OU Situation

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Gallogly has been forced to make drastic changes at OU to right the ship and clean up Boren's mess. OU is a billion in debt and Gallogly is using business tactics to reduce debt including layoffs, halting new construction, etc. which isn't sitting well with the staff and professors. It was a free-for-all under Boren and Gallogly calling him out on it isn't going over well.
But you do have that cool new statue to show for it.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
So are we really supposed to believe that OU suddenly became an organization rooted in racists values just over the last 6 months?? I'm failing to see how any of this stuff is the new president's fault...

Oh, and color me shocked that an employee he fired while cleaning house is demanding his resignation... :rolleyes:
[Edit: Not fired but removed from dean role. The first reports I saw on this weren't clear on that and made it sound like she'd been removed from faculty entirely]

[Also Edit: I posted the first comment before making it through the entire article to see that they DID say that it's been going on for generations. If it's been such a big problem for generations, why was none of this outrage brought out until after Boren left?? Why do you suddenly want THIS guy's head who, from outside looking in, appears to be trying to actually fix the mess Boren made?]

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2006
So are we really supposed to believe that OU suddenly became an organization rooted in racists values just over the last 6 months?? I'm failing to see how any of this stuff is the new president's fault...

Oh, and color me shocked that an employee he fired while cleaning house is demanding his resignation... :rolleyes:
[Edit: Not fired but removed from dean role. The first reports I saw on this weren't clear on that and made it sound like she'd been removed from faculty entirely]

[Also Edit: I posted the first comment before making it through the entire article to see that they DID say that it's been going on for generations. If it's been such a big problem for generations, why was none of this outrage brought out until after Boren left?? Why do you suddenly want THIS guy's head who, from outside looking in, appears to be trying to actually fix the mess Boren made?]
The ex-Dean just proved herself that she doesn’t appear to have the faculties to be a Dean at a large university. I read way too much about the incident last night. But did learn that some of the signs and banners the students waved were made by the daughter of the ex-Dean.
The ex-Dean not only cussed out the OU President at the rally, but started an online petition to have him fired, blamed the OU regents, and publicly went after the OU President in his first meetings over the summer.
She seems crazy.

And you are right about Boren’s mess. The new President was hired specifically to correct the financial problems. One of the large expenditures was the study abroad place in Brazil that was in addition to the OU campus in Italy. The new President is not stopping the study abroad program, just slowing down expenditures that have no bearing on educational value.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Townie I enjoy giving you grief, but that article you posted is true and correct. What's happening on that campus with our tax money is a joke. The Porkster left a mess that has to be cleaned up.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
Townie....thanks for posting this outstanding article. It should be read by everyone seriously interested in higher education! This "disease" is not only present at OU but in most large universities!
Exactly right! Universities in general have become a scary, way-overpriced brainwashing camp for our youth. Most are not taught anything which can translate into the real world, but instead they learn to blame others for everything. It's disgusting and sad!