re talking about the Federal Govt railroading two guys, and on the other you’re talking about a cop that didn’t follow protocol. As long as that cop gets punished to me the system is working.
If they are allowed to take over a public space because their fiends were in prison too long then there are literally thousands of cases of people being denied bail, wrongfully accused, have drugs planted on, misidentified, false drug tests, etc. that would be along the same lines.

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
If getting railroaded by the Feds or police is a reason to take over an area then there would be no place left open at this point. The fact that so many people defended the actions of those ranchers fighting for rights and getting upset at minorities for doing the same is really all I am trying to point out.

Not going to cop to your agenda?

Duly noted.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
If they are allowed to take over a public space because their fiends were in prison too long then there are literally thousands of cases of people being denied bail, wrongfully accused, have drugs planted on, misidentified, false drug tests, etc. that would be along the same lines.
Sounds like worthy causes to protest IMO. We all have the right to do it including those protesting Floyd’s death even if I disagree with the premise. I’m just stating my opinion that I don’t see the parallel that you see.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Sounds like worthy causes to protest IMO. We all have the right to do it including those protesting Floyd’s death even if I disagree with the premise. I’m just stating my opinion that I don’t see the parallel that you see.
I am seeing the parallel being as simple as, Law enforcement oversteps so they seize land in protest.