OU Wrestling Drops Bedlam in Norman

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Yeah you're hilarious. At the time it looked great as he was one of the best technical coaches out there. Obviously it hasn't worked out but at the time it was huge and they paid a ton for him to go to OU.

Frankly it would be like us paying $7m per year to bring someone like Brent Venables in as head coach and then he just coasts through the contract because he doesn't really want the job.. just the money.
Even Travis Ford was better. He moved here and was involved with the university and students. He was likeable, just not a great coach.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Even Travis Ford was better. He moved here and was involved with the university and students. He was likeable, just not a great coach.
Yeah... Again different scenario. But if Ford hadn't invested in the community at all and hadn't been interested in getting to know the school then yeah that would be similar... Although Ford wasn't considered one of the best in the sport when he hired him, just a hot up and comer...

Rosselli was considered one of the best coaches in international wrestling. Period.

Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
Like I said a year ago, it doesn't matter what his resume was prior to being hired. The times I witnessed him, he was absolutely uninvolved in the duals. He just sits there, leaned back in his chair. The first dual I saw him coach, it took me a while to figure out who the coach actually was because NO ONE was coaching the kids.

But, it is a sign that we all should have seen coming. Very few Sooners care about wrestling.

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
As sad as it is OSU and the rest of the Big 12 needs ou to be at a minimum competitive in wrestling. ISU is improving but they have been down. West Virginia hired a new coach and we will see if they get better. UNI is good and Wyo is improving but the conference is way behind the Big 10 overall. Because of this it requires OSU to wrestle the kind of schedule they have this year to prep for NCAA's.

Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
#22 Lehigh 28
OU 3

#22 Lehigh 6
#2 OSU 27

I hate all things OU of course. But OU wrestling should never be not a top 10 program. They are headed in the wrong direction and no one in Norman gives a flying flip. Tuttle HS could give them a good match. They should never get dominated on their home mat by Lehigh. Ever.
The only match 0u won was 285. They beat the Lehigh backup heavyweight 5 to 4. I had someone who was at the dual tell me that 0u fans were walking out in the middle of the dual yelling that they wanted their money back. I think Roselli's days are numbered. Maybe promote Guerrero and see what happens?

Aug 9, 2011
Perry, OK
The only match 0u won was 285. They beat the Lehigh backup heavyweight 5 to 4. I had someone who was at the dual tell me that 0u fans were walking out in the middle of the dual yelling that they wanted their money back. I think Roselli's days are numbered. Maybe promote Guerrero and see what happens?
Don't say this to Jack Spates...he is convinced that Rosell is building a monster and that OU wrestling will be back. He is such an idiot!