ou/Texas outcome?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 18, 2009
I’ve had two different conversations with OSU fans about the game in Dallas this Saturday. Curious about the board, who do we want to win? What benefits us the most? Both team with two losses or a three loss ou team?

OctaviusRexLTH

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Aug 16, 2019
Alabama
I feel like UT has a higher chance of falling off later in the season if they win Saturday. If OU wins, I can see them maybe fighting back into conference championship contention. If OU loses Saturday, they're toast

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Want OU to lose. I like our chances against UT and I like us against OU when the outcome is meaningless.
Here is my thoughts on it and they are simple. With as much trouble as we have with OU even when we are favored, do we want to face them twice in a year to reach our goals? So simple answer is Hell no. So any scenario that helps to keep OU out of the conference championship game is what I am cheering for. So in other words, Go Horns!

Feb 18, 2009
but then at the same time, wouldn't Texas losing give us higher odds to make the CCG in the first place? I'm torn here. wish they could both lose
I’m torn too. An ou win gives us a two game lead on the two teams with the most “talent” and we still get to play both. However, I dont root for ou. Ever. In anything. So a three loss ou team would make me happy.

Feb 18, 2009
Here is my thoughts on it and they are simple. With as much trouble as we have with OU even when we are favored, do we want to face them twice in a year to reach our goals? So simple answer is Hell no. So any scenario that helps to keep OU out of the conference championship game is what I am cheering for. So in other words, Go Horns!
This is where I landed. I don’t want to play them twice. Plain and simple.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Agreed. And if for no other reason, I just want them to lose because it’s ou.

Oct 4, 2020
Ardmore
OU needs to lose Saturday. Texas is what Texas is, not gonna get much better not gonna get much worse. OU is young and super talented. We need them to get a 3rd loss so they are eliminated from getting any life this year.

Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia
I’m torn too. An ou win gives us a two game lead on the two teams with the most “talent” and we still get to play both. However, I dont root for ou. Ever. In anything. So a three loss ou team would make me happy.
I think 0U is talented too. They are mess up at the moment with the DBs, OLs and the young QB. When they get some issues corrected, they will be strong after few weeks or the time when we face them.

I want them to lose again and kill whatever momentum they are trying to build. I want to see a stake-less 0U team.

Tejas is not yet back. They always lose to oSu, Baylor, K-State and Iowa State. Well even Kansas beat them recently. They will surely fall 2~3 of those games.

Go Horns.!

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
My initial gut reaction was to want ou to win because that gives them both two losses. Tough call, but that takes both of them out of the conference race early.

On reflection, screw ou. 3 losses with no leadership and how many more games do they drop? We beat them and that's 4 losses. TCU and WVU aren't out of the question so them going 5-5 or worse is possible. For Texas, a 2nd loss and us with the dagger could end up costing Herman his job.

So tldr, either way this is a good thing for us.

Aug 31, 2004
Austin, TX
I think we could beat Texas twice. Their D sucks, and our D definitely matches up well against them. OU, we could beat once, but twice in one season is too much to ask.