Our Government at Work, Why do we need the bee reality is even stranger.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
So you don't think Trump is the most corrupt politician, but share no rationale for why that is so?
I'll give you two reasons. One, he's obviously not a very skilled politician, he doesn't know how to "play the game" that the career politicians play in their sleep. And two, he's under such a powerful microscope from the media, the bureaucracy and the political parties that he's more likely to get caught. I just said that he wasn't the most corrupt politician in DC, I made no indication about whether he wished he could be (because I don't know that).

Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Another 4 years of Trump and his deviciveness could lead us toward a civil war.
Well you're absolutely right that darkness can't drive out darkness but for some reason you seem to think we have a light option to choose from. We don't. Trump is darkness, Biden is darkness, the DNC is darkness, the GOP is darkness. For Pete's sake, Biden has been in politics for 40 freaking years and he's a multi-millionaire as a result of it...I can do without that kind of "savior".

Also the polarization of the two sides did not magically appear because of Trump...that has been growing for some time. The two political parties WANT us divided, it makes their job easier, they divide us on purpose. That divisiveness certainly won't leave politics with Trump....it will continue to get worse and worse whether Trump wins or not.

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
I'll give you two reasons. One, he's obviously not a very skilled politician, he doesn't know how to "play the game" that the career politicians play in their sleep. And two, he's under such a powerful microscope from the media, the bureaucracy and the political parties that he's more likely to get caught. I just said that he wasn't the most corrupt politician in DC, I made no indication about whether he wished he could be (because I don't know that).

Well you're absolutely right that darkness can't drive out darkness but for some reason you seem to think we have a light option to choose from. We don't. Trump is darkness, Biden is darkness, the DNC is darkness, the GOP is darkness. For Pete's sake, Biden has been in politics for 40 freaking years and he's a multi-millionaire as a result of it...I can do without that kind of "savior".

Also the polarization of the two sides did not magically appear because of Trump...that has been growing for some time. The two political parties WANT us divided, it makes their job easier, they divide us on purpose. That divisiveness certainly won't leave politics with Trump....it will continue to get worse and worse whether Trump wins or not.
Yes you do. The libertarian party exists and is growing. Don't buy into the 2 party line, Trump is a product of that way of thinking and we will continue to get worse and worse presidents until people start voting gor someone else.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Yes you do. The libertarian party exists and is growing. Don't buy into the 2 party line, Trump is a product of that way of thinking and we will continue to get worse and worse presidents until people start voting gor someone else.
Hey I voted Johnson in 2016 and I wish more people would vote 3rd party (Libertarian or Green or anything else), I have absolutely no love for either of the 2 main parties. I wish the Libertarian party would get more active in local elections and try to grow from the bottom up but they never seem to.

I don't "buy into the 2 party line" as you say, but the simple fact remains that only Biden or Trump will win the election. Only around 5% of the population will vote for something other than an R or a D....and as long as that continues, I will continue hoping for the lesser of two evils, and to me that is Trump over Biden in 2020....I understand you see it the other way around and that's fine.

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
I
Hey I voted Johnson in 2016 and I wish more people would vote 3rd party (Libertarian or Green or anything else), I have absolutely no love for either of the 2 main parties. I wish the Libertarian party would get more active in local elections and try to grow from the bottom up but they never seem to.

I don't "buy into the 2 party line" as you say, but the simple fact remains that only Biden or Trump will win the election. Only around 5% of the population will vote for something other than an R or a D....and as long as that continues, I will continue hoping for the lesser of two evils, and to me that is Trump over Biden in 2020....I understand you see it the other way around and that's fine.
I guess I struggle with the idea of a libertarian supporing trump because he is socially conservative and fiscally liberal, which is the opposite of the libertarian platform. Like a cut off ones nose to spite the face type of thing.

I agree that libertarians need to focus on local elections, as the current approach is not working. We need to get Jo on Joe Rogan, because her message would resonate with his listeners.